SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#279734 - 01/22/10 12:07 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jerry, it works as you say..reads the room..and you would have to run the spectrum tool again ..if you think the room needs it...this would mean..a minute of white noise thru your speakers...could be annoying to some folks..

The good news..I don't think you will have to vary the signal/freq again...Initially..the big thing..it finds the frequencies that we are missing...you still can compensate with the 3 band knob eq..and it actually will work better after the RAC is active....unlike the muddy sound you mentioned..

Gary M is going to type a response and I will post it for him...He can go into detail, what he has discovered with the Bose and the Edirol..

#279735 - 01/22/10 12:15 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Fran

Thanks for the response and input I agree, the reason I would look at one or two of these is for ease of use and quality of sound. IF it sounds good people rarely complain about it being too loud.
Just heard a DJ with the JBL's--- yeccccchhhh!!!!!. Maybe the guy didn't know how to EQ them or whatever but my inexpensive Carvin LM12s sound 10 times better. I'll check out the 330 when it comes into one of my local stores

Thanks
Bill in NJ

#279736 - 01/22/10 04:21 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks again Fran,
Looking forward to Gary's post.
Ciao,
Jerry

#279737 - 01/23/10 12:40 AM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
Just heard a DJ with the JBL's--- yeccccchhhh!!!!!.

Just because it says JBL on it, you can't tar them all with the same feather! JBL make a huge range of products, ranging from what I consider the awful (JRX series) to the sublime (SRX series)

#279738 - 01/23/10 12:34 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Diki
Should have been more specfic. I know JBL is a quality company but this is my second experience hearing the Eon's. First was a good friend and great musician who knows how to set up a PA. Second was this bar DJ-I don't think he had a clue, just be loud!!! HA! They sound very harsh to me but thats just me.
I also had two occasions hearing a DJs use the 10" models and they sounded much better.
Fran
I could care less about battery operation, never liked anything with batteries. Wonder what the price would be without this feature. Gotta hear this little monster, its got me intrigued

Later
Bill in NJ

#279739 - 01/23/10 12:53 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Diki Offline

I really look for a speaker to come with little need to EQ, these days. Modern design and components OUGHT to be able to make something that is flat-(ish) by design. When it isn't, nowadays it boils down to some serious cost cutting by the company, on R&D and manufacture.

For instance, I have long held that the Bose 'low-mid' hole (thank God some Bose owners are willing to talk about it, now, rather than just muscling up and getting all defensive ) is an intrinsic part of the design. I mean, those are tiny little speakers with a ported sub. There's no way that design comes out as flat to start with...

The thing about EQ-ing flatness into a system that is NOT is that you lose headroom and cleanliness (at louder volumes) as frequencies are having to be boosted artificially to compensate, stressing power amps and other parts of the signal chain more than they need to be if the system was flat to start with.

BTW, Fran...

Having gone through the corrective EQ part with the Bose system with your Roland, is there a readout to tell you exactly WHICH frequencies got boosted/cut, and by how much? This might be useful info for those with Bose and a traditional graphic EQ to try out...

#279740 - 01/23/10 01:18 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Yes the mixer (Edirol) shows the graphic changes to correct the Bose or any other system...to a flat..ish frequency..

BTW: The BA330 is very flat from the factory..

#279741 - 01/23/10 01:38 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Diki Offline

Did you store the preset? I'd be interested in knowing the numbers...

#279742 - 01/23/10 01:50 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Did you store the preset? I'd be interested in knowing the numbers...

Diki, I did not, but Gary did..Maybe he can check it and when he writes his views..he could give the details in the RAC reading..

#279743 - 01/23/10 01:51 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

The edirol only retains the last reading..there is no preset memory for the RAC..

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online