SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#281144 - 02/10/10 06:00 PM Re: new Guitar styles??
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
By Scott

As long as Yamaha continues to have the reg mem buttons way over to the right on the Tyros 3, they have lost me and I'm certain many other Tyros customers.

Scott, The reg men buttons start where the window ends, they are not way over. It took me 2 weeks to get used to. Now if you put them back top the center I would be lost.

John C.

#281145 - 02/10/10 08:35 PM Re: new Guitar styles??
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
You can get that Freddie Green comping sound with several styles in Band In A Box. And these are Real Tracks.

#281146 - 02/11/10 02:36 AM Re: new Guitar styles??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There's one feature in the Roland Guitar Mode that I think is VERY good, and could be copied by many others, to help get better guitar voicings....

The higher up in the Chord Recognition area you play in, the higher the inversion of the guitar chord played. It's freakin' scary, sometimes how this one little thing makes all the difference.

Trouble, of course, with the darn Roland Guitar Mode is that they haven't linked it to the Style section yet, you actually have to PLAY the trigger notes as well as just the chord, which makes it useless in a style. Bloody Roland... so many good ideas, so little clue about what they are

They've DROPPED more good, practical, MUSICAL features in the last ten years than they have added. I guess they listen to customer feedback too much, instead of MUSICIANS...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online