SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#281839 - 02/23/10 12:49 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Some panes are a bit small, but, in general, the program is quite readable on my 10" netbook. I have converted some Techics styles over to Ketron(so I wouldn't be stealing any Diki), and they sound great.

Since I am not a softsynth person, I am going slowly through the features the best I can, and am impressed.

#281840 - 02/23/10 01:28 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dan,
software that would allow someone to edit/create ketron format styles would be incredibly useful.

For instance something similar to what korg has done for their styles. Maybe being able to save a style as a midifile, edit, and resave as a style.

Ok , I know you can use EMC XT style conversion, and do some very limited editing, but it's not perfect.
EMC removes multiple tempo changes in intro's/endings, which can sometimes make them sound off.
For some bizzare reason you also can't put an expression controller ( 11) on the first beat of a style part. Might not sound important, but I used to get large jumps in volume when I used to try & edit my sd1 styles in EMC.

Only reason I sold my sd1+ , was I gave up trying to edit styles for it.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#281841 - 02/23/10 01:41 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
wondering what the difference is between Live Stylers version of playing Ketron styles, & Dan's version.

Dan's plays Ketron styles as is, for some reason I had it in the back of my mind that Live Stylers version CONVERTS the ketron style to Yamaha's style format , then plays it. Have I got it wrong??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#281842 - 02/23/10 01:51 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
If I also have to buy the styles this become all very expensive as a second keyboard. I need to buy the software, the Ketron SD2 a controller and the styles. I think for that money I could almost buy a SD5. No I think I will go for a Roland Prelude as I like the sound of the Roland more.

#281843 - 02/23/10 05:01 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frans,
don't want to hijack Dan's post.
I think it's brilliant that he has come up with a soundmodule/software combination.
Unfortunately I damaged my SD2 & I have to wait till I can send it off & it comes back from repairs.

I used a software arranger (OMB) for a couple of years & thoroughly enjoyed it.
Only problem was we all used different soundsources, so we couldn't really share styles.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/020871.html

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
If I also have to buy the styles this become all very expensive as a second keyboard. I need to buy the software, the Ketron SD2 a controller and the styles. I think for that money I could almost buy a SD5. No I think I will go for a Roland Prelude as I like the sound of the Roland more.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#281844 - 02/23/10 05:41 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes Rikky you are right, vArranger is playing NATIVELY the ketron styles and do not use any converter.

I also experimented not perfect results with converters, so I worked hard to not use any converters.

Also, note that the sounds you get with vArranger for the right part are better than just the SD2 sounds. because of up to 5 sounds layering.

Did you try some accordeons? Epiano, strings, organ...

look at the rights 1 to 4 sounds when you change the sound presets....

Also you can use thoses best sounds for right hand and for left hand...

So you can get a nice DXPIANO sound for left had (containing 3 layers) + a nice STRINGS sound for right sound (containing 4 layers)

All that with just 3 clik of buttons...

(to change the left hand sound, click on the LEFT track pane in the master section)

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#281845 - 02/23/10 06:08 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I updated the screenshot on the website http://www.varranger.fr

Click on the image.

A little face lift on the new version.

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online