SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#279173 - 01/13/10 03:50 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I'm running OS3, knock on wood, no crashes, I do have an issue with some midi files not playing drums at times, but I suspect its caused by one of the registrations that I have.

Going to NAMM tomorrow, Ketron will not be there, but I'm sure plenty of people will talk about it.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#279174 - 01/13/10 04:03 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Frank is one of the few dealers I would trust (in addition to George Kaye) to not mislead you all about something like this. If he says HIS units haven't locked up, you can be assured they haven't...

But Frank, with all the attention being payed to this on here, perhaps YOU could organize some sort of bugbase and crash reportage system to help track down this issue. I know it has GOT to be affecting your sales, this uncertainty. You might be in a unique position to mediate between the users and Ketron, and to provide somewhere for users to swap serial #'s and hardware details to help track this down...

Remember the LED light issue with Korg PA2Xpro's? Seemed a bad batch got into the production line. Maybe there's something that might be similar here, but it appears that the users themselves don't have the inclination or the skills to track this down. But, as a dealer, you stand to gain from assisting them through this process. How about it?

#279175 - 01/13/10 05:48 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Diki,

Thanks, there has been a bad run of soundboards that had to be replaced, but as for the crashes and bugs. It all depends allot on how deep each user gets into the keyboard. I have customers who just pick a style and play, and others are digging very deeply into the unit.

I have used it with vocalizer running, midi files, mp3s,. There are still bugs, but most of them I have found lead back to something like a registration or my lack of reading the manual.

I love the sounds and styles of the Audya, but at times I get very frustrated, because I want to play and not worry if I decide to put on a midi file will the drums show up or when I hit the vocalizer it will give me harmony and not a robotic Mickey mouse voice.

I have asked many times to help and be a beta tester for the OS updates but Ketron has not sent me anything.

Fortunately the list of bugs I had acquired has been addressed with OS3

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online