SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#278001 - 12/23/09 09:07 PM Does anyone know why
Tony Hughes Offline

If you look on Youtube you will only find a handful of items where poeple have posted themselves playing Audya, I say individuals, whilst there are many Tyros3, and loads PA2x, what is this telling us, anyone any ideas or is it obvious!

Regards

PS BTW I know someone who as AUDYA OS3 locking up badly, this a new Audya only about 6 weeks old. Roll on NAMM in Jan and OS4 or is it 5 AJ.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-23-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#278002 - 12/24/09 01:00 AM Re: Does anyone know why
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I guess the obvious answer is that for most musicians the Audya is well outside their price range. Secondly the Audya is an arranger and it will have limited appeal generally to those people who might post their own music on youtube so its not that much of a surprise really.

#278003 - 12/24/09 04:07 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Because they have sold in much smaller numbers than the other boards you mention.
Unfortunately, this is not likely to change until Ketron iron out all the problems and make the Audya what it really should be.

The price may be off-putting to some but, I think that these problems are the biggest reason for the lack of sales, together with the lack of dealers who carry Ketron products (in the UK).
Tony

#278004 - 12/24/09 04:55 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:
Because they have sold in much smaller numbers than the other boards you mention.
Unfortunately, this is not likely to change until Ketron iron out all the problems and make the Audya what it really should be.

The price may be off-putting to some but, I think that these problems are the biggest reason for the lack of sales, together with the lack of dealers who carry Ketron products (in the UK).
Tony

Have you got one Tony.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#278005 - 12/24/09 05:13 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I think the price is only part of the problem.
Yes it is expensive, but if it was worth the money it would still sell. The main problem is that the price simply cannot be justified at all based on the state the keyboard is in and what features it does actually have right now.

My 2 cents

James

#278006 - 12/24/09 05:43 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I think the price is only part of the problem.
Yes it is expensive, but if it was worth the money it would still sell. The main problem is that the price simply cannot be justified at all based on the state the keyboard is in and what features it does actually have right now.

My 2 cents

James

James,

What do you think about another OS3 locking up , this one locked up 5 times in one hour, the dealer says you need to load the software back on again, it must have been the way the guy held is mouth the fist time he loaded it on, how many ways can you load software on to get it right.

#278007 - 12/24/09 06:26 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
No Tony, I don't have one (yet) although I have been a long term fan of Ketron products - still using an MS40 which I bought many years ago & the strings, for instance, are still better than any modern board which I have yet heard.
I own a Technics KN7000 (my favourite), a Tyros3 and a Roland EM2000 and the MS40 strings shame them all.

I would be willing to jump if all these problems were sorted so, for the time being, I am an interested observer on the sidelines.
It seems I will have to be more patient than I anticipated.
Best wishes,
Tony

#278008 - 12/24/09 02:31 PM Re: Does anyone know why
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,

What do you think about another OS3 locking up , this one locked up 5 times in one hour, the dealer says you need to load the software back on again, it must have been the way the guy held is mouth the fist time he loaded it on, how many ways can you load software on to get it right.

That's a cop out if you ask me.

Does the keyboard install the OS completely blind or something? Surly they have a checksum in place to verify the different stages of the installation. I would be totally shocked beyond belief if they didn't since this is basic stuff.

If they do then you can't screw up the OS installation. It either gets installed and verified as perfectly installed or an error is displayed and the installation is aborted.

None of that you must stand on one leg while installing the OS bull.

Regards
James

#278009 - 12/24/09 10:53 PM Re: Does anyone know why
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
That's a cop out if you ask me.

Does the keyboard install the OS completely blind or something? Surly they have a checksum in place to verify the different stages of the installation. I would be totally shocked beyond belief if they didn't since this is basic stuff.

If they do then you can't screw up the OS installation. It either gets installed and verified as perfectly installed or an error is displayed and the installation is aborted.

None of that you must stand on one leg while installing the OS bull.

Regards
James

I agree with you James it's just like saying " What did you do just before it locked up" This is the most stupid question that anyone can ask and tells the person being asked the question the person asking the question knows nothing about anything!

There is an old English saying that covers this well " It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all form of doubt" so please if a KB locks up on someone, don't say " What did you do just before it locked up" Please.

Merry Christmas, to all of you, BTW did you buy enough batteries, bet not!

Tony

PS James the only thing Ketron know about checksum is the bottom line of their balance sheet when they rip us off with the Audya. James have you been out yesterday and dug the pochen up yet!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-24-2009).]

#278010 - 12/25/09 02:25 AM Re: Does anyone know why
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Merry Christmas, to all of you

You too mate.

Quote:
BTW did you buy enough batteries, bet not!

I did.
Crying shame Santa didn't leave a hacksaw and a blow torch as well though. His workshop in China got very carried away with the amount of metal wire used to hold little dolls items in place inside the cardboard boxes which were also encased in plastic.

Quote:
James the only thing Ketron know about checksum is the bottom line of their balance sheet when they rip us off with the Audya.

Simple answer to the problem is after OS 4.0 is released, a performance evaluation needs to take place at Ketron in they wish to stay in business.

Quote:
James have you been out yesterday and dug the pochen up yet!

Not yet but I promise you I will be in some serious state by 8 pm tonight.

James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online