SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#278904 - 01/08/10 08:05 AM Re: DonM in hospital
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Don, I'm just one of many people you mean a lot to. Please let us know what's happening with you, when you can.

Russ

#278905 - 01/08/10 08:05 AM Re: DonM in hospital
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Best regards and wishes for speedy recocery from me too Don.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#278906 - 01/08/10 08:18 AM Re: DonM in hospital
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just got off the phone with Don's wife Susan. Don dodged a big bullet, his left, anterior descending coronary artery was 95% blocked, and the doctor said he was very close to having a massive heart attack.

A single, 5-mm stent was put in place, there was apparently no damage to the heart muscle, he will be heading home tomorrow and he's already complaining about having to lay still on his back.

The doctor said he has some other areas with blockages of about 50 percent, but those can be treated medically and do not require surgical intervention. Don will have to make some lifestyle changes, go on a serious diet, and unfortunately, watch what he eats at Ernest's Restaurant.

Glad everything worked out for him, and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with our MC of the Shreveport Jam again in a few weeks.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#278907 - 01/08/10 08:26 AM Re: DonM in hospital
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hello, this is Susan---Thanks, Gary, for posting the explanation on Don's procedure. Don will definitely make a full recovery. Oh, and Bill (Semi Live), Don wanted me to be sure to tell you that he is planning on being at work Monday night so, for you, the gravy train is empty! But.. you can have all the free booze and women you can get!

#278908 - 01/08/10 08:47 AM Re: DonM in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Hello, this is Susan---Thanks, Gary, for posting the explanation on Don's procedure. Don will definitely make a full recovery. Oh, and Bill (Semi Live), Don wanted me to be sure to tell you that he is planning on being at work Monday night so, for you, the gravy train is empty! But.. you can have all the free booze and women you can get!

Rats.

Glad all is more or less well.

#278909 - 01/08/10 08:51 AM Re: DonM in hospital
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Susan... thank you for the update ... Man, it is hard to believe he was that close to a MUCH MORE SERIOUS problem, but will be up and about really soon ...
We've only met once and for too short a time, but Lydia and I love you guys and didn't want to even THINK about something really bad happening ...
I know you have a great support system with you, but please realize that you have a world of support here on S-Z as well, so if there is ANYTHING you need, please do not hesitate to ask ...
God Bless you both,
t.

#278910 - 01/08/10 08:57 AM Re: DonM in hospital
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
semilive - $345 in TIPS ?!?!? ... man, I TOLD Don when I was down there I would do that gig just for tips and dinner !!! ... well, all things considered, maybe just for tips ...
Seriously, how many people were there to generate that much in tips, and do you have any idea what the average tip might have been?
t.

#278911 - 01/08/10 09:20 AM Re: DonM in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I just spoke with Don, he is still groggy but he'll be fine in a couple of hours. He thinks he already feels better, so, that's a good thing.

To everyone... I have been through this twice. Both Don and I were lucky. So far, haha. If you feel like you have a band around your chest, a tightness around your chest, maybe a bit difficult to get air... that is a classic symptom. Cal 911 if it happens to you. Don't wait or else you might end up like 40% of all people who have a heart attack -- first episode and they're dead.

By the way, second time it happened to me, it was not that feeling at all. It just felt like my heart was "heavy." A heavy feeling centered around the heart. It's human nature to deny and want to delay going in but try your best to overcome that and just make the call.

#278912 - 01/08/10 09:31 AM Re: DonM in hospital
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Get well soon, amigo.

Best regards from Brazil
Chico

#278913 - 01/08/10 10:37 AM Re: DonM in hospital
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary, Susan...
Thank you both for your update and explanations of Don's current condition. It is sounding very positive.

And Semi-Live Bill....since Don is coming back to work and you will have some extra time on your hands, I will resume giving all the gals down here your email address.

Eddie

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online