SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#277551 - 01/02/10 09:05 PM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

AJ,

when the countdown reaches 0 will the AUDYA automatically play "Auld Lang Syne"?

#277552 - 01/02/10 09:46 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
AJ,

when the countdown reaches 0 will the AUDYA automatically play "Auld Lang Syne"?

Leezone,

Yes 2011
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277553 - 01/03/10 02:23 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps the Mayan calendar could be used for Ketron updates?

2012 is supposed to be a very 'big' year, isn't it?

Personally, I STILL don't believe they should be using whole integers for these updates. This isn't OS 4 you are waiting for, it is OS 1.4... or to be more accurate OS 0.4beta. Until a product delivers what was initially promised in its' product announcement, how can it claim an OS 2 and upwards designation? Roland didn't add a whole extra digit for bugfix upgrades, simply 1.2, 1.3, etc.. Then, when they added a whole bunch of things not even MENTIONED in the initial release they allowed the OS to go up a whole integer.

My G70 is on OS 3. But if you used Ketron's system, it would be OS9 or more! But OS3 says a LOT more about what they actually have done to IMPROVE the overall OS, not fix gaffs and bugs.

This might seem a bit like splitting hairs, but the whole number designation is widely used around the computer industry to designate a brand new OS that adds features entirely new to the software. Windows would be at around OS 150 by now if they used Ketron's system. But even THEY are content with 7

Ketron needs to not crow about these bugfixes and basic feature unlocks as if they WERE major additions...

#277554 - 01/03/10 09:29 PM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Perhaps the Mayan calendar could be used for Ketron updates?

2012 is supposed to be a very 'big' year, isn't it?

Personally, I STILL don't believe they should be using whole integers for these updates. This isn't OS 4 you are waiting for, it is OS 1.4... or to be more accurate OS 0.4beta. Until a product delivers what was initially promised in its' product announcement, how can it claim an OS 2 and upwards designation? Roland didn't add a whole extra digit for bugfix upgrades, simply 1.2, 1.3, etc.. Then, when they added a whole bunch of things not even MENTIONED in the initial release they allowed the OS to go up a whole integer.

My G70 is on OS 3. But if you used Ketron's system, it would be OS9 or more! But OS3 says a LOT more about what they actually have done to IMPROVE the overall OS, not fix gaffs and bugs.

This might seem a bit like splitting hairs, but the whole number designation is widely used around the computer industry to designate a brand new OS that adds features entirely new to the software. Windows would be at around OS 150 by now if they used Ketron's system. But even THEY are content with 7

Ketron needs to not crow about these bugfixes and basic feature unlocks as if they WERE major additions...

Diki,

I get your drift about numbers but from what I understand and don't take my word for it, OS4 is a different animal, I’ve been told it will blow my socks off, this is ground breaking, mind boggling, World beating software, that’s why I am hanging on and not getting rid, I been sucked in, I’m like a rabbit caught in the headlights, drifting in the ether, Ketron have reduce me to a sniveling nobody, my doctor says I need counseling. Don’t believe a word I say, I have lost the plot, I don’t believe a word Ketron say, just wait and see, and personally Diki Ketron can do what they want with numbers OS4.0 Build 1560, just get the god dam thing right.

Mary Shelly
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277555 - 01/04/10 12:29 AM Re: Audya OS 4
to the genesys Offline

I think Ketron would need to market the Audya more aggressively if and when OS 4 is released.

They would need to highlight the additional improvements OS 4 has from OS 3.

As we all know when a company gives information about a product before it is released, the specs are subject to changed. So no user or skeptic should be surprised if a certain feature did not make it on the first release.

I suspect that OS 4 would be the last release for a while and then the next release of an OS would require some hardware changes.
Only time and Ketron will tell.

#277556 - 01/04/10 03:15 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
I’ve been told it will blow my socks off, this is ground breaking, mind boggling, World beating software,

lol... can't wait to see that considering that so far KETRON have not developed one single technology in the history of their company that is of interest to any other developer right now. In fact they are trailing well behind.

Ketron keyboards sell because they sound good and the styles are excellent. Simple as that and basic as hell.

They are a fish out of water with the Audya because it's feature list doesn't justify it's price.

Regards
James

#277557 - 01/04/10 04:24 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ketron said the same thing for OS2 and OS3... this is the one, all your problems are over, yada yada yada...

Send back your Audya, get your money back IN FULL, and tell them that when they actually DO get it all right, you'll buy another one. That's how you incentivize the buggers...

#277558 - 01/04/10 05:32 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ketron said the same thing for OS2 and OS3... this is the one, all your problems are over, yada yada yada...

Send back your Audya, get your money back IN FULL, and tell them that when they actually DO get it all right, you'll buy another one. That's how you incentivize the buggers...

That is actually good advice.
Here in the EU we can do things like that legally and at no cost to us at all. Surly there's some law like that in the US that also covers you when something does not function as advertised.

Regards
James

#277559 - 01/05/10 06:35 AM Re: Audya OS 4
leezone Offline

is the countdown now at 1.5?

#277560 - 01/05/10 06:47 AM Re: Audya OS 4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
is the countdown now at 1.5?

That's 10 days 1.5 weeks not rounded!

AJs like the little sparrow!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online