SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#276933 - 12/01/09 11:19 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:

Bill, how can you advocate permanent removal of Donny?

Because he has a heart of coal, and is jealous that Donny can sing better than he can.

Plus, he's getting into character for his role as Scrooge in Dayton's live presentation of The Christmas Carol.

I'm envious of Donny's great singing too, but I still want him back; if only to hear those dulcet tones once more and to gaze in awe at that stylish chicken hat, cocked at a rakish angle upon his Duke-ish of Url-ish dome.

Of course, the above is said with tongue firmly in cheek, and with the greatest respect and highest reverence for those mentioned.

Ian

#276934 - 12/02/09 02:37 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
You know, Nigel is walking a pretty fine line. I believe he only banishes people when things get pretty far out of hand.

Well the bickering between Donny and Diki began to hijack numerous threads ( unfair to everone else on those threads ) and that is why the ban was introduced. It was stupid, childish and they both knew eventually I would have to stomp on it. It wasn't constructive, cutting edge disagreement it was just schoolyard mentality.

They will both be back sometime. The holiday season is coming soon, who knows what Santa will bring.

#276935 - 12/02/09 03:34 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
OMG. This is putting a LOT of pressure on Diki and Donny. How disappointed are we going to be if, after their return, we're still bored. Wow, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Oh well, there's always OS4 to fall back on, plus, it's always fun deciphering Tony Hughes er, unique writing style .

chas

#276936 - 12/02/09 04:39 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Bill, how can you advocate permanent removal of Donny? His opinions are well known and he rarely does any real harm. It's a well-known fact the he and Diki are like magnets - they are attracted to each other in some ways, but in others they are complete opposites and repel (repulse) each other.

An explanation: I just think a grown man who has had multiple suspensions should be shown the door. This isn't Donny's Place or Bill's Place or Gary or Cass' Place. (It is, Nigel's Place, I suppose!) Other than Nigel, there isn't a single member who the SZ couldn't carry on without. Message boards change over time. It changed when Uncle Dave left...it changed when Esh left and it changed when Scott Yee left and so on. The SZ is still here.

I hate negativity. Music is challenging enough already without getting it from so-called experts on a website that's supposed to be generally encouraging.

IMO, the rudeness and repeat offenses outweighs the expertise and experience he offered. The back & forth with Diki just added to it.

Since it seems when and not if he'll be returning, I truly hope its different this time. If we finally just get the good stuff, then Nigel will have made the right call and I'll say so publicly. If Donny's finds himself in the middle of more bickering and negativity...Then, Nigel may have gone to the well once too often.

Nigel is a helluva decent guy with a long patience streak. Its to his credit that he's (again) hoping that things work out differently this time. Time will tell...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#276937 - 12/02/09 06:28 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Somewhere along the SZ yellow brick road - about two years ago, I believe - Donny changed from being a chippy, helpful ol' guy into a grumpy, spiteful old man. Was it because of new members or comments about his ways and means of entertaining? I don't know, but I know he changed. Maybe it was something altogether unrelated to the Zone, but has resulted in his changed behavior. I do know that Donny has always been friendly and helpful to me. He likes to use a lot of SMFs in his act, and that's too bad for some of the arranger purists here - I use them too. Have you ever compared DNJ's midis to the originals - they're a world apart. Donny probably spends as much, if not more, time grooming his songs as anyone on the SZ.

Diki has always had a sharp edge to his words - something we've all commented on at one time or another. I don't think all of it is meant to be mean-spirited. I think his sense of humor often gets lost in his pointed comments - maybe??? Anyway, they sometimes come across as mean and rough.

I do not condone Donny's or Diki's sniping. I think they have often been too rude and over the top - not my style or to my liking. I don't know how or why any of that happens, but it is not good. A little tension is fine and healthy, but Nigel and we cannot continue to let such acidic behavior eat away at the core of SZ. YET, many say they miss the diabolical duo, so something of value is there. I simply plead to D&D to reconsider their collective behaviors, attempt to see that we do want them here and come back with improved and restrained attitudes and comments.

This is JMHO, and probably doesn't make much sense anyway, but I felt I had to say something.

#276938 - 12/02/09 06:35 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
The holiday season is coming soon, who knows what Santa will bring.

Well, if it's a choice between Donny and a bottle of Bushmills, I'll take............. never mind.

chas

#276939 - 12/02/09 08:29 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:

They will both be back sometime. The holiday season is coming soon, who knows what Santa will bring.

Well, I admire the confidence/optimism/hopes(?) of many here for the return of the "D&D Show", even you Nigel; and you may be right.

I'm not sure about Donny, but in Diki's case it may well be he's taken the stance that "you can stick it up yer jacksy, bruvver". This, of course, is pure speculation on my part. Time will tell.

#276940 - 12/02/09 09:01 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I haven't seen Diki surface in several days at Roland Arranger, which appears to be rather dormant.

I think Seamaster has left SZ as well; probably will return when Diki comes back...if he does?

I hear from Donny quite often...he's doing well...busy gigging.

Ian

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online