SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#281382 - 02/14/10 12:38 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol... If I could just tie Diki to a chair for 1 hour in front of one I know he'd be converted to open keyboards.

Kinky, James....

You already know how to change my mind. Only one way to do it. PLAY ME SOMETHING GOOD...

That's the problem with MS. Honestly, what happened? Did REALLY bad musicians ONLY buy them? Did really ONLY untechnical players buy them? Or did a few really talented arranger players buy them, and immediately went 'I can do this better on what I have, faster and cheaper'?.

BTW, I am NOT against open keyboards. Hell, I've been using VSTi's since they were invented. I'm against arrangers that make you do EVERYTHING yourself. As is 99.999% of the rest of the arranger community. I wouldn't mind an open KEYBOARD, but right now I'm able to do what I want in the studio with computers, don't need it live, don't need an expensive keyboard to duplicate what I already have...

BTW, is Ketron aware that the MS is about to pirate their copyrighted material (the audio loops)? Or does he, unlike when he announced that he was going to clone each and every sound of a T2 so you could play T2 styles on the MS (remember that one?), actually have an agreement with Ketron this time? He might want to be careful, because those guys are in the same country as he is. Steal their stuff, you might start checking under the hood before you start the car in the morning.

We've seen how rough you guys play, over there!

#281383 - 02/14/10 12:51 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Kinky, James....

You already know how to change my mind. Only one way to do it. PLAY ME SOMETHING GOOD...

BTW, is Ketron aware that the MS is about to pirate their copyrighted material (the He might want to be careful, because those guys are in the same country as he is. Steal their stuff, you might start checking under the hood before you start the car in the morning.

We've seen how rough you guys play, over there!

Diki,

Someone comes to the front door with a violin case and it ain't full of money!

Diki is anything copyright these days or is it all fair game, that notation software was free and it looks OK even TONEWHEELDUDE says he likes free software.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-14-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#281384 - 02/14/10 12:52 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Sounds to me like he means the progarm is almost ready for release.

Regards
James

James I thought he was having a dig at some else with the updates, some one near to!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#281385 - 02/14/10 01:07 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James I thought he was having a dig at some else with the updates, some one near to!

lol.... Yes I picked up on that too but I was trying to do you a favour by not mentioning KETRON and their complete lack of all ability to get OS4.0 out.

Cheers
James

#281386 - 02/14/10 01:18 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
lol.... Yes I picked up on that too but I was trying to do you a favour by not mentioning KETRON and their complete lack of all ability to get OS4.0 out.

Cheers
James

James,

I love your diplomatic approach, glad you said K****n and not me! Where can you get MS from?

#281387 - 02/14/10 01:30 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tonewheeldude Offline

The issue of copyright is a big concern today, styles are the thin edge of the wedge but are still affected.

Quote:
even TONEWHEELDUDE says he likes free software.

There is a HUGE difference between software obtained without paying (free) and Open Source.

I would never have any software or music on my computer that is not legal for me to own. I have 40GB of music on my laptop, every song is legal. Some of you guys write your own styles, you know how much work goes into it. Plus Audya uses live musicians, so its not just the style writer that are involved.

I'm sure if the Mediastation makers include Tyros or Audya styles they will have an agreement with the relative companies.

TWD

#281388 - 02/14/10 01:34 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Diki,

Someone comes to the front door with a violin case and it ain't full of money!

Diki is anything copyright these days or is it all fair game, that notation software was free and it looks OK even TONEWHEELDUDE says he likes free software.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-14-2010).]

Correct Tony
Diki is just frustrated and can not find another arguments...

Just to point:
Live-Arranger is NOT my own application, is developed from Norbert ( live-styler.de), we make here ONLY the integration on our system.
When the Live-Arranger will be available, you can BUY the full license and application from Norbert, NOT from lionstracs.
When someone will send me the Karma application, we will make the same, like the all others application.

IF Ketron is scared, they have just to contact Norbert and start fight legally.

In this last 5 years that our sound designer have cloned with the Extreme sample converter, ton of Yamaha, Roland, Korg.... sounds and aslo styles.
NO one of this brand till today sent me ONE email, Fax or any call...it mean that anybody there are totally FREE to clone what they want, including Ketron sounds...
More you pressing on this argument and more I have fun to pay new developers to clone the all is possible.
Are years that I'm waiting for a nice call from this big brands....someone there is interested to buy my whole project and stopping all??
Just call...I'm always here waiting

#281389 - 02/14/10 01:40 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tonewheeldude Offline

It doesn't seem a very professional approach to run a business. Surely it would be better to talk to Yamaha/ Ketron before copying them in case you are faced with possible legal issues?

If you ended up with huge legal costs where would that leave your customers?

Don't get me wrong, I think what you have done with the mediastation is amazing, and if it encourages people to buy styles from the original source its fine, but not if your ripping them off and copying them.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-14-2010).]

#281390 - 02/14/10 01:46 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
James,

I love your diplomatic approach, glad you said K****n and not me! Where can you get MS from?

At this point..I'm tinking when I can give one MS S-Stock for FREE to James.
James..do you like have this B-stock MS EMPTY or also with the full 30Gb gigalibrary sounds and data?
less Gb installed..less Kg freight/shipment to pay...

#281391 - 02/14/10 01:49 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Bachus Offline

But then can anyone tell me the legal difference betweem sampling a Steinway piano and sampling a Korg Synth sounth?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online