SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#277090 - 12/03/09 12:00 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I totally understand, all of the posts have been hijacked just to become an audya bashing. Instead of talking about features, undiscovered shortcuts, what can improve on our keyboards, etc. Some members just act like children. So please don't go dano, You have tremendous amount of knowledge about Ketron, that people should take advantage of your experience in keyboards.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 12-03-2009).]

#277091 - 12/03/09 12:32 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Dan- I had never even heard of Ketron until I found this forum a few weeks ago. Yamaha is the only arrangers sold in stores around here. Anyways I am very impressed from the samples I've heard and I hope my next keyboard will be a Ketron.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#277092 - 12/03/09 02:20 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I am sorry you feel that way.

I really don't know why I even try to defend the Ketron product or post on this forum.

I left when Diki was around and decided to come back when he was suspended.

I will leave again so that I can just read.

Life is way to short to read all this negativity on a product and company I worked for at one time and respect.

Merry Christmas.

Best of luck to all.

This is very childish. Boohoo they insult my favorite brand and now I don't post anymore. Please grow up.

#277093 - 12/03/09 05:14 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Guys, it IS possible to keep a civil debate about all this - always has been, always will be.

Some people overeact (in my opinion) by leaving, on the other hand, some people ARE just too blunt, short and abrasive without much regard to anyone's feelings or any attempt at diplomacy - all that under the guise of "revealing the truth" - Diki was most often guilty of this in my opinion.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#277094 - 12/03/09 08:01 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hellboy I think the only issue is that folks sometimes forget, this is text based!!

In the old days letter writing was a true art form. Being able to express exactly ones thoughts and feelings, with both the correct syntax and grammar, complete with punctuation, meant the receiver of the letter was able to "get inside the head" as it were, of the writer.

These days it's get to the point in as short a possible time, and forget any sort of grammar. We as humans are really designed for face-to-face communication, and once away from that we really need to consider very carefully our writen word construction.

In essence I think that is the only issue.

Time and again, folks on this forum have said if we were all in a room together we would all get along very well. I concur with that.

Folks do need to step back a little when reading a text message and try a little empathy with the poster.

I know I have been guilty of immediately jumping up and down (not literally) when reading a post, but then after a moments pause, realise there was no malice in a particular post, just someones opinion, and of course their complete right to express such an opinion. The same as they (I hope) give a post of mine the same respect and thought.

Dennis

#277095 - 12/03/09 09:12 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
124 Offline

And that, in a nutshell, is the whole crux of the matter. Well said, Dennis.

#277096 - 12/03/09 09:12 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
zuki Offline

Nice post Dennis

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#277097 - 12/03/09 09:57 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Hellboy I think the only issue is that folks sometimes forget, this is text based!!

In the old days letter writing was a true art form. Being able to express exactly ones thoughts and feelings, with both the correct syntax and grammar, complete with punctuation, meant the receiver of the letter was able to "get inside the head" as it were, of the writer.

These days it's get to the point in as short a possible time, and forget any sort of grammar. We as humans are really designed for face-to-face communication, and once away from that we really need to consider very carefully our writen word construction.

Time and again, folks on this forum have said if we were all in a room together we would all get along very well. I concur with that.

Folks do need to step back a little when reading a text message and try a little empathy with the poster.

I know I have been guilty of immediately jumping up and down (not literally) when reading a post, but then after a moments pause, realise there was no malice in a particular post, just someones opinion, and of course their complete right to express such an opinion. The same as they (I hope) give a post of mine the same respect and thought.
Dennis

Fairly said Dennis.

Ya know, I hope we all WOULD get on in a room together, but for mostly good reasons, (not just because we would all be within *ahem* arms reach of each other if you know what I mean!) nevertheless, that was the point of my post.

It IS text based and people CAN'T (fully) divine an original intention (good or ill) without getting in someone's head - or at least hearing the tone of their voice/seeing their face.

Therefore:

They really should choose their words carefully.

(I think maybe you're mainly talking about people's REACTION to the other person's posts - yes?)

I guess we can all have days where we're thin skinned (myself definitely included) - or more to the point, feeling good or bad about ourselves. The more confident we are in ourselves, the less defensive we are when someone questions our choice of Keyboard/P.A./Song/ etc etc

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 12-03-2009).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#277098 - 12/03/09 10:22 PM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

You can spit your dummies out and throw your toys out of your prams until the cows come home but I will not change my stance until such times as Ketron finish the product that I bought. There are some out there who are happy with Audya and that’s OK with me, but I am not happy, James has tried to explain the difference between the Audya and the Korg, I have explained the price difference. My next door neighbor drives a BMW and I have a Ford, good job Ketron don’t make cars. Look for God sack don’t take offence to the first line on this note about the toys and dummies, it’s not personnel it’s just business, if you can’t see what Ketron has done to the people who bought Audya then don’t reply to any of these threads cause I am having a rant about it. I am not going to be s***t on from a dizzy height and get rob at the same time, the Audya is not worth £4200.00 as it is now. James has spelt this all out to you chapter and verse and if anyone can argue has well has he plays and programs Korg then let the battle begin. If you like your Audya then turn away now!

Regards All

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-04-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277099 - 12/04/09 02:04 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

Dennis

I think you got it. The poster bashing a brand should be an adult and be able to express his or her self in a civilized way.
Once the original poster does things correctly, then it is up to the receiver of the post to also response civil.
Communication is a two way street.

It is made more difficult over the internet since we are not in physical reach of each other and we do not know each other.
But even being in physical proximity of each other does not necessarily guarantee civility.
You can have people arguing over things in a bar after a few drinks and can be very rood and loud. Or you can have persons discussing topics as they would in a coffee shop or public square.

I would like to think of Synthzone as a public square or coffee shop. But there are persons who have come from the bar after having 5 or 6 drinks and appear to have no other purpose than to talk trash about keyboards and OT things.

In communication tone and venue are very important.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online