RCF ART-310 A
http://www.fbtusa.net/files/Test_Report_10inch_Pow._Speakers_Tools_engl1.pdf

The Maxx 2A comes out way ahead.

I am super happy with mine.

Beakybird

#279725 - 01/21/10 01:21 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary M just called me from his gig...He used the Bose Compact..with the Edirol RAC feature...and was delighted with the results...

Maybe ...soon...Gary will give his own account...

#279726 - 01/21/10 01:58 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes the RAC is a good tool. I never said it wasn't

#279727 - 01/21/10 02:10 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Yes the RAC is a good tool. I never said it wasn't

Dennis I know we can achieve the same results using a dual 15 band stereo graphic EQ....manually..

But, what I really like about the RAC feature..I use several different sound systems...and I can easily adjust the frequency (flat) of each system..automatically....and the results are always favorable..

#279728 - 01/21/10 02:14 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've sold allot of the italian made stuff, the FBT and RCF, they are great.

The key is the musicality of the more premier stuff. Yes you can buy a powered speaker from another company for under $300 that has great looking specs, 400 watts, 40 - 20k response,.

But if you look into it, it's 400 watts max, 100 nominal, the response is +/- 10db which is horrible.

Especially when you push the volume that where the cheaper stuff falls apart, you get mechanical compression from the cheaper drivers, tolerances that change because of the cheaper components.

In the end it's all about the sound and relaibility.

If your spending the money that's the way to go. but you will always get what you pay for.' if it seems too good to be true then it usually is

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#279729 - 01/21/10 02:39 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Dennis I know we can achieve the same results using a dual 15 band stereo graphic EQ....manually..

But, what I really like about the RAC feature..I use several different sound systems...and I can easily adjust the frequency (flat) of each system..automatically....and the results are always favorable..

Absolutely Fran. I do agree. In fact when I had mine I tested it a few times and I could not get any better using a manual EQ. I am just a bit set in my ways and do prefer the hands on of a full EQ. Not to mention the quick response available if a particular freq peaks out for some strange reason

But for those who are "over" manual adjustments, or those who don't know enough about frequency tweaking, the RAC feature is a super tool.

And it DOES work

The ONLY thin I did not like on the MD, was the noise from the channel pots, when they got past half-way. That was it. Apart from that I would recommend it to anyone, be they solo or band performers.

The other very useful tool, was being able to store scenes. So a user could have stored setups for up to eight (I think there were eight slots) different venues.

Dennis

#279730 - 01/22/10 06:31 AM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Fran
Can you put the 330 in a referance to regular PA equip?For instance is it equal in sound capacity to a single 12" cabinet cranked up or 2/ 10" cabinets running in stereo off a powered mixer?
The unit sounds intriguing but as most of my gigs go I need something to handle an arranger, vocals and some DJ dance stuff.
I like to go modular and be able to bring in what's needed and not everything all the time so maybe two of these could do it and simplify my load ins

#279731 - 01/22/10 07:46 AM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
For $599 a piece, there is much better stuff out there! ex. srm450's,srm350, even the Eon515.

#279732 - 01/22/10 09:58 AM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
Fran
Can you put the 330 in a referance to regular PA equip?For instance is it equal in sound capacity to a single 12" cabinet cranked up or 2/ 10" cabinets running in stereo off a powered mixer?
The unit sounds intriguing but as most of my gigs go I need something to handle an arranger, vocals and some DJ dance stuff.
I like to go modular and be able to bring in what's needed and not everything all the time so maybe two of these could do it and simplify my load ins

Bill, I think you would like the BA330..and I think 2 units would be awesome..

If you compare to most 12" single speaker like a Cube 60 (old model) or a KC100 or 150..the Ba330 more than hold it's own..especially..the BA330 gets very loud and maintains a quality sound...not possible with most 12 and 10 inch speakers (powered)..Vocals, arranger play shines with the BA330..and yes you can cover most DJ Dance music too...I have only tries a single BA330 , but I can imagine the coverage of 2 units would be super..

I even was impressed with the BA330 on a pole..still had decent bass response...if you keep the unit close to a wall..even on a pole..the bass is even more responsive...

Hitman..You have to look at what you get for $599 with the BA330..A quality sound..that you won't get from the Mackies you mentioned....This also has features...like a digital mixer with flexible outputs..anti feedback that works...effects that sound great..battery powered that last for 12 hours...

I wouldn't trade my BA330 for none of the models you mentioned....and besides that a single Podium 8 or 12 ..blows away the Mackies and eons..at $100-$250....If you want power ..you won't beat the Podiums...The sound quality..belongs to the BA330.....

Bill I am just testing the BA330 the way you would use it..Arranger play..playing big brass patches ..busy style patterns..vocals (that don't feed back)...and also some MP3's like Turn the beat around, Cha Cha slide..etc....it handles all this...PS: even on battery power..

If you need more signal input..a mixer like my Edirol adds more and still maintains a quality sound...Even without an external mixer..I still have head room..Master is at 2:00 and the individual channel at 3:00..

Keep in mind this is 15 watts a side stereo..and it is performing like 10 fold in the competition world..

#279733 - 01/22/10 11:12 AM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks Fran for the info, and before we get too far away from one of your initial elucidations, I have a couple of questions about the M-10X and Bose Compact combo. Please bare with me as I am not a tech head …
I have the Bose L1 that I use with a B1 for large (mostly ourdoor) venues. With the Bose remote, I can pretty easily get the sound I want from the L1. For other venues, I use the Bose Compact and you are spot on about the lack of some of the low-mid range. I have used a couple of different mixers and have either over compensated or get a muddy bottom. So, if I understand, what you’re saying is that this Edirol mixer can analyze the venue’s acoustics and automatically EQ itself to match the room’s acoustics?? If that’s the case, can this feature be accessed on the fly? For example, I set up for my restaurant gig and do a sound check with the room fairly empty, a little while later, the room fills and the acoustics dramatically change – I just push a button and it compensates ?? I assume that effects can be assigned to individual channels – reverb for the mic, no FX for the module etc.? I would think that the Bose T-1 would pretty much be able to zero in on the missing frequencies, but if the Edirol does this automatically, and is nearly $400 less … duh … so there may be a little 'hiss', if it's the same frequency range as my tinnitus - I won't notice.
Ciao,
Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerry T (edited 01-22-2010).]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online