SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#277308 - 12/07/09 02:41 AM Re: OT: Spybot help needed ...
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi,
For those interested I ran the Combofix programme on a clean computer,so I thought before running the programme.
The end report was 3 pages long and a considerable number of deletions were made although unlike tony mads results the complete programme was completed in 10 minutes.
I have always considered my computer to be quick but this programme has made it even faster.This programme would be worth downloading and kept on you computer for any future bugs.

Gilbert.

#277309 - 12/07/09 05:33 AM Re: OT: Spybot help needed ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yes, Gilbert ... at the start of the program it says it should take about 10 minutes, but seriously infected files could take longer ...
t.

#277310 - 12/07/09 07:05 AM Re: OT: Spybot help needed ...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I ran the program too. Mine was pretty clean since my son checks it from time to time, but it did find a couple things and my PC does seem to be running quicker afterwards.

#277311 - 12/08/09 12:16 PM Re: OT: Spybot help needed ...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[b]SUCCESS!!!
Ya' know ... with all the BS that goes on in this forum, - and we oftimes don't hesitate to 'stick a hot poker in someone's eye' over something silly, - when one of us has a problem, the outpouring of help and support is really tremendous ...
I need to thank all of you who offered me advice during this 'problem' that I had with the pc virus, but mostly to cass and his son Andy who really stepped to the plate and hit a 'home run' for me ...
For cass to step in was one thing, but for his son to do likewise was far beyond expectations ...
And if the rest of you are smart, save that link to combofix.org ... All I had to do was D/L that software and let it run ... it look about 4 hours and I got a 12 page report of what it did (if I could understand half the stuff) - but it deleted/cleaned a ton of files, even one on the external drive I already had on the pc ...
I was then able to install and run malwarebytes, which the virus was stopping previously ...
Again, thanks everyone, for now I will sleep well tonight ...

t.

[/B]

and no off topic pee ing contest about macs, mine is better than yours... now that is a refreshing change of pace

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online