SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#281630 - 02/19/10 12:59 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Bachus Offline

With all this chit chat about the actuall quallity of Yamaha sounds...

Why do i like the Soundquallity of the Motif XS so much more then T3 and S910?

Somehow Motif XS sounds much more crispier to my ears.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#281631 - 02/19/10 01:44 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
however it is only the T3 I have issues with (I haven’t heard the S910 so can’t comment) as the rest of the range is fine, because they have a nice CD quality sound (Not my cup of tea, as I prefer a more live sound) which is great, the T3 on the other hand really is a dog, as apart from the SA voices it just sounds so compressed.

Bill

Thing is, Bill, so far I haven't really heard this criticism about the T3 from other sources. From what I've heard on the web, I sure haven't heard a DROP in quality between the T2 and T3. If anything, a slight increase in warmth is all I've heard. Have you really had an opportunity to A/B them through the same system at the same time, or are there web demos that you can point to where T2 is good and T3 is worse?

#281632 - 02/19/10 02:20 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
DannyUK Offline

I've never heard a T2 in real life, however, am I right in saying that the demo that's featured on the T3 whereby it performs a straight T3 vs T2 comparison, does that represent a true to life comparison because if it is then the T3 sounds fuller and richer in sound quality.

#281633 - 02/19/10 02:45 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
How hypocrite some of you are. I remember some of you insulted Mystic Jammer and chase him away and now you are insulting me and accusing me of being hostile. Did't you get banned a few times from this Forum Diki? Don't we all say negatives things about diverse brands. Here is what we say in the Netherlands. "verbeter de wereld begin bij jezelf"

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 02-19-2010).]

#281634 - 02/19/10 02:50 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Finally someone with good ears

#281635 - 02/19/10 03:18 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When I do make a direct comparison between boards, (I always prefer to compare with live sounds) I always make sure the sound system is the same and/or use my own headphones.
In addition I also have the T2 & T3 Demo DVDs and the difference stands out clearly. (The compressed sound does not apply to the SA2 voices, which are excellent)
If you read some of the posts of the T3 on YPKO you will also find this mentioned.

Bill

#281636 - 02/19/10 04:53 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Hi Bachus,

I own a Motif XS 6 and a PSR S910 and they sit right beside eachother.

The Motif uses AWM2 sound engine and the PSR is AWM1.

the difference in sound is clear as night and day between the two boards. the Motif is definitely a superior sounding board.

although the PSR S910 still uses AWM 1 which was in al the previous Yamaha arranger boards - The PSR S910 definitely sounds crispier than the previous models inclusing the Tyros 2. its just a better sound quality and thats not becuase of eq tweaks - the sounds and drums have just been upgraded to a better standard.

To me the S910 is much more fun to play becuase of the live arranger capabilities and the SA sounds work better than the way they do on the Motif XS.

but side by side the Motif has just got "quality" and "Pro" written all over it. Not saying the PSR is cheap n nasty, but you can just see and feel the difference.

-Nick

#281637 - 02/19/10 04:54 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
There's a very good technical reason for all that too, but in my opinion the thread was spoiled the second guys who didn't like what they were hearing started with the personal insults.

An opinion is one thing, but a measurable fact is another.

Regardless of what personal opinions people may have about the sound quality, the fact remains that the Engine driving it has been milked to death for the last 18 years.

Yes... 18 years, I just checked.

Don't you think it's time to move on ? Even if you like the sound, don't you think Yamaha can come up with a new engine that sounds WAYYYYY better. 18 freaking years man ?

My 2 cents.

James

#281638 - 02/19/10 05:45 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
FransN Offline

Thanks James. BTW the Yamaha AWM2 engine is even older see http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/chron.php In 1989 they came with the TG55 and I had one of these and this module already had the AWM2 sound engine. Something else the styles are compatible and sounding great on the PA500 Musikant.

Frans

#281639 - 02/19/10 07:00 PM Re: Two more Premium Style demos
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
There's a very good technical reason for all that too, but in my opinion the thread was spoiled the second guys who didn't like what they were hearing started with the personal insults.

An opinion is one thing, but a measurable fact is another.

Regardless of what personal opinions people may have about the sound quality, the fact remains that the Engine driving it has been milked to death for the last 18 years.

Yes... 18 years, I just checked.

Don't you think it's time to move on ? Even if you like the sound, don't you think Yamaha can come up with a new engine that sounds WAYYYYY better. 18 freaking years man ?

My 2 cents.

James

I want you to answer one thing for me....

regardless whether an "engine" is 18 or 50 years old. if the board has a good sound then who gives a crap about what 'engine' it has?

theres obviously something being done right...

Its funny how Yamaha have an engine thats 18+ years old and still in the top teir category for arranger keyboards. Says something doesnt it?

its not marketing fluff either - its the sounding proof that me and most other arranger players on this forum would agree with.

-Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 02-19-2010).]

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online