SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#279434 - 01/16/10 10:50 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I barely use 25% of my E-80's functionality, and I've only had it eighteen months. Ask me again in another six to eight years.

#279435 - 01/16/10 11:04 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I only use 25% of my brain... ask me again in six years when I'll only be using 2%

#279436 - 01/16/10 11:14 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
What I want next is just an upgrade of what I already have...I can't believe it can not be done with a new OS...

I want my G70..improved:

A media player..the one they use on the Prelude would be perfect..

More parameter control with the HB organ module..especially the Leslie simulator..

The "chord sequencer"..I am the other guy that used it..

And a "super" expansion card, that you can select all your favorite sounds from the Roland library..

This would make the current G70 the best possible instrument for me...and i wouldn't complain about the 46 pounds....at all!!!!..

My MediaStation..

A couple of software quirks fixed..namely a couple problems when playing SMF's using the Giga sounds..fixed to work as good as the GS sound chip on player one..

CDG upgrade to work..hopefully on the existing hardware..

A volunteered sound designer that would make available a "Super" GM giga sound table...and another that would be Yamaha ready for Live Styler..

Notice!!! This is a very short list for the MS...so I guess it "ain't so bad"..

Why stop here?

My Prelude..offer an upgraded key bed...maybe the Juno Stage keybed would be great...also add a Mic input that is linked to an effects unit..

Increase the internal memory so more than 200 SMF's with lyrics can be stored in memory..

I want all the above..without buying a "new" board...Most can be accomplished with out buying a new board...Maybe the Juno Stage keybed..would be a toughie..

#279437 - 01/16/10 11:25 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Not exactly on topic, but the Xenios gives you a number of the features mentioned.

The closest to the 2 manual Nord is probably the Wersi Xenios, which has a 10” touch screen and comes in at just under 50lb.
Combine the above with the VB3 VSTi for your authentic Hammond emulation.
For those that want sounds that are as close to real as you can get, drop in the Free Kontakt 4 Player VSTi and buy just the instruments you want, (There are a boatload out there) and which can also be used in styles. (Including Yamaha styles)
It also has style compose pre-sets (Step time) where you can pre-program your own chords fills breaks etc., and combine with any style you choose. (It also allows you to still use fills variations and chords etc. live, to allow flexibility)(Style compose pre-sets are independent of other pre-sets, unless specifically saved in them)
You can store up to 9 styles per registration pre-set, and if you add the Rhythm designer you get a 4 track Arpeggio/loopier (You can load your own loops if you want) which can be used in tandem with the arranger, independent of the arranger or a combination of the 2. (You can use VSTi sounds for your arpeggios/loops if required)
Downside
It only has a 49 note upper, sliders instead of drawbars and costs €6950 http://www.wersimusic.com/xenios.html

Bill

#279438 - 01/16/10 11:32 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
The Xenios gives you a number of the features mentioned ... It costs €6950

Good opportunity to pick one up for pennies in the Wersi fire sale.

[This message has been edited by Seamaster (edited 01-16-2010).]

#279439 - 01/16/10 11:38 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Perhaps this is not quite what you are looking for, but how about an output to control light show(s). Generic for most midis and styles, but also programable when necessary. Must be keep simple.

I read that you can use midi to do this, but it seems like it was quite an undertaking.

Ed

#279440 - 01/16/10 11:47 AM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

More Variations (say six), more Fills (one per possible destination, that would be sixteen for a four Variation arranger), and a break/fill for every Variation (Ketron already got that one!).

The return of the Swing value knob. Take a Straight 8 all the way out to overswung and back, with a LOCK, so if you change styles, the same swing value gets imposed. New Jack to rock, same pattern...

Definitely like to see more variations per style, rather than more intros/endings...I'd like to see at least 8 variations, with the appropriate number of fills.

The Swing knob would be an excellent idea...Yamaha had something like this several years ago on their arrangers...a"groove" function button right on the panel, but it wasn't implemented as good as it could have been, and it only worked for internal styles.

I'd also like the to see the on-board Audio to USB recorder on the Tyros/PSR increased to at least 4 tracks.

Ian

#279441 - 01/16/10 12:57 PM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I WAS kind of hoping someone would take the thread seriously...

Fair enough, but here's my problem. For every wish out there that would be granted, there would probably be one guy (the wish's author) using it. Take the chord sequencer, for instance. If it were to be reinstated (at great expense to the manufacturer) in a TOTL arranger, you'd have the same two guys using it (Fran and Diki) that used it in the G1000. The other 49,998 users would either see no use for it, consider it more trouble than it was worth, or be completely oblivious to it's existence. I'll bet that if we could see ANY of the major manufacturer's wish lists, the feature requests would number in the thousands. How do they determine which ones would translate to a better bottom line if implemented? Who do they ask? I'm guessing the dealers who sell them and have direct access to customer feedback.

Most feature requests fill a need for a specific individual but is meaningless or insignificant to most everyone else. We want a keyboard to have the keybed/keyfeel of a Steinway but weigh 12lbs. We want waterfall keys to do our organ smears but not when we're doing our piano licks. We want it to perfectly duplicate the pipe organ in St. Peters Cathedral but we don't want to pay over $600. I think wishlists are futile, frustrating, but fun; the three F's. But hey, keep it up. I'm sure it gives the R@D guys at the big three a good laugh with each new RE-issue.

Sorry to sound so negative, but you're just going to have to take what those pre-senile ol' farts give you .

chas

#279442 - 01/16/10 01:37 PM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Chas
They do get thousands of wish lists, however when a particular feature keeps popping up, they take notice.
If they didn’t get plenty of wish lists they wouldn’t know what users required. (Remember dealer feedback comes from users, so there is nothing wrong with cutting out the middle man. IMO

Bill

#279443 - 01/16/10 01:51 PM Re: What DO we want 'next'?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
the addition of some sort of a universal style & sound format that would allow any keyboard to load the same basic set of bread n' butter styles Factory & User. Still have it's own fancier mega sound styles or audio loop styles in it's native format.
Just means that when changing keyboards these styles will play back perfectly whether it be on yamaha, ketron, whatever.

Bit like what GM did for the song file.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online