SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#280657 - 02/03/10 10:44 AM Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=1974

Typical compressed Tyros 3 sounds, so not really my cup of tea, however I am sure Tyros 3 owners will love them

Bill

#280658 - 02/03/10 01:20 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill, don't open another can of worms..

but..I agree with you...actually I found the Tyros3 thin sounding..even the special tones left me flat...save maybe the guitar(concert)...It had a short stay with me..

I think most folks get use to what they play or use and become a bit closed minded when someone tries to explain another view...as shown last week with the Bose Compact post...

#280659 - 02/03/10 03:01 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Lovely styles, Bill, and very useful.

Tyros3 sounds terrific as usual.

Thanks for sharing,

Ian

#280660 - 02/03/10 03:20 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Fran .... let sleeping dogs.... etc... If it don't have Roland on it well .... "ya know!

#280661 - 02/03/10 03:29 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
ianmcnll Offline

Just downloaded them...they souund great on the PSR-S910 as well as the Tyros3.

Ian

#280662 - 02/03/10 03:34 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks, can someone point me to the Wersi download page for styles from this decade!

#280663 - 02/03/10 03:38 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Funny thing is. These are styles from older models. Yamaha tweaked them a little named them premium styles and let you pay for them. What a GREAT service.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 02-03-2010).]

#280664 - 02/03/10 03:41 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Funny thing is. These are styles from older models. Yamaha tweaked them a little named them premium styles and let you pay for them. What a GREAT service.

OMG, Korg never ever did that! wink,wink

#280665 - 02/03/10 03:43 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Thanks, can someone point me to the Wersi download page for styles from this decade!

You don't get any special requests for older music, Smedly?

I have lots of modern styles on the PSR...these oldies are great.

I don't think they will work in Wersi, unless they've updated their sounds to ones from the last decade.

Ian

Be careful...don't get in over your head.

#280666 - 02/03/10 03:46 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

No you can get them for free. 600 styles alone on the German site worth about 4000 Euro free to download. Some more to nag mc

#280667 - 02/03/10 03:48 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

I really have to spend sometime with S910. I want to compare it to my s900, no local stores carry it. I guess I'm driving up to Frankie one of these weekend. I'll bring coffee Frank!

#280668 - 02/03/10 03:57 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

Quote:
No you can get them for free. 600 styles alone on the German site worth about 4000 Euro free to download. Some more to nag mc

No thanks, I need recycled styles from Korg I can pull out the old PA80 and play that, not much difference from PA800.

Thanks for the info though!

#280669 - 02/03/10 04:00 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
No thanks, I need recycled styles from Korg I can pull out the old PA80 and play that, not much difference from PA800.

Thanks for the info though!

You really don't know much about Korg Do You. All the styles on the german site are not recycled. They give you every month 4 new styles and they are doing this since 2006. Do your home work before saying ridiculous things.

#280670 - 02/03/10 04:03 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

I believe Korg had a lot of extra styles they gave away for nothing.

I have all the PA -800/PA2XPro styles that a buddy converted to Yamaha format for me.

They aren't too bad at all...I'm also using them for donor parts for my Frankenstyles.

The G70 styles didn't convert as well, but again, the parts were interesting enough to be useful.

I must have at least several hundred styles, but I probably use about 40 for gigging and recording...a good style works for lots of tunes.

Ian

#280671 - 02/03/10 04:07 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I believe Korg had a lot of extra styles they gave away for nothing.

I have all the PA -800/PA2XPro styles that a buddy converted to Yamaha format for me.

They aren't too bad at all...I'm also using them for donor parts for my Frankenstyles.

The G70 styles didn't convert as well, but again, the parts were interesting enough to be useful.

I must have at least several hundred styles, but I probably use about 40 for gigging and recording...a good style works for lots of tunes.

Ian

Ian if you need styles to convert I can send you the Korg styles of the German site if you want.

#280672 - 02/03/10 04:13 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

Quote:
You really don't know much about Korg Do You. All the styles on the german site are not recycled. They give you every month 4 new styles and they are doing this since 2006. Do your home work before saying ridiculous things.

I know enough, i3, ix300, i30, is40 and last but not least the famous pa80....... I drew the line at the pa80!

#280673 - 02/03/10 04:22 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Just downloaded them...they souund great on the PSR-S910 as well as the Tyros3.

Ian

Thanks for that ... I was just sitting here reading and wondering how anyone can tell what these or any other demos sound like if you are hearing them on your PC ... ?!? ...
And I don't play a Yammie, Roland, Ketron OR Korg ... ...

t.

#280674 - 02/03/10 05:04 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
Fran .... let sleeping dogs.... etc... If it don't have Roland on it well .... "ya know!

I see what you mean!!!...

#280675 - 02/03/10 05:43 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian if you need styles to convert I can send you the Korg styles of the German site if you want.

Thanks very much, Frans...I'm doing okay with the pile I do have.

I appreciate the offer nonetheless.

Maybe Fran would need them?

Ian

#280676 - 02/03/10 06:02 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

I am a Korg pa2x owner!! If anyone would want to share the Korg German Site styles I would be very appreciative !! I understand unless you purchased your Korg from them you cannot have access to the styles. I wish Korg USA would do the same???

