SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#279799 - 01/21/10 06:12 AM So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Just looking for a back-up of my system, I've seen it talked about just recently but was wondering which software seems to come up on top?

Thanks

#279800 - 01/21/10 06:28 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I dunno, but when you figure it out, please let me know!

Did you see the recent thread, just days ago? Scroll down, can't be far away. Interesting possibilities.

#279801 - 01/21/10 06:50 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
From what I've read recently, it looks like a touchscreen laptop with either Music Reader or Showplay is an option to consider. I too, would like to hear more about Musicpad alternatives.
Ciao,
Jerry

#279802 - 01/21/10 07:22 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I were to go computer route, it would not be a laptop, it would a tablet. Because it doesn't look like a laptop, yet does the same thing. I would want it footswitch controlled so that nobody even knows I am glancing down at the screen.

#279803 - 01/21/10 08:18 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I don't have an answer, but I gotta believe that a large tablet device similar to the e-ink technology that's used in the Kindle e-reader would work out well. Since it doesn't use backlighting it could even be used outdoors. The technology is there, it's probably not profitable enough for a company to undertake. On the other hand the hardware has been developed it mostly like would just require the software to run it.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-21-2010).]

#279805 - 01/21/10 10:59 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Some keyboards and modules have video out capabilities - Does anyone have any opinions regarding hooking up a small monitor to a board or module - in my case, The Midjay Plus? The screen on the Midjay is a little too small for me, but I can load lyrics and it does have a monitor out ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#279806 - 01/21/10 11:42 AM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I don't have an answer, but I gotta believe that a large tablet device similar to the e-ink technology that's used in the Kindle e-reader would work out well. Since it doesn't use backlighting it could even be used outdoors. The technology is there, it's probably not profitable enough for a company to undertake. On the other hand the hardware has been developed it mostly like would just require the software to run it.

In their panic about the impending Apple tablet, Amazon have opened up the Kindle to third party developers. I agree, an e-ink based device would be better than all the traditional LCD-based alternatives. Perhaps the MusicPad guys will port their tech to Kindle?

#279807 - 01/21/10 12:44 PM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

I'm excitedly awaiting Apple's entry into the tablet market expected to premiere on January 27th here in San Francisco. I'm guessing that the cool little 'music chart' display apps ( iRealBook , MySongbook , etc) now available 4 the iphone/ipod touch may be ported over & enhanced for much larger display (including full leadsheet, lyrics & melody notes) for the iSlate, iPad, or whatever Apple has decided to call it. - Scott

#279808 - 01/21/10 01:22 PM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well Scott they certainly look good, but I am not looking forward the the exorbitant prices Apple place on ther gear.

A 12" touchscreen tablet gives far more options in my view, and knowing Apple, price for a tablet PC will probably be far cheaper too!

Dennis

#279809 - 01/21/10 02:27 PM Re: So what is the best Musicpad alternative?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Scott
Out of curiosity, what would you gain over your MPP, since it has video out to whatever size screen you want ?

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online