Topic Options
#277641 - 12/14/09 05:45 PM New Roland Home Arranger Piano
BBBB Offline

done

Edited by BBBB (09/03/18 08:18 AM)

#277642 - 12/14/09 10:13 PM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
miden Offline

Loc: The World
The word I get is they are. In a new KR series, probably released at NAMM in January.

I was told this ages ago by a contact who was then a guest (he is a dealer)at Roland Japan where they previewed the new Roland mega digital piano.

The Japan folk apparently mentioned arranger features in a new KR series of keyboards.

Of course whether it happens or not is anyone's guess, but the mail is strong.

Dennis

#277644 - 12/15/09 08:35 AM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Here's my opinion on Roland, which by the way was my favorite brand 10 yrs. ago. (This is just my opinion, so don't beat me up - I could be wrong, but this is how I see it.)

If Roland wants to make us sit up and take notice, they'd produce a new sound engine that competes with other manufacturers. Roland frustrates me by continuing to put out new keyboards with the same old tired voices which are light years behind in technology compared to other companies.

That's my main gripe with Roland and why I prefer other brands. Those old sounds must have paid for themselves by now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#277645 - 12/15/09 08:49 AM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Here's my opinion on Roland, which by the way was my favorite brand 10 yrs. ago. (This is just my opinion, so don't beat me up - I could be wrong, but this is how I see it.)

If Roland wants to make us sit up and take notice, they'd produce a new sound engine that competes with other manufacturers. Roland frustrates me by continuing to put out new keyboards with the same old tired voices which are light years behind in technology compared to other companies.

That's my main gripe with Roland and why I prefer other brands. Those old sounds must have paid for themselves by now.

The Roland Fantom G doesn't sound old at all. It's one of the best synths out there.

#277646 - 12/15/09 09:12 AM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:

Right on, Tim. I was interested in a Prelude, but I spent quite a bit of time on one while on my pre-Christams tour...the dealer let me take one back to the hotel.

Very disappointing, both in build quality (the keys were very cheap) and the same tired old voices. The styles were unremarkable, and reminded me of the older E-series.

I think they will lose a lot of customer confidence if they don't make another top of the line instrument with something fresh and ear catching.

I'm not putting down Roland per se, but it only makes sense that once they lose clients to another brand, it will be very tough getting them back again.

Ian

#277647 - 12/15/09 01:08 PM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Dennis: KR was great but not PORTABLE. Why can't they make a TOTL PORTABLE. Don't need fancy speakers,cabinetry,VIMA fluff etc. I like my E60 but would have bought E80 if it has 76 or 88 keys. They need to make a new series. I know the market is limited but just sayin'.
Cheers! Brian

That's what I am saying Brian. It apparently is a fully re-worked KR series. Nothing like the old ones, just re-introducing the tag.

Probably similar to Yamaha with their new CP series. Totally different to the original.

Dennis

#277649 - 12/15/09 02:21 PM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
FransN Offline

Yes Ian I agree I had the GW 8 but these are low end keyboards. The Yamaha low end PSR S550 also sound cheap. But the new sound engine of Roland as in their Fantom G series sound very good. Only if they create new keyboards with that engine.

#277650 - 12/15/09 02:53 PM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
ianmcnll Offline

The Prelude costs closer to a PSR-S710.

Compare them.

Ian

#277651 - 12/16/09 07:45 AM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
FransN Offline

Nope the psr S710 cost 200 Euro more here in the Netherlands. Its closer to the psr S550 and the psr will lose big comparing to the Roland Prelude.

#277652 - 12/16/09 08:35 AM Re: New Roland Home Arranger Piano
ianmcnll Offline

Here in Canada the price difference is about $100 between the Prelude and the PSR-S710, the latter being more expensive.

Here's a US site for comparison:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLPRELUDE

http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMPSRS710

That amount wouldn't keep someone in smokes for a month.

The PSR-S710 has style assembly and much better styles and sounds, in my opinion, anyway.

I didn't compare the GW-8 because it does not include speakers, but here it is anyway.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLGW8

And here is the PSR-S550.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMPSRS550

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 12-16-2009).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online