#280677 - 02/03/10 06:10 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
mc Offline

Quote:
I am a Korg pa2x owner!! If anyone would want to share the Korg German Site styles I would be very appreciative !! I understand unless you purchased your Korg from them you cannot have access to the styles. I wish Korg USA would do the same???

So if that is in fact the case, I guess there not so free after all. That makes them no better than yamaha.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-03-2010).]

#280678 - 02/03/10 06:28 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Quote:

Hi,

Every Korg owner can signup. You don't have to buy your PA in Germany. Just fill in the online form this way:

Produkt: Your Korg
SerienNr: your serial number
Kaufdatum: The date you bought your Korg
Gekauft bei: click on the link and fill in the shop where you bought your Korg

Passwort: Password

Anrede: male,female

Vorname, Nachname* Your name

Firma / Band: don't have to fill in

Strasse* Your street name

PLZ, Stadt* City

Land: Leave on Germany

E-Mail* Your email

Telefon: don't need to fill in

Geburtsdatum: when you was born

The link to signup is:\ http://www.korg.de/kontakt/software-center-registrierung.html

Within a week or so you will receive a email and you have access to their download site.

#280679 - 02/03/10 06:59 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

Thanks FransN I did not realize that!! I am sure I read on the Korg Pa site you had to buy your Korg in Germany?? I will give it a try. Thanks again!!

#280680 - 02/03/10 07:02 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

Quote:
Thanks FransN I did not realize that!! I am sure I read on the Korg Pa site you had to buy your Korg in Germany?? I will give it a try. Thanks again!!

I live in the Netherlands and didn't buy my Korg in Germany so I think you will get access. If not let me know and I will send you the styles.

#280681 - 02/03/10 07:09 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I guest MC is REALLY still in the PA80 days.
I have ALL the styles from the the Korg site in Germany and never have to purchase nothing from there.
No afraid that Korg is going to take me to court for posting their styles either, like Yamaha do.
Those styles are available in others Korg forums too.

#280682 - 02/04/10 06:53 AM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

Thank you FransN!! I just registered ... Lets see what happens!

#280683 - 02/04/10 05:49 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

FransN here is the reply I received. Probably because I purchased my PA2xpro from Korg USA.

Good day John Christie.

You have registered for the members area of the Korg Pa Software Center.

When reviewing your data, however, we noticed that you have a have given us false or unknown serial number. This device does not come from us. (KORG & MORE - A Division of Musik Meyer GmbH - Industrietraße 20 - 35041 Marburg, Austrian and German KORG Sales)

Since we offer this free service only for instruments supplied by us, we could not activate your account.

Please understand that.

Sincerely,

KORG your team.

KORG Hotline
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------
KORG & MORE Division of Musik Meyer GmbH
represented by Managing Director Matthias Meyer, Hans-Guenter Hewecker, Erwin Hoing, Dietmar Kittel, Reinhard Estor
Industriestrasse 20
35041 Marburg

E-mail: info@korgmore.de

Handelsregister: HRB 1343 Marburg
VAT number: DE811448463 =

Contribute a better translation
Thank you for contributing your translation suggestion to Google Translate.
Contribute a better translation:
Good day John Christie.You have registered for the members area of the Korg Pa Software Center.When reviewing your data, however, we noticed that you have a have given us false or unknown serial number. This device does not come from us. (KORG & MORE - A Division of Musik Meyer GmbH - Industrietraße 20 - 35041 Marburg, Austrian and German KORG Sales)Since we offer this free service only for instruments supplied by us, we could not activate your account.Please understand that.Sincerely,KORG your team.KORG Hotline-------------------------------------------------- ---------------KORG & MORE Division of Musik Meyer GmbHrepresented by Managing Director Matthias Meyer, Hans-Guenter Hewecker, Erwin Hoing, Dietmar Kittel, Reinhard EstorIndustriestrasse 2035041 MarburgE-mail: info@korgmore.deHandelsregister: HRB 1343 MarburgVAT number: DE811448463 =

Languages available for translation:

Afrikaans
Albanian
Arabic
Belarusian
Bulgarian
Catalan
Chinese
Croatian
Czech Danish
Dutch
English
Estonian
Filipino
Finnish
French
Galician
German Greek
Haitian Creole
Hebrew
Hindi
Hungarian
Icelandic
Indonesian
Irish
Italian Japanese
Korean
Latvian
Lithuanian
Macedonian
Malay
Maltese
Norwegian
Persian Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish
Swahili Swedish
Thai
Turkish
Ukrainian
Vietnamese
Welsh
Yiddish

©2009 Google - Turn off instant translation - Privacy Policy - Help

#280684 - 02/04/10 06:29 PM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
FransN Offline

That's strange. I also didn't buy my keyboard in Germany or Austria. Well you can do 2 things. Or you join http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/ they ask a small donation but will have all the german styles and much more or if you want I send you the styles in a zip file.

#280685 - 02/05/10 09:40 AM Re: Yamaha Release Three New Premium Style Demonstration Videos – EasyCountrySwing, CoolB
JCkeeys Offline

Thanks again FransN.
I am a member there, have not checked in lately. Did not realize they were available there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online