SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#281442 - 03/14/10 03:59 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

diki if you buy a dvd player you can always play and watch the orginal or copy.

you have the same issue with software like livestyler or your sequencer software. your sequencer software can also play or edit copyrighted products,

then you are not allowed to use a sequencer software or DVD player?

but they are not banned. why because they only use the file format.

the same as in this case. they only use the file format Ketron or yamaha.

for example:

do not say My G70 can not play midi songs.

how many free midi songs you got on your G70?

Why can a G70 convert midi songs to style?

copyright covers everything except the midi songs that roland used?

then roland broken copyright, by giving free midi songs or by given to you technique to to convert midi songs to style.

people may use these products. because they can always buy original Ketron or yamaha styles. Ketron or yamaha themselves or third party created styles for ketron or yamaha.

The link you give says about style. but no about one software that can read and play in short, that style FORMAT. becouse if you pay the style you are free to play as long you not changed the format or sell to others.

If I misunderstand you or some one else please explain, or help me out of this!

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-14-2010).]

#281443 - 03/14/10 04:33 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Help yourself out, AFG... It is quite obvious you haven't done the SLIGHTEST bit of research on the topic. From the G70 owner's manual:

Quote:

Liability and copyright
• Unauthorized recording, distribution, sale, lending, public performance, broadcasting or the like in whole or in part, of a work (musical composition, video, broadcast, public performance or the
like) whose copyright is held by a third party is prohibited by law.
• Do not use this unit for purposes that could infringe on a copyright held by a third party. Roland assumes no responsibility whatsoever with regard to any infringements of third-party copyrights arising through your use of this unit.

And that is from a simple reading of an online available manual.

You can't expect people to spoonfeed you information, if you are too lazy to find it for yourself, AND argue with them about it as well. Go and find some FACTS (not your own self-serving opinion) that refute what I have posted about the issue, and then we'll talk some more.

Ignorance of the law can be a dangerous and expensive thing. Just because piracy is widespread does NOT make it legal...

#281444 - 03/14/10 04:52 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

but on roland Va-76 orginal zip you have about 500 midi songs if i remember! what about that? what i read as you write here is again it can play the format. you're as user responsible for how you use that product.buy original styles or midi for example, but also copy. for copy roland says we are not responsible.

the same is with livestyler or varranger you get a software without styles. you can buy always orginal styles. livestyler and varranger are just a player. and diki do not get me wrong, I have nothing against you or others here trust me. I respect copyright thats why i create my own styles.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-14-2010).]

#281445 - 03/14/10 06:00 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Stick this in your pipe and smoke it... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012260.html

Now grow up, kids. You can't have all the candy on the shelves just because the store owner put it on display.

You buy the arranger, you have BOUGHT the right to use the styles. You don't buy the arranger (or the styles from their own store) you DON'T have the right to use the styles.

That proves nothing Diki.
I call those “Computer says no” responses.

Don't you think if such information did exist it would be considered extremely important and easily accessible ?

Quote:
How many times we got to go round and around on this already settled topic?

Well there's no point of flogging the subject much longer. You can't prove nothing because not one single company has the copyright information on their website, and I'm not going to change my stance that the data is royalty free until someone can show me a legal document that says otherwise.

I can throw down 5 bucks on a CD and find the copyright written on it more than once, but throw down 4 Grand on an arranger and nobody agree on anything because the copyright is not even available.

#281446 - 03/14/10 06:08 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Liability and copyright
• Unauthorized recording, distribution, sale, lending, public performance, broadcasting or the like in whole or in part, of a work (musical composition, video, broadcast, public performance or the
like) whose copyright is held by a third party is prohibited by law.
• Do not use this unit for purposes that could infringe on a copyright held by a third party. Roland assumes no responsibility whatsoever with regard to any infringements of third-party copyrights arising through your use of this unit.

lol.... That's utter nonsense Diki.
Where on earth did you pull that crap from. Did you even read it before you posted it ?

If that's in a manual for your G70 then you better cancel all your bookings mate. According to the copright your not even allowed to gig in public with the keyboard.

#281447 - 03/14/10 06:17 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

james Perhaps he should hand clapping but instead of singing and playing at a gig, lol

Oh, I forget my bad english, maybe i read wrong, lol

#281448 - 03/14/10 07:18 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
This software starts to looks like vArranger

Isn't it??
http://www.varranger.fr/

By the way, audya styles without the audya sounds will not sound good... Ketron will not sells less Audyas because of the software arrangers.

