Topic Options
#279949 - 01/25/10 10:38 AM Re: Shreveport Reports
leezone Offline

was OS4 there?
was AJ there?

#279950 - 01/25/10 12:32 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
AJ couldn't make it. He tried to send me 4.0, but it was too large to email. That means it should be out really soon though.
More later,
DonM

#279951 - 01/25/10 01:45 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
was OS4 there?
was AJ there?

What's wrong with OS3?

Doesn't seem like anyone had a crashfest... If you are holding back from an Audya purchase because of Tony's problems, you might take a look closer at Don's far more positive (but less noisy) experience and ask yourself if OS4 is going to make that much of a difference. If he is not crashing it constantly, why wait?

#279952 - 01/25/10 07:08 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, Carol and I are headed back to the People's Republic of Maryland. It has been a long trip, and after nearly three weeks on the road it will be nice to spend a night in my own bed.

The jam went well, everyone learned a lot from each other, Don and Susan are wonderful hosts and if I had half the talent of anyone there I would be in hog heaven.

The highlight of the evening was provided by Mario, an accordian player that recently began playing keyboard. His fingers are magical,flying over the keys with incredible accuracy. He can do things with a keyboard that most people only dream of.

Tonight, I'm in a Holiday Inn about 45 miles west of Atlanta. With luck I'll make it home by late tomorrow. Next week it's back to work, hopefully providing folks with some newly acquired skills that I learned in Shreveport.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#279953 - 01/26/10 04:50 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
It was good to see everyone. Yep, no doubt, everyone there would agree that Mario was the hit. Wow, this man can REALLY play.

I was carrying a keyboard out and I tripped on the door threshold strip and sailed off a 1 foot high step, right into a pickup truck. With my head. Man, I was dumb enough already. No doubt, a concussion. I thought I was pretty much "okay" (except sore) up until Monday afternoon and then it set in. No, you are not okay!

I have been in bed ever since. Tonight, I am better. But every time I get up, I don't last long, have to go back to bed. Hopefully, my brain will mend just fine. Not to mention my left shin and my right hip. Haha, that was one helluva wreck. Worst fall I have ever had, by far. And I used to ride buckin' broncos on the ranch. Lucky, I didn't break my neck. I barely missed the truck's muffler, if I had hit that instead of the quarter panel, that would have been really ugly.

So, glad to be here, ladies and gents. I keep trying to play this new Audya that I bought but I get tired. A common symptom post-concussion. Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be ready to be back among the living.

Remember, friends, life is short. Last year, a friend of mind had a freak accident on a bicycle and broke his neck. Gone.

Carpe diem!

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 01-26-2010).]

#279954 - 01/26/10 05:03 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Bill...
I just got off the phone with Gary who was travelin' (easy, I presume) about 76 miles outside of DC. He told me about your fall. Glad to hear you are getting better. How's Don's E-80?

I took a spill myself today while unloading my gear. I tripped on a parking stop. Me, the L1 sub woofer and a gear bag landed in the bushes. The equipment is okay but I wrenched my shoulder. I will survive.

Eddie

#279955 - 01/26/10 05:18 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm at work, so can't take long, but that was the worst fall yI've ever seen. He made it worse by protecting my keyboard, which was in a nice padded case also.
I've been checking on him every few hours.
Later,
DonM

#279956 - 01/26/10 08:51 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well,

I made it home in one piece, the trip, however, was a bit hair-raising. Normally I try to bypass Washington, DC and stay away from I-495, the DC Beltway. I figured "What the hell--it will be 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. before I hit the beltway so rush hour traffic should be nil at best--WRONG! It was a freakin' nigntmare. Crazy people everywhere, weaving across five lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, and while the speed limit is 55, believe me anyone doing less than 65 would get slammed in the *ss by an 18-wheeler or a nut case in an SUV. The 23 miles I had to travel on that stretch of I-95 was a white-knuckle ride and I think I left my finger-prints indented into the steering wheel. I told Carol that I'll never take that road again and I meant it.

Tonight I get to sleep in my Select Comfort bed--right after I down a large glass of Kickapoo Joy Juice.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#279957 - 01/26/10 10:50 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Glad you made it safely, Gary. It was a pleasure to meet you. Try to come down to our sleepy fishing village when it isn't so cold (and a LOT less sleepy!), next time...

#279958 - 01/26/10 11:37 PM Re: Shreveport Reports
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Sorry I couldn't see you and Carol this time. Jen and I enjoyed our visit last time which was in 2004 I think.

Rest well.

Scott

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online