Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The correct way to pronounce it is 'HOT'
And I mean sizzling!

Le S.

#277793 - 12/19/09 06:01 PM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Tiger Wood's Swedish wife, Elin... do you pronounce it as EEE-lin, with a "long E," (as in "tree") or as Eh-lin, with a "short E," (as in "egg")? I actually really do need to know the answer to this and a Google didn't solve it.

More later as to this mystery request.

Never mind all the variations in pronunciation. If you all want to get into that, it's pretty much a given that anyone anywhere only has to listen around in their own country to find varying dialects, they're endless.

Anyway, Sem-eye Live, care to unveil the 'mystery' yet? The world in all it's linguistic variety awaits with bated breath.

#277794 - 12/19/09 09:06 PM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I'm pretty sure I've heard Tiger himself, during interviews on golf shows, pronounce it Elin, with the long E.
DonM

He now pronounces it - GONE!!!
t.

#277795 - 12/19/09 09:09 PM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
tony mads usa Offline

As for "SemiLive" ... I think it is along the lines of "They wanted to hire LIVE music, but I was as close as they could get" ...
t.

#277796 - 12/19/09 11:05 PM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
The mystery is that I wrote a parody about Tiger Woods and the original melody was based on a Christmas carol. I researched it and found the publisher of the carol. I contacted them and the bad news is... they denied my request for a license. Due to the "sexual" nature of the lyric. I thought it was pretty tame! You should have seen the first version.

So, I have now written my own melody. I don't know if it will ever see the light of day but I played it at two gigs this week and it brought the house down both times. So, for my crazy friends, at least, it was a hit.

These types of things can go viral on youtube, etc. That is what I had it mind, haha. I dunno, I kinda got fired up but it'll probably never be sung after another week or so.

#277797 - 12/20/09 07:41 AM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
tony mads usa Offline

Bill ... get that thing on You Tube, man ... it might be something that gets played around the anniversary each year ...
t.

#277798 - 12/20/09 07:53 AM Re: OT - How do you pronounce "Elin?"
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
The mystery is that I wrote a parody about Tiger Woods and the original melody was based on a Christmas carol. I researched it and found the publisher of the carol. I contacted them and the bad news is... they denied my request for a license. Due to the "sexual" nature of the lyric. I thought it was pretty tame! You should have seen the first version.

So, I have now written my own melody. I don't know if it will ever see the light of day but I played it at two gigs this week and it brought the house down both times. So, for my crazy friends, at least, it was a hit.

These types of things can go viral on youtube, etc. That is what I had it mind, haha. I dunno, I kinda got fired up but it'll probably never be sung after another week or so.

Yay! It sounds like a lot of fun to me. Git 'er on You Tube, strike while the iron's hot - you've got to be a better looker than Susan Boyle . Hey, and just tell us what original carol your lyric was set to, then we can all get the original intent.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online