SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#281829 - 02/22/10 09:42 AM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN.2000:
Hi Frans,

Do you have any midi keyboard yet?

What size of keyboard do you like to play with?

I am still waiting for a compagny to sell a top quality keybed 76 keys + a lot of buttons on it and very lightweight But there isn't in the market! Am I the only one who want that?

There is many models for the 61 keys and less...

let me know

Dan

Check this one out ...

picture

http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-vx.html

Its a little over 10 kg which is for me a lightweight solution, i have owned the 88 key version, and i liked the controllers a lot.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#281830 - 02/22/10 01:55 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
This software is certainly on my wishlist. I am looking for a second keyboard but this also look fun to play with. Let you know when I have more questions.

Frans

#281831 - 02/22/10 02:09 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Now, don't get me wrong. I AM NOT advocating what I am about to say, simply offering an example of absurdity to provoke more thought about your actions. Please remember this...

But, why worry about what each style player software COSTS? Why not steal a copy from a friend, download it from a warez site, cracked and everything? I mean, you are about to steal the Ketron styles and their audio loops, why stop there?

Let's be honest, here. How many of you that are contemplating getting this software is actually going to go to Ketron and BUY all the styles you want? Before you dismiss copyright for styles, consider what it really means in the long term.

And now, in case anyone missed it... Once again, DO NOT take this seriously (at least the stealing the style player software part). All I am doing is trying to make you think about the consequences of your actions, and their logical (if morally abhorrent) conclusion. Ketron's audio styles cost them a FORTUNE to make. If you are willing to pay this man for his efforts, be willing to pay Ketron for theirs, too.

That is all...

#281832 - 02/22/10 03:27 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
leezone Offline

Diki,

i own a Ketron XD3
what is wrong with having this varranger with MY Ketron XD3 styles as BACKUP?
or even as my main setup?

this varranger does not come with the Ketron styles
YOU have to have "bought" them

ALL i have to say is:
this software ROCKS !!!

#281833 - 02/22/10 03:40 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lee, I think you get my point. You HAVE bought your styles. Most EULA's for styles allows you to use them for your own purposes in any way you want.

But I have my doubts that most people getting this software are then promptly going to surf over to Ketron, and purchase a few hundred styles or more...

Up until this point, most Ketron audio styles could only REALLY be played on their own hardware (they didn't translate too well because the best part of the style was the loop), so Ketron was getting a return on their investment in making the styles (styles that good are not cheap - ask Nedim). But take away the need for the hardware, what's Ketron's advantage in making them now?

#281834 - 02/22/10 06:01 PM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Please note that my software works with the Ketron SD2.

Many users of vArranger² bought to Ketron their SD2 because of my software.

also, in their website, there is a lot of styles for SD2 in midifile format.

It should be good if Ketron would sell the internal styles of their keyboards to the users.

It is the same story when the XD3 was out, a lot of SD1 users downloaded the XD3 new styles inside their SD1.

By the way, I really respect Ketron for their work, and I don't want to make them loose of money, but more a new product to go with their hardware miniature sound module.

I think when they conceived the SD2, they knew that it need a nice software to go with, because some of the Midi settings are hard to obtain. I just created this software.

And from a small sound selector, it became an arranger, then added midifile, karaoke, then mp3 and then (try to be) full management of what we need in live conditions.

I did it first for my own personnal need and then, with the number of users growing, it became a fulltime work.

by the way, the inspiration came from the SynthZone community.

Thank you all

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#281835 - 02/23/10 04:37 AM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Dan,

Why don't you sell, or lease the idea to Ketron!?

You know what? If Korg, for instance, would provide a software arranger, similar to yours, containing pa800/pa2x/future arranger features, I'd buy it! Or Roland, or even Yamaha, for that matter.

I'll kive you another idea: why not make a big thing out of vArranger and create styles for it (actually, get some skilled people as partners in this) and sell it as a whole package.

Fact is, if you could present such a package, maybe togheter with an audiocard and midi controller included (or suggested), propose some interesting "styles modularity" as many people would like, add some recording abilities to your soft-arranger (some sequencer) and you'd be the first to take the cream from this. Maybe you followed the other discussions... The fisrt one to "transpose" the arrangers into software world would open the way to a revolution in this area.

Just my thoughts.

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 02-23-2010).]

#281836 - 02/23/10 05:25 AM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Adimatis,

You are 100% right on all points. I have all that is my head already...

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who this the idea of vArranger was great and follow a true need in the musical world.

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#281837 - 02/23/10 05:50 AM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
Dan,

Why don't you sell, or lease the idea to Ketron!?

You know what? If Korg, for instance, would provide a software arranger, similar to yours, containing pa800/pa2x/future arranger features, I'd buy it! Or Roland, or even Yamaha, for that matter.

I'll kive you another idea: why not make a big thing out of vArranger and create styles for it (actually, get some skilled people as partners in this) and sell it as a whole package.

Fact is, if you could present such a package, maybe togheter with an audiocard and midi controller included (or suggested), propose some interesting "styles modularity" as many people would like, add some recording abilities to your soft-arranger (some sequencer) and you'd be the first to take the cream from this. Maybe you followed the other discussions... The fisrt one to "transpose" the arrangers into software world would open the way to a revolution in this area.

Just my thoughts.

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 02-23-2010).]

TMS Branda http://www.tornado-music.de/ did this years ago with Livestyler, unfortunately with the death of its founder, no one appears to have carried it on.

Bill

#281838 - 02/23/10 08:05 AM Re: vArranger² - Virtual Arranger Software - Ketron SD2
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
oh yes, sorry I forgot to mention before: I DO LIKE how vArranger looks like. I like the sounds also, but credit goes to Ketron for that.

I'd love being able to use a VSTi with your software, something not too heavy but good sounding like Hypersonic2 would be very nice. And like I said, a basic midi sequencer would be nice too.

Goodluck with this project! I'd like seeing it along the years as a new era opener! I mean it!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online