SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#279714 - 01/20/10 12:57 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Maybe it is not being used correctly..I have no problems with hiss..

#279715 - 01/20/10 12:59 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Was this a reviewers quote..if so ..read others views...Human error can be the difference..

#279716 - 01/20/10 01:04 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

http://www.samedaymusic.com/productreview--EDIM10DX

Here is a random review with the opposite results..

#279717 - 01/20/10 01:18 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes, I have read that as well as many other "reviews" some funded by advertising dollars and special deals.

All I write is exactly how I find a bit of gear. I try to avoid the "rose coloured glasses" concept and the "everythings a keeper" type rhetoric.

It was the same with the MS, thus as it is with the Edirol M10.

I probably have a slightly higher intolerance to extraneous noise than you do.

Plus, looking at the speaker systems you are running, you obviously do not need much higher levels than half way on the channel gain pots. As I said the noise increases substantially past half way.

This mixer is marginally above the Behringers at this size for noise levels. In all other areas it is quite good. The RAC was not too bad.

Reasonably accurate, but nothing I could not do with a multiband EQ unit. That plus experience in being able to closely guess how rooms are going to sound.

#279718 - 01/20/10 02:23 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis, we each have to work what is best for our needs..I have several speaker systems that I can use for any purpose I choose..and I have no problems with the gear I use..I totally disagree with your "rose color glasses" analogy...Maybe other folks would like to comment...that actually owned/tried the above gear...That way we can have honest opinions...

I still have my "keepers"..
Even the MS..

#279719 - 01/20/10 02:35 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
That way we can have honest opinions...

I still have my "keepers"..
Even the MS..

Yep, I have just given that
.....moving on

#279720 - 01/20/10 05:46 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
Fran Carango Offline

I was just thinking...we give A/B test..with realistic results..and alternative ways to improve A or B..and all this is collaborated...with some other owners giving an Amen....

And it appears to be all in vain..If no one really cares about mentioning the results of these comparisons....then I will refrain from posting the results..

On second thought...the results are yours..do what you want with them...I know the facts..and will not change my life at all....I will just play with my "keepers"..

I did think for sure, especially since there was a way to improve...that some more Bose owners would be more open minded to consider the test..It's not like there are no Bose owners that know the frequency range problem..

Also , quite possibly Bose may purposely blocked certain frequencies..to compensate a potential feedback problem...after all they were designed as stage monitors...

Now don't tell me you guys never had feedback with a Bose..

After our test improvements with the Bose..Gary M was able to use his mic 2 feet from the Bose Compact..without feedback..So I guess the additional freq gains in the low/mid range...can work satisfactory...

#279721 - 01/20/10 06:14 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Fran, I would always try something on my own but I do appreciate your effort.

#279722 - 01/20/10 06:38 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

I'm going to try this when I get home. Then I'll post my unbiased review. Fortunately, I have a friend that owns that exact same mixer.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#279723 - 01/20/10 08:35 PM Re: BA330 and Bose Compact..tested today
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Well, I'll bite on the BA-330, soon as I can see/hear one. May go ahead and get it sight unseen like I did with the Bose Model II. Wish there were more 330 reviews available. Apparently, it was announced way back in September, 2009. The reason---I want my keyboard and backing tracks in stereo. I've never liked tracks through the Bose, but the guitar and vocals sound great. Might even get two 330's with the link feature. I want the lightweight portability of the 330. Folks can say what they want, but at my age the Bose is really not light---when you consider 4 separate pieces to tote, plus all the other assorted gear that's necessary in a solo act. Try carrying the Bose Model II up two or three flights of stairs with no elevator. Plus, I like what someone said about a warm, full, fat sound for the 330. That describes the majority of my gigs.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online