SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#279523 - 01/17/10 03:16 PM Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Does anyone know what's going on with the Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro? Looks like they've closed their online support community down.

#279524 - 01/17/10 04:48 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi PTL: I haven't visited their online customer forum in well over a year so thanks for the informative update. With other new more convenient (at least for me) methods of calling up digital display charts/chords, including directly from the KB (ie: Tyros2-3), I no longer call upon my MusicPad much anymore except as a device to store all my music books & leads heets in one place. I suspect other newer digital music display options (pc tablets, ipod/iphone apps (irealbook, mysongbook), etc) + the economic downturn, is the reason Freehand Musicpad lost a huge chunk of sales and interest in what's now a 4+ year old product. Too bad they didn't have sufficient capital to advance the MusicPad to a new level. - Scott

#279525 - 01/17/10 05:21 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi PTL: I haven't visited their online customer forum in well over a year so thanks for the informative update. With other new more convenient (at least for me) methods of calling up digital display charts/chords, including directly from the KB (ie: Tyros2-3), I no longer call upon my MusicPad much anymore except as a device to store all my music books & leads heets in one place. I suspect other newer digital music display options (pc tablets, ipod/iphone apps (irealbook, mysongbook), etc) + the economic downturn, is the reason Freehand Musicpad lost a huge chunk of sales and interest in what's now a 4+ year old product. Too bad they didn't have sufficient capital to advance the MusicPad to a new level. - Scott

Scott-Can you give a brief over view of how one would put sheet music/charts into the Tyros 2?

Thanks!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#279526 - 01/17/10 05:42 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Graham,

I visited the site about 2 months ago there hadn't been much activity or posts there recently. Let's hope that they are not going to close their doors, it's a great product that I rely on. I bought one 4 years ago and works like a charm. I keep back up lead sheets on paper with me in case it fails. It works flawlessly day and day out.

#279527 - 01/17/10 05:50 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Scott, I have long wondered about having a small monitor that one could clip onto a mic stand when standing, playing a guitar. I always envisioned it as small. And then the iPhone was invented! I don't know if this size screen would work... but do you know of any app that allows you to import a text file? One might need to be able to scroll it and I don't know if that's possible.

I hope to put stuff on my new Audya but this question is for playing guitar.

EDIT: Hmmm, mysongbook iPhone app is worth checking into. It does what I asked. If I can just see it and it scrools correctly, that could work.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 01-17-2010).]

#279528 - 01/17/10 07:35 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I can attest that the Freehand user forum provided me with valuable info --- for free. If you contacted Freehand, they charged a fee for assistance. Now, if I were a cynical person, I would say that Freehand didn’t want to give away info for free anymore and therefore eliminated that source.
Ciao,
Jerry

#279529 - 01/17/10 07:54 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I would be interested in hearing what other folks are using for displaying lyrics. I found that the digital displays on most keyboards and especially on my PA800, unusable outdoors. I also use the Midjay Plus and the MJ display is a little too small for these old eyes. I do use the Music Pad Pro and would like to learn what else is available.
Ciao,
Jerry

#279530 - 01/17/10 08:59 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've been using a laptop for several years. Lately it's a small Acer netbook. I'm now using the Audya text display more and more.
It's easier to scroll and eliminates the stupid comments from the audience. You know, "Does that thing have Moonglow in there?" type of stuff.
DonM

#279531 - 01/17/10 09:20 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Youv'e got to see this to believe it!!!

Go to the NVidia site www.Nvidia.com have a look at the keynote address CES2010 particulary the tablet "Tesla" display web pages. Now being a bit of an "it" guru as many of us are here, I can see that you could either stream your sheet music from your own server to the tablet, or use a usb storage device to display. This looks the goods and probably and hopefully will be a cheaper option, allthough I do now have the music pad pro, i'm excited about whats comming up!!

here's the link http://ispss.istreamplanet.com/nvidia/
make sure you have the latest fLASH PLAYER INSTALLED

#279532 - 01/17/10 10:52 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
I would be interested in hearing what other folks are using for displaying lyrics. I found that the digital displays on most keyboards and especially on my PA800, unusable outdoors. I also use the Midjay Plus and the MJ display is a little too small for these old eyes. I do use the Music Pad Pro and would like to learn what else is available.
Ciao,
Jerry

Music Reader (software, about $80) and a touchscreen laptop.

Much better than MPP too!!

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online