#280561 - 02/02/10 08:16 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Then i still stand correct...ehehehehehehe... Linux=Leopard Snow... (-:

#280562 - 02/03/10 01:27 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi James and AFG
Download and load Linux onto a computer, and load Jack onto both it and Windows, and you will find that both operate identical.
Jack was the only thing that gave MS the edge over Neko, (For instance) however now it is available for Windows that edge has disappeared.
Also don’t forget console and energy XT allow you to run host’s within host’s anyway

Bill

#280563 - 02/03/10 05:55 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Download and load Linux onto a computer, and load Jack onto both it and Windows, and you will find that both operate identical.

You can only run one ASIO host on Windows, so how is the function the same when under Linux you can communicate with other ASIO hosts ?

Quote:
Also don’t forget console and energy XT allow you to run host’s within host’s anyway

This program ? http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0101#main=1

Can you point out where in it's feature list it offers such a function. I've never heard of this program before I don't see anything that suggests it can run more than one ASIO host.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 02-03-2010).]

#280564 - 02/03/10 06:40 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
abacus Offline

Hi James
You can use 1 ASIO host for each soundcard, (Or 2 if you add ASIO4all) thus with one soundcard you can run 2 standalone VSTi.
By adding the Jack program you can use multiple standalone applications simultaneously with just the one ASIO host. (Hence AFG’s exciting moment is easily achievable with Windows)
The ASIO specification only allows for one host, however by using Jack, you get the same performance as if it allowed multiple ASIO.
If you look on the MS Jack screen you will find only one Mediastation output, the others are for connecting directly to other VSTi. (It may look like dedicated multiple ASIO hosts/driver’s (Particularly the way they are named) however there is in fact only one)
Note: The layout looks exactly the same in Windows.

Energy XT and Console are VST Hosts which can be used standalone, or can be used as a plug-in, thus expanding the capabilities of the standard VST Host.
Example using OAS: If I load Kontakt into slot 1, all I can use is Kontakt, (I have to use another slot if I want to use another VSTi)
If I load Energy XT or Console into slot 1, I can then load multiple VSTi into energy XT or Console, (As they are hosts) and access them all using just slot 1. (Leaving the other slots free for other VSTi or other instances of Energy XT/Console)
Hope this makes things clearer

Bill

#280565 - 02/03/10 06:45 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill, I don't think Windows will run multiple Asio Hosts with this program..

#280566 - 02/03/10 07:45 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Is not more simple to download the Jack windows version and test if will working at the same Linux way?
Just run Jack and look who will take the ASIO audio-midi port.
then run the B4II.exe and more other standalone.exe application and try to connect, simple.
VSTi have Nothing to do, they need one ASIO host or they can not opened.
If you get the same configuration as my Jack shoot here, try to test IF each ASIO.exe Do you have there some basic windows skill or not??

#280567 - 02/03/10 08:41 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi abacus.

Quote:
You can use 1 ASIO host for each soundcard, (Or 2 if you add ASIO4all) thus with one soundcard you can run 2 standalone VSTi.

That's a far cry from what you were saying in your last post where there was no difference between the Windows and Linux functions when it comes to the ability of Jack.

There's a huge difference. The One ASIO HOST per sound card does not apply to Linux, that's a limitation of Windows.

ASIO4all is by no means a solution either. It's nothing other than an emulation of ASIO that drives up CPU usage in a big way depending on what VSTi you use. You can also only run one instance of it too.

Quote:
By adding the Jack program you can use multiple standalone applications simultaneously with just the one ASIO host.

I think your getting confused here as to what the function of JACK is. JACK is not a multi host application. Neither is Energy XT from what I see. There is nothing on their website to suggest that they have overcome the problems assiated with Windows in this regard.

Lionstracs edge is not just Linux version of JACK over a Windows version, it's the Linux OS itself that gives you the ability to do so much more in JACK under Linux VS Windows.

Regards
James

#280568 - 02/03/10 11:13 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
abacus Offline

Hi All
Load jack into Windows that has been setup for music and then load 8 Standalone VSTi, at the same time load the same 8 VSTi into Linux using the jack, and you will find the difference in performance and operation between the 2 is minimal. (Assuming the same CPU, Ram etc.)
Regards

Bill

#280569 - 02/03/10 11:50 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Sorry for my trolling,

but since we can attach 8 different keyboards, can we at least attach one (1) camera with rca cables?

#280570 - 02/03/10 11:56 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi All
Load jack into Windows that has been setup for music and then load 8 Standalone VSTi, at the same time load the same 8 VSTi into Linux using the jack, and you will find the difference in performance and operation between the 2 is minimal. (Assuming the same CPU, Ram etc.)
Regards

Bill

what you said about windows or mac about jack is different from MS linux OS. here we have qjack, it is a jack gui,but only for linux, i have kubuntu 9.10 karmik on my PC installed with wubi http://wubi-installer.org/ you can install with wubi linux ubuntu or kubuntu on you windows system, so you have both world linux and windows. you can install qjack from here on kubuntu http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/ but on MS/groove you have a special version of qjack i think with a other toool named VST host. you can mybe do this what i see on MS on a linux OS with low latency kernel but without controlers what i see here on MS/groove. it is very easy to do this on MS then on a Linux PC or windows or MAC. i worked mostly on windows pc or linux, but for music creation for me it wil be linux, becouse of low latency kernel. and on MS/groove you get a embeded linux os for lionstracs, so every thing is pre installed, this is special for people who can not easy use a PC or can not install linux OS, becouse with linux OS whean you install a software like qtractor you most be able to download some pckages from diffferent sites and places, you most install right kernel and .................

on MS / groove you one CD OS you installed and you are fenish with eveything you need for music. i tried 64studio linux OS for music to but it is noot easy like MS/groove OS

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 02-03-2010).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online