Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Ok a orchestra. What is your point?

I give up!

#281614 - 02/17/10 06:26 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Do these Tyros 3 styles work on a Tyros 2?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#281615 - 02/18/10 12:01 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Please explain

I love the fact that you need this explained to you in black and white.

what it means is - your so called version of the "truth" is an absolute joke to anyone with minor knowledge about keyboards.

you are stubborn and unreasonable and proven wrong everytime a Yamaha keyboard is switched on.

-Nick

#281616 - 02/18/10 12:56 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/xs_audio_demos/ Play the demo Funkalicious.

If AWM2 is so terrible, why does this sound amazing...?

I'm afraid I'm not really turned on by the engine inside my keyboard. I don't wake up with a woody because I can stack more oscillators than the competition. All I care about is something that sounds real, sounds punchy, sounds like something I'd be proud to play...

Anybody here that would be ashamed to make that demo?

Didn't think so..

BTW, Frans, you stick to listening to stuff through your headphones. I'm perfectly fine playing all MY computer and music audio through a 24bit converter into my Mackie HR824's.

#281617 - 02/18/10 01:35 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Obviously some of the posters here have not yet read my previous posts & reviews, (Understandable as they have been spread over a number of years) however it is only the T3 I have issues with (I havent heard the S910 so cant comment) as the rest of the range is fine, because they have a nice CD quality sound (Not my cup of tea, as I prefer a more live sound) which is great, the T3 on the other hand really is a dog, as apart from the SA voices it just sounds so compressed.
I regularly go to live music venues, (One of the advantages of where I live) so know exactly what live instruments and players sound like, and I can give you a 110% absolute total guarantee that apart from the SA voices, T3 doesnt even get onto the bottom rung of the ladder.
The closest hardware board to real sounds (Personally) I find to be the Korg/Ketron range (With or without DNC) as they really do sound more like a live band.
The above is why I never compare boards with boards. (I only compare boards with live sounds)
BTW If you are after Jazz & Big Band sounds, one of the best value ways is this http://www.garritan.com/products_jabb.html (They really do sound like real instruments, and at an amazing price)

Bill

#281618 - 02/18/10 02:22 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I love the fact that you need this explained to you in black and white.

what it means is - your so called version of the "truth" is an absolute joke to anyone with minor knowledge about keyboards.

you are stubborn and unreasonable and proven wrong everytime a Yamaha keyboard is switched on.

-Nick

My excuse for not understanding every English sentence.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 02-18-2010).]

#281619 - 02/18/10 03:05 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
DannyUK Offline

Hi guys,

Sorry to butt in, but I really felt compelled to ask why things become so personal between you guys?

We've always known that the sound of each keyboard is always subjective and that means it's of one's personal choice, it doesn't necessarily mean that one is better than the other, not anymore anyway.

None of the keyboards that have been mentioned here sound bad in any way shape or form, they just offer a different sound, more like an alternative and I think that having choices is a very healthy thing.

Having owned many keyboards over the years and gained a lot of experience with each one of them, I've always been proud and delighted to have owned every single one of them, it was a pleasure to explore each one and finding myself on an amazing musical journey which has taken me to the T3.

After now owning the T3 for nearly a month, I am finding it hard to understand how on earth they can improve the sounds and styles, surely it can only be negligent or cosmetic, or so it seems like it. As much as I've been impressed with the T3, it isn't THAT vastly superior to my PA1X and that's because the Korg was already great, and that's a 6 year old board. When I first put on the T3, I didn't get the WOW factor I got when I first opened say my GEM WX2 or PSR8000 as they were significantly better than their predecessors, that trend I think has ended because there is really only so much you can do to improve a sax or piano sound before it reaches a limit where it just can't get any better - just different and I think that's where we are now.

I hope I've made some sense but I think I know what I've been trying to say, I am just loving my hobby and the pleasure it's given me over the years no matter on what keyboard it's been on, the feeling has always been the same

Take Care
Danny.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online