SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#281620 - 02/18/10 03:44 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Well Danny, James nor I became personal. But if I say something negative about Yamaha then I am called desperate,insolent a kid,bitter, i have minor knowledge about keyboards,stubborn and unreasonable. All the things I said was against Yamaha not the person who played a Yamaha. I have played for more then 10 years on Yamaha keyboards so I know what I am talking about.

#281621 - 02/18/10 05:37 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Frans, how can you enjoy something if you don't even like it? And then suffer for 10 years?! In this case you've no one to blame but yourself, mate, as it has nothing to do with Yamaha at all.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#281622 - 02/18/10 05:47 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Frans, how can you enjoy something if you don't even like it? And then suffer for 10 years?! In this case you've no one to blame but yourself, mate, as it has nothing to do with Yamaha at all.

Regards

Taike

No you don't understand. I know what I talking about because I have played a long time on Yamaha keyboards. Ofcourse I liked them. But now many years later they still sound the same in my ears. So I change to Korg with no regret.

#281623 - 02/18/10 06:20 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
No you don't understand. I know what I talking about because I have played a long time on Yamaha keyboards. Ofcourse I liked them. But now many years later they still sound the same in my ears. So I change to Korg with no regret.

Sorry, I misunderstood. But why let it bother you since you play and enjoy a Korg keyboard.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#281624 - 02/18/10 06:25 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Sorry, I misunderstood. But why let it bother you since you play and enjoy a Korg keyboard.

Regards

Taike

You are right it shouldn't bother me
What keyboard do you have Taike?

#281625 - 02/18/10 08:29 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Taike Offline

[/b][/QUOTE]
You are right it shouldn't bother me
What keyboard do you have Taike?[/B][/QUOTE]

Acer Aspire 5735Z

No keyboard since I moved back to Taiwan from Laos. I play a Yamaha Stagea in a local music shop, though. The Korg PA2xPro tickles my fancy. One major part is its organ voices. And later on add a midi board and pedals. The organ remains my favorite instrument after all. Basically I like about anything I can lay my hands on. Beggars can't be choosers.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#281626 - 02/18/10 08:44 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Hi guys,

Sorry to butt in, but I really felt compelled to ask why things become so personal between you guys?

We've always known that the sound of each keyboard is always subjective and that means it's of one's personal choice, it doesn't necessarily mean that one is better than the other, not anymore anyway.

None of the keyboards that have been mentioned here sound bad in any way shape or form, they just offer a different sound, more like an alternative and I think that having choices is a very healthy thing.

Having owned many keyboards over the years and gained a lot of experience with each one of them, I've always been proud and delighted to have owned every single one of them, it was a pleasure to explore each one and finding myself on an amazing musical journey which has taken me to the T3.

After now owning the T3 for nearly a month, I am finding it hard to understand how on earth they can improve the sounds and styles, surely it can only be negligent or cosmetic, or so it seems like it. As much as I've been impressed with the T3, it isn't THAT vastly superior to my PA1X and that's because the Korg was already great, and that's a 6 year old board. When I first put on the T3, I didn't get the WOW factor I got when I first opened say my GEM WX2 or PSR8000 as they were significantly better than their predecessors, that trend I think has ended because there is really only so much you can do to improve a sax or piano sound before it reaches a limit where it just can't get any better - just different and I think that's where we are now.

I hope I've made some sense but I think I know what I've been trying to say, I am just loving my hobby and the pleasure it's given me over the years no matter on what keyboard it's been on, the feeling has always been the same

Take Care
Danny.

Hi Danny,
I agree with everything you have stated above.

I am pretty sure I can speak for people like Ian, Dikki and Taike by saying we dont give a crap if people do or do not like Yamaha or any other keyboard in particular. Thats nature and people have choice nothing wrong with this at all.

What really agitates people and turns things into a personal war is when you type a post trying to be as respective and delicate as possible to ALL people who read the forum, and you get absolute simplistic responses that just rubbish everything youve said above. And the accusations in those responses are completely false.

I fell victim to it, so did Ian and Dikki in this thread and what it results to is people just opting to stay out and not bother responding because the bullies are controlling the conversation and no one can input their opinions respectfully.

I am sick and tired of people like Frans who act like the way they do towards others and then use the fallback line I am only bagging out the keyboard not the keyboard player. Well news for these people you have an extreme lack of social skills. DONT get shocked when people get angry at you!!

-Nick

#281627 - 02/19/10 02:52 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Just a thought here, I started with Yamaha PSR3000, then Tyros2, G70, PA800, PA2xPro, S900 and now the s910.

I've finally narrowed it down to the s910, still have the Pa2xPro. Like others who have commented in past threads I'm always looking for, if there is such a thing " a perfect" arranger. I haven't found it yet......................but for my current needs the Yamaha s910 is the board that's doing the job very well. 90% of my gigs are at senior facilities and the audiences have really loved what they hear from the s910. I still enjoy the Pa2xPro, but since my audiences seem to respond better when I play the s910, that's my board of choice for gigging. That's not to say the audience didn't love the Pa2xPro ( they did). My perception of their reactions are they enjoy the s910 more.

[

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-19-2010).]

#281628 - 02/19/10 08:20 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Hi Danny,
I agree with everything you have stated above.

I am pretty sure I can speak for people like Ian, Dikki and Taike by saying we dont give a crap if people do or do not like Yamaha or any other keyboard in particular. Thats nature and people have choice nothing wrong with this at all.

What really agitates people and turns things into a personal war is when you type a post trying to be as respective and delicate as possible to ALL people who read the forum, and you get absolute simplistic responses that just rubbish everything youve said above. And the accusations in those responses are completely false.

I fell victim to it, so did Ian and Dikki in this thread and what it results to is people just opting to stay out and not bother responding because the bullies are controlling the conversation and no one can input their opinions respectfully.

I am sick and tired of people like Frans who act like the way they do towards others and then use the fallback line I am only bagging out the keyboard not the keyboard player. Well news for these people you have an extreme lack of social skills. DONT get shocked when people get angry at you!!

-Nick

Again personal Nick. I don't care if people get angry with me. Now be good and go catch a Kangaroo.

#281629 - 02/19/10 10:45 AM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
My excuse for not understanding every English sentence.

If my German, or French, or Polish was so bad I couldn't understand the nuance of what I was reading, I MIGHT try to not get hostile at the first opportunity, and I MIGHT post often about my poor language skills, in case anyone else THOUGHT I was being hostile when I wasn't trying to.

But, sadly, I have no doubt your puerile (look it up) retorts can't be excused so conveniently, Frans. How old ARE you?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-19-2010).]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online