SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#279413 - 01/15/10 06:09 PM Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.

I recorded this a few hours ago for the guys on KORG Forums because KORG and pretty much everyone else are moving away from printed manuals and going with PDF files instead these days. So for those still looking for something as portable here's a quick run around my little eBook readers.

In general they are fantastic for reading manuals, but seriously, every home should have one for reading books and so much more. They are so user friendly and the entire family can share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HEuC9TBRKc

Thought you might find this interesting.

Regards
James.

#279414 - 01/16/10 03:20 AM Re: Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Jim, very informative video, thanks for posting.

Both my wife and I have Kindle 2s. She's an avid reader and got a Kindle when it was released in 2007. She got tired of me borrowing her's so she bought me one a year later.

Downloading user manual's to it is a very handy feature. It's also great to be able to download a single edition of a newspaper, magazine or sample of a book ( try before you buy). Most best sellers are $9.99 and there's many free books available too.

#279415 - 01/16/10 06:02 AM Re: Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have my E-80's manual on my iPhone as a PDF. Very handy.

#279416 - 01/16/10 09:53 AM Re: Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thanks, James. My wife is about to buy an e-reader and the Sony was not something she considered. I also did a Google search to compare the two. Now my wife has decided on a model and at least has had some chance to compare what's out there. btw, she chose Kindle.

#279417 - 01/16/10 01:26 PM Re: Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#279418 - 01/16/10 02:06 PM Re: Ebook Reader for digital manuals.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
HI Guys.

Yeah good choice. The Kindle is a massively popular e-reader. I bough the Sony we have in Christmas 08 for my wife and to be honest we have been both fighting to use it ever since.

Think I will have to buy my own soon, but I'll probably go for one that I can write on with a digital pen though. I'll just get so much more use out of one I can write on.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 01-16-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online