SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#279959 - 01/27/10 08:30 AM Re: Shreveport Reports
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

Sorry I couldn't stay longer and meet up with you and Jen again, but the schedule was a bit hectic at best. Maybe next time.

Diki,

With any kind of luck I'll find that Morgan 33 Out Island sailboat I've been searching for and the next time I head south it will definitely be warmer. Thanks again for the hospitality.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#279960 - 01/27/10 08:38 AM Re: Shreveport Reports
JR in TX Offline

Loc: Avinger, TX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
[B]I was carrying a keyboard out and I tripped on the door threshold strip and sailed off a 1 foot high step, right into a pickup truck. With my head.

Bill,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Take good care so you can get back to the new keyboard.
Jay R

#279962 - 01/27/10 12:13 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bill ... sorry to hear about your fall ...
I was going to say it, but Brian beat me to it - it doesn't sound like you had yourself checked by a Dr., but I STRONGLY urge you to do so ASAP ... you can't fool with these things ...
t.

#279963 - 01/27/10 01:40 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I did go see Bill today, and he was feeling better this morning, but after he got up and moved around some, he didn't feel so well after all.
I also went to see Hank and again he wanted to tell you how much he appreciates all your support.
Back to the Jam and Audya:
Gary, Bill, Hammer, Dickie, Jay and Mario all took a turn playing it and I think they all were pleased with the way it sounded, played and was laid out.
I can only imagine what 4.0 will do to make it better, and I'm looking forward to it, but as it is, it's a wonderful arranger.
I have received photos from several of the guys and have a few recording. I will post them when I have time to come up for air.
DonM

#279964 - 01/27/10 01:57 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Don, don't be in too big a hurry to get things done. Don't forget you own health scare in the not so distant past. Everyone admires your devotion to your friends, but you can't help them if you don't take care of yourself first. Heart damage doesn't cure itself overnight.

Sorry to hear about Bill's accident. Seems as though professional sports, particularly football, is starting to view concussions in a whole new light. That's a good thing, as it will make more people aware of the dangers involved with even minor (if there is such a thing) concussions.

chas

#279965 - 01/27/10 02:02 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
DonM Offline

Thanks Chas, I have begun on my "new" old diet and am starting to get the pounds off, and will begin physical rehab next week.
The timing of the Jam wasn't the best for me this time, but "the show must go on"!
Anyway, I am so lucky to be able to relax while I'm at WORK! Sit in my comfortable chair, play and sing, even check the internet, and still get PAID for it. Imagine.
DonM

#279966 - 01/27/10 02:35 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I went to the local clinic today and they suspect concussion and whiplash, which is no surprise. I have scheduled a CT scan tomorrow. Now, back to regularly scheduled thread...

I had my Podium 1002's set up with my Yamaha s900. People said it sounded good but I couldn't tell, didn't sound anything special to me. But then again, I was playing and they were out front to where they could hear the speakers good.

OTOH, I thought the Bose compacts there sounded great. It will be interesting to see if Fran's mixer idea pans out for other people. (The one with the room control acoustics, which might fill in some EQ gaps. Assuming there are some.)

Sound is such an incredible part of music. The more I get into it, the more I see how complex it is. I watched a video recently of a guy setting EQ. Now, this was nothing more than an acoustic guitar. That's it. No vocal, nothing else, just acoustic guitar. He spent 20 minutes doing this and that to the multi-band EQ. And that's just EQ. And that is just THAT room. Next venue, start over.

Now, then again, if the aforementioned mixer's room control thingy works... hmmm...

Does it work for sound dummies like me? Now, that, I would buy! Press a button and it analyzes the room and makes you sound good? My kind of mixer.

I remember one of the first times I used Logitech Z-2200. Just me singing, playing acoustic guitar. I had two guys in the audience who toured professionally with big name acts and they could not believe how good it sounded. They came up to me and commented, I didn't ask them. And I barely knew how to turn on a mixer! Still don't, haha.

Point being, sometimes we luck up, I suppose. I wish I could carry a sound expert around with me. I get frustrated when it sounds like crap and I don't know how to fix it. Heck, which knob do I start with? I'm a songwriter, not a sound man, for sure.

#279967 - 01/27/10 03:52 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
DonM Offline

Well, the Podiums sounded very good and I heard a few people comment on them. Then you moved from the 900/Podium setup to the Bose/Audya setup and Wow, it blew everybody away. But, that is FAR from apples to apples.
We still need to a/b with the same kb.
I'm glad you went to the Dr.
Regarding the mixer, I got one today, so I'll try it tonight. I'll try to do the room e.q. thing, but it may be too crowded when I start. If so, I'll do it after everyone leaves.
It looks like a really neat mixer with lots of goodies. We'll see how it sounds.
I'm not missing anything with the setup the way it is, and everyone says it sounds great. If it gets even better, that will be wonderful. I took the owner's manual to my reading room, you know, the one with the porcelain office chair, and read the whole thing.
DonM

#279968 - 01/27/10 05:07 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

I took the owner's manual to my reading room, you know, the one with the porcelain office chair, and read the whole thing.
DonM

Isn't that where those manuals are supposed to be read ?!?!? ... kind of appropriate, I think, considering how a lot of manuals are written ...
t.

#279969 - 01/27/10 06:04 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
mc Offline

Loc: New York
No pictures?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online