SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#280655 - 02/03/10 02:27 AM Tyros-3 compressor question
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Hi Friends,

I would like to know the advantage of having compressor in Tyros3? The other PSR keyboards such as psr300/s900/s910 do not have compressor,so is there any difference in dynamic range between these instruments?for what purpose the master compressor is used?

Please help.

Thanks,
Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 02-03-2010).]

#280656 - 02/03/10 04:44 AM Re: Tyros-3 compressor question
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I use a lot of midifiles on my PSR3000. Whether I'm writing my own or using commercial files I always end up compressing the dynamic range, because in a noisy environment the quiet stuff simply disappears.

If I was using these tracks as backing in a studio, I'd have to remix them again to expand the dynamic range because you can use the highs and lows to much greater effect.

So, assuming the compressor is controlling the dynamic range of the Tyros output, I would use this to make quiet stuff louder rather than having to remix the midi files, the good news being that if using the Tyros in a studio I could reduce the compression and get the dynamic range back. And I could create/edit the midi files with "Full" dynamic range and not have to mess about any more.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online