They can continue working on what they are doing very good ! Styles and sounds !!

Bravo Ketron !

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#281449 - 03/14/10 08:53 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

Jeez, you guys even HEARD of the word copyright before now?

For a START off, your live venue you perform at FOR HIRE has a blanket license (usually) that allows you to perform copyrighted works. They pay a fee, per year, to the licensing societies. If they don't, then THEY are in violation. As are you, for performing it.

Secondly, my quote was from the Roland G70 manual. And, in all likelihood, you read other manuals, you will find something similar.

Thirdly, if you had BOTHERED to open up any of the Roland songs and styles from their Zips, you would see a copyright notice in them. Mind you, there's a LOT of copies of this stuff floating around, some of it with the copyright stripped out. This does NOT make THEM legal, though.

Lastly, it is not the job of all these companies to place indelible copyright information on these works, although many of them try, but the copyright bits can easily be stripped out (once again, just because a third party did this, it does NOT make them legal), it is the job of YOU, the consumer, to try and find out if a work is copyrighted if you did not buy it from the original seller. If you look at originals from Tune1000, Roland, Yamaha, and many, many other reputable makers of styles and SMF's of songs, you WILL find copyright information. They pay the licensing organizations for permission to make MIDI files from the pieces, and pass that information on to you.

James, that link to Steve Demming's post is NOT a 'computer says no' response, that's the word of the Product Representative of Yamaha US, after being told so from Yamaha's legal dept.. Ignore it at your own peril.

Just because a COPY of Ludcris' new album was made without the copyright information printed on it does NOT make it legal. Either to sell, or use. And this is what you are claiming for copyrighted SMF's and styles. Just because it is commonly done does NOT make it legal.

But if you think it DOES, James, would you mind me contacting someone that you have sold your sample libraries to, and getting them to send me copies (with any copyright information erased) of all your library, because I simply don't feel like paying you a penny..? That's OK, isn't it? And AFG, better get set for a fight with James. He thinks he can copy your styles for free, if you decide to sell them. Apparently, sticking a copyright notice somewhere won't count as long as it is erased (or even there, as long as he chooses not to find it)...

I swear to God, the willful ignorance and deliberate lack of understanding on this topic shocks me. Doesn't ONE of you have any aspirations to make something in the music business? Because, if your puerile opinions about copyright is actually true, not one of you will ever make a penny. EVER...

Someone can copy it, sell it, give it away, distribute it world-wide, and there apparently isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

If this ignorance about the law wasn't so tragic, it would be funny...

Educate yourselves. Don't go around ASSUMING you know anything about it. You don't... If you decide that you don't want to take my word on the subject, go ask a lawyer in the field of entertainment and copyright law. Stop making things up just because it's the way you WANT them to be

#281450 - 03/14/10 11:06 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Bachus Offline

BAck to the copy right thing..

Its all locall law, overhere in Holland you are allowed to make copies of anything for personal use.. So if i own a CD from Michael Jackson, i can copy the songs to my MP3 player, or make a copy of the CD in my burner to use in my Cars CD player..

Next to that i am allowed to mod everything for my personal use, like modding MP3's XBOX360's Playstations and such. SO its allowed to make a program that moddifies styles.

But if you can use a song on stage without paying royalties is a totally different question, if you use your song to play "achy breaky Heart" you're going to pay royalties for that. If you use the changed style to play an own number it all depends on how much different your number has become from the orriginal.

Whenever i use a style on stage to play Michael Jacksons Ben, i need to play royalties to the owners of the Michael Jackson label. If i use the same style to play my own song i don't need to pay any royalties. I never pay royalties to Yamaha for playing Yamaha styles.

So its no problem for me to use modified styles on stage..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#281451 - 03/14/10 11:47 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

You paid for Yamaha's styles when you paid for your Yamaha arranger. Buying the arranger gave you (and only you) the right to use their styles in any way you choose to (in other words, you can't sell them to others, give them away to others, etc.). You can use them for your own original works, you can use them to perform copyrighted tunes at home for your own personal enjoyment, and if a paid venue has its' license in order, you can perform copyrighted material from other artists live, on a gig.

Although you have the right to copy CD's and DVD's for your own personal use, you have no right to distribute, sell or make other works from the contents of those media. Pretty standard stuff, and all fairly well known to all but those who deliberately choose to NOT find out about it.

I am glad someone has a handle on the issue, here...

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online