SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#277080 - 12/03/09 02:26 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Well it only becomes a Audya bashing when one individual chimes in on how bad his Audya is.

James originally demonstrated how powerful Korg’s sound engine is. Which it has great sounds and features. I would like to own a korg in the future again. But for Korg to earn my business, I would like to see a better style assembly and fuller styles, especially in the latin section. I wasn’t try bash Korg, not at all. I used the Ketron SD5 example, (since the Audya is a completely different animal). I play a lot of latin music and over the past 10 years they’ve improved their keyboards, but never upgraded their latin section to the same degree. I don’t know if Korg reps read this site. It just input from a potential customer that would like to see more. Whether Korgs answers the calling in future models is up to them.

#277081 - 12/03/09 06:44 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I think we have gone well off topic which is ok I guess, but let me just say that to take two female voices and turn them into a number of new sounds and write songs with them is nothing short of amazing by any standards.

It takes one hell of a powerful sound engine to do all this. This is not about a “mine is better than yours”, I simply want to make people aware of just how advanced KORG keyboards are. Weather you use the engine yourself or not in this manner or to this level makes no difference, you still benefit from its abilities just by selecting the factory presets because the sound designers at KORG use every system to it's fullest to create those factory sounds.

Regarding the Audya .... and to go off topic again I personally don't think there is anything wrong with how it sounds that merit any sort of negative feedback. If I don't like it or any other keyboard over a Pa2X, then that's just a personal taste thing, it is in no way a negative slam down for the keyboard I might have compared against. Not everything has to measure up to the abilities of a KORG keyboard just for me to like it. There are just some certain expectations which define the keyboard and command respect. The Audya is one keyboard that does not even come close to meeting those expectations but the reason for this is Ketron and the state they released the keyboard in, so it has nothing to do with how it sounds. Never did and never will.

When I see the Audya I just think of Ketron releasing a keyboard long before it was even ready to be release in an attempted to turn a profit on a failed project. When I say failed project I mean a failure from the point of view that many of the targets ketron set out to reach where never meet and that the project ran well over budget and it's deadline. So to turn a profit they released a unfinished keyboard on their customers with the intentions of finishing it later. That to me is totally unacceptable for a number of reasons. The price is also in my opinion a result of the project overrunning and not the technology in the keyboard.

Anyway.... that's not what this thread is about.

Regards
James

#277082 - 12/03/09 08:02 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

When I see the Audya I just think of Ketron releasing a keyboard long before it was even ready to be release in an attempted to turn a profit on a failed project. When I say failed project I mean a failure from the point of view that many of the targets ketron set out to reach where never meet and that the project ran well over budget and it's deadline. So to turn a profit they released a unfinished keyboard on their customers with the intentions of finishing it later. That to me is totally unacceptable for a number of reasons. The price is also in my opinion a result of the project overrunning and not the technology in the keyboard.

Anyway.... that's not what this thread is about.

Regards
James

No James don't stop never mind going off thread, I think you were just getting to the interesting bit when you stopped.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277083 - 12/03/09 08:14 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
[b] Perhaps I started it, so I will remove my tune.

That's too bad, Dan...I thought it sounded great.

If you wish to visit my songs, you can visit http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

The song I posted is called "touched".

If you visit and listen to the songs, I don't see how any one can say that Ketron sounds thin.

Ketron Bashing is getting old.

Nice work.

Ian

[/B]

#277084 - 12/03/09 08:20 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Ketron bashing is old because Ketron is old
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#277085 - 12/03/09 08:33 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Dan,

I believe most of the Ketron bashing has been about the Audya's shortcomings and bugs...not it's sound.

Regarding other Ketron instruments, how they sound to one person will differ from how they sound to another, especially if they compare them with what they are presently using and/or promoting.

I think a Ketron, sounds like a Ketron...just like a Stratocaster and a Les Paul have their characteristic sound(s), so do keyboards from their respective manufacturers.

I think Ketron instruments sound great...they just don't sound like Yamaha, Roland or Korg; that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless you expect them to sound that way.

I've been on your site several times...you do some fine work, both with your compositions and your arrangements.

Ian

#277086 - 12/03/09 08:38 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Dan,

I believe most of the Ketron bashing has been about the Audya's shortcomings and bugs...not it's sound.

Regarding other Ketron instruments, how they sound to one person will differ from how they sound to another, especially if they compare them with what they are presently using and/or promoting.

I think a Ketron, sounds like a Ketron...just like a Stratocaster and a Les Paul have their characteristic sound(s), so do keyboards from their respective manufacturers.

I think Ketron instruments sound great...they just don't sound like Yamaha, Roland or Korg; that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless you expect them to sound that way.

I've been on your site several times...you do some fine work, both with your compositions and your arrangements.

Ian

+1

#277087 - 12/03/09 08:42 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
But the sound engine used, is the sampler, not necessary the on board sounds and not an arranger.

Sound Engine has NOTHING to do with the Onboard Sounds or the Sampler.
You can use Samples from wherever you like, the SE is just the tools to work with.

#277088 - 12/03/09 09:32 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Dan,

Ian

Ian,
I think you hit the nail on the head. Each manufacture has there own familiar sound. Yamaha & Korg similar in there own way, very polished cd like sound. Ketron sound are in it self, unique. I think more ruff around the edges, in your face type. To each his own. I think a lot of people who dislikes ketron sounds, are just that:

"they just don't sound like Yamaha, Roland or Korg; that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless you expect them to sound that way".

#277089 - 12/03/09 11:27 AM Re: Example of just how powerful KORG engines are.
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Ketron bashing is old because Ketron is old

I am sorry you feel that way.

I really don't know why I even try to defend the Ketron product or post on this forum.

I left when Diki was around and decided to come back when he was suspended.

I will leave again so that I can just read.

Life is way to short to read all this negativity on a product and company I worked for at one time and respect.

Merry Christmas.

Best of luck to all.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online