Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#279057 - 01/14/10 02:38 PM Re: GW-8 vs Prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

However, OS2 doesn't add the ONE feature you say you HAVE to have before you get one. The style composer section, AFAIK, still doesn't allow wholesale copying of sections from different styles and assembling them.

Thanks for the clarification, Diki, and I think I'll wait till they add style assembly before I take the plunge.

I'm not gigging till at least May or June, so I'm in no hurry.

I'm kinda interested in the new VR-700...if I end up doing the band thing in the spring, I may look into one...either that, or one of the new Yamaha CP's that just came out; the CP-5 might be a consideration.

Ian

#279058 - 01/14/10 02:46 PM Re: GW-8 vs Prelude
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Ian if you looking for a second keyboard forget the Roland Prelude. For the same money you got a Korg PA500 Musikant. I play on one a month now and can say wow what a keyboard for the money. I had the GW 8 a few months ago and even the Korg PA50 give you more for your money. Just my opinion

#279059 - 01/14/10 02:47 PM Re: GW-8 vs Prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd probably still take the Nord's into consideration, Ian. They got something the others still don't get, IMO...

Korg's and Roland's are still just too 'clean', too pristine. I know you dig the retro stuff, and IMO the
Nord's capture that feel you get from playing a 'gigged' vintage 'board, not something off the
showroom floor.

Few classic rock tracks ever had a piano that was PERFECTLY in tune, had PERFECT evenness across the
tines and hammers, had PERFECT oscillators... You want that sound, I think Nord is the way to go.

To be honest, right now, the Nord Stage is the ONLY piece of gear I have any serious technolust for. If I
had the cash lying around, I'd get one in a flash!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online