Topic Options
#277591 - 01/10/10 07:45 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by drumremix:
this is normal!
The operating system was being charged!
I do not show the result, just this sequence to make your mouth water

Audya OS4 charged with Nitrous Oxide, now I know why it will blow your socks off. Only thing I am going to have watering drumermix is my eyes, when it don't work!

Regards

I know that you are trying to keep up beat about the whole think, but why should I, I am a realist, I have nothing to feel confident about.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277592 - 01/10/10 12:55 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Saying Audya will water someones mouth is a funny statement, lolz, eyes maybe.

#277593 - 01/10/10 05:58 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Tony, but if OS4 doesn't fix your woes, all we need to hear is just that simple fact... Take your Audya back to the shop, get your money back IN FULL, and give us all a rest here. You are preaching to the choir.

Trouble was, you never DID pressure Ketron... You think bitching here to the point of absurdity actually does anything to Ketron? No, asking for your money back is applying pressure..! Organizing everybody that DOES have the same problems to return THEIR units is applying pressure. Filing a class action lawsuit against Ketron is applying pressure

But doing nothing more than come here and vent ad nauseam isn't exactly putting their feet to the fire.

How about giving US a rest, and directing your ire in a constructive way to Ketron?

#277594 - 01/10/10 10:18 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, Tony, but if OS4 doesn't fix your woes, all we need to hear is just that simple fact... Take your Audya back to the shop, get your money back IN FULL, and give us all a rest here. You are preaching to the choir.

Trouble was, you never DID pressure Ketron... You think bitching here to the point of absurdity actually does anything to Ketron? No, asking for your money back is applying pressure..! Organizing everybody that DOES have the same problems to return THEIR units is applying pressure. Filing a class action lawsuit against Ketron is applying pressure

But doing nothing more than come here and vent ad nauseam isn't exactly putting their feet to the fire.

How about giving US a rest, and directing your ire in a constructive way to Ketron?

Diki,

You’re on the money again I can't fault it, but when you have been told that the Audya is the best KB ever, by a dealer who has been in the business for 40 years you think WOW. Come to think of it has anyone on SZ said the Audya sounds are crap just the opposite most people says it’s the best sounding KB around. So I know your sick of it all and from what I hear it will all be over this week, or next. I can go back to my day job. Incidentally, Diki you don’t need to reply to my ramblings at all you can just read, take in or spew out, I think it’s a learning curve for us all, especially the younger member of SZ not to be taken in with people who have been in the business that long that they can’t see crap when they see it, they sell you something that they know is not just right but they choose to still sell it to you. Diki, just admit you are just as intrigued as we all are to see this to a final conclusion, I would like to get it right and Drumermix and AJ have both had a ticking off by Ketron, what the hell would they do to me if I was associated with them, a violin case on the door step and BOOM! Peace at last Diki and the Auyda still out there. I could write a freaking book about this saga, be like Dallas and you could play JR and me AJ, or I could just put you in the acknowledgements, that you have some positive input in me sending the KB back, that would be a great ending.

Have a good one .
Cheers Tony

PS Diki I have just read what I just wrote and I know I am losing the plot, it's all down to Audya not meeeeeeeeeeeeee! The prozac is wearing off I need something stronger! Hearsy Bars

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-10-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277595 - 01/11/10 07:49 AM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

OS 4.0 will blow everyone's socks off

as a matter of fact, it will be so good that even DIKI will buy one,

Diki, you will finally be able to play that C7 b10B13 chord, ALL in real audio :-)

#277596 - 01/11/10 07:53 AM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

OS 4.0 will BLOW everyone's socks off

as a matter of fact, it will be so good that even DIKI will buy an AUDYA,

Diki, you will finally be able to play that C7 b10B13 chord, ALL in real audio :-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 01-11-2010).]

#277597 - 01/11/10 08:03 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
OS 4.0 will BLOW everyone's socks off

as a matter of fact, it will be so good that even DIKI will buy an AUDYA,

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 01-11-2010).]

Leezone,

Will Audya have better echo on OS4 like you, look above, two items, two items, and what do you know about OS4 that Diki will have buy one, I don't think so, he may be sat on the fence waiting for it to all go OK, but not in his life time.

Cheers

#277598 - 01/11/10 08:09 AM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

i accidentally posted 2x,
maybe because OS4 will make AUDYA 2x better than any other arranger out there :-)

#277599 - 01/11/10 08:34 AM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

AJ, countdown still at 2?

#277600 - 01/11/10 03:07 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Posting twice is an example if lack of patience (the page doesn't come up immediately, so you hit 'Submit Reply' AGAIN, just out of frustration!)...

But, come to think of it, this entire thread (and the other Tony led epic odysseys ) probably fits the above description!

Tony thinks he'll be glad once it is all over. He's not the ONLY one, I guarantee!

It's a shame the old G70 Users Forum is not still up (it morphed into the Roland-Arranger.com site, but much of the original two or three year's worth of posts got left behind). To be honest, the bug forum was an exercise in how to communicate effectively about problems with the OS or operational aspects. We tracked down the issues for ourselves. We made SURE that we didn't call anything a 'bug' until it could be reliably repeated. We were (relatively!) patient, we were methodical, and the end result was, most bugs got fixed. Most 'wishlist' operational changes got made (or many of them, anyway!). Nobody had a heart attack And, at the end of the day, despite Roland NEVER contacting us directly (our Forum Admin had some 'back channel' direct communication he never made specific) we felt like we WERE getting stuff done.

Were I a Ketron user, were I Ketron, I would try to set up something like this. Nothing beats the feeling that, despite it being slower than you would LIKE, getting something done involves you and the R&D guys working together...

I believe I said from the start that the Audya was trying to bite off something a bit bigger than they could chew, but kudos to them for being crazy enough to go ahead and do it anyway! At least they made sure that the CONTENT of this semi-open arranger was the PRIMARY task for them. For all its' faults, at least THEY understood the arranger market, and provided knock your socks off CONTENT, without which it would have probably suffered the same fate as the MS.

It's obvious (from Don's posts) that there IS a workflow that doesn't crash the Audya, and he is ecstatic with his (to the point where he is selling his E80!). So, at this point, it's up to EVERYBODY with an Audya to try and sort this out, not just the beta team (who seem a little TOO enthusiastic - beta testers need to be steely eyed skeptics to be effective!) and Ketron. Venting don't get the job done. Cooperation, collectivism and some organization gets the job done! How much faster do you think these issues would get fixed if ALL Audya users were on it, rather than just a handful?

But Roland didn't organize the G70 Users Club. WE did it... (with their tacit cooperation). Your call, Ketron users, but if you want this thing FIXED, I'd think carefully about it...

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online