SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#279395 - 01/16/10 06:28 AM Re: What do you guys (gals) think?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Fran-

Other than how impressive it would look, realistically what would you gain musically?

Would you be able to do certain things that you can't if you just take the single kb?

Nope..not one single benefit..

And to respond to Diki:..With the band..I actually do not even need or use styles..The only time I would use a style...if I backed someone (singer)..who could not follow tracks or I knew they would have a problem...it is easier to bail them out ..playing arranger mode..

Besides it is impossible to do our band venues, with just arranger mode..all night..If you don't sequence or use tracks, you won't work these rooms..

I could use the MS with the band, I have a few times...It has the quirk once in a while, but no show stoppers..

And why carry the G70 or MS..when the Prelude does a great job...doing the same job...at 17 pounds..verse 56 for the MS and 46 for the G70...Don't get me wrong...my go to keyboard for my "solo" work is the G70, where I use what the G70 gives me..I use the laptop (MP3's) for specialty tunes, and breaks, only when I solo..
With the band, we rely on tracks..

I thought if I used multi keyboard set up..it would be a "throw back", from the "good old days"...

Although I have found it a benefit to use the A33 controller with the G70..so in that respect I can see me setting up "solo"..this way..

Nigel, I am not offended by Diki...I understand his misgivings..

Bernie, the truth can be said..just ask the simple question, and you will receive a truthful answer from me...Don't ask a short novel question where more is read into it them a simple question...In truth the MS could work ok with the band, it can not work well enough for me as a "solo"...only because I have choices (G70, Prelude, MS etc)..

People judge other people's experiences with a particular keyboard, and think if another owner says it works for them..they are not truthful....Look at Don's Audya and Tony's ..Who is lying? Neither...just different situations or maybe software glitches...the latter is the most common MS problem difference..I believe even Dennis would agree...We all do not have predetermined problems with any board..

#279396 - 01/16/10 06:57 AM Re: What do you guys (gals) think?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I wonder if it might not prove to be almost a distraction? How often/recently have you worked with the larger set up?

If its something you're really comfortable with, that's one thing...If you're not-it might trip you up a few times through the night...

Let us know what you do...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#279397 - 01/17/10 01:27 AM Re: What do you guys (gals) think?
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
dont want to add fuel to any fire . Arnt the G70, the Ms and the prelude all arranger keyboards ?

Anyway fran, i think it would look amazing but then you would have to grow your hair long have to look and play like Rick Wakeman :-)

#279398 - 01/17/10 04:40 AM Re: What do you guys (gals) think?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
My Roadie..

Fran,

Just take the Roadie and listen to the band, leave the KB at home!

Cheers
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online