SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#276869 - 11/28/09 09:59 PM would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I thought I'd start a new thread here about the Korg Musikant.

Would enough of you be interested in purchasing the Musikant USB stick (with the different dance styles on it) that one of the retailers in this room (Frank, George, etc) could import them?

I think this is the only way I'm going to hear the different patterns. Hopefully these European styles will motivate me to purchase that PA2xPRO!

Lucky

#276870 - 11/29/09 07:08 AM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
zuki Offline

Lucky,

Yes, I'd be interested in knowing more about this stick and other add-on stuff available for my PA800.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#276871 - 11/29/09 10:11 AM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
From what I can see this is totaly a "European" flavored product. Not interested. If only Korg USA made one for the US market?? I would buy it in a heart beat!

#276872 - 11/29/09 12:38 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
124 Offline

Yep, I have half a dozen or more schlagers already in my Pa1XPro. More than enough for what I need.

#276873 - 11/29/09 03:13 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes but many German songs are covers from American songs so not all styles are European flavored. In fact I believe only 30 styles are really German (schlagers, Folk Music}.

#276874 - 11/29/09 04:36 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

As for me, I don't consider those dance styles the demonstrator used for these songs as "European flavored:"

Jailhouse Rock
Satisfaction
The Walk of Life
Bad Moon Rising

If the rest of the styles are as down home as these are, that's all the impetus I need to buy myself a new keyboard so I can play them.

I consider the Musikant USB stick to be a euphemism for expanding my musical world and an acrnym for "Uplifting Styles (that kick) Butt"

Lucky

#276875 - 11/29/09 07:28 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lucky,
quite a number of the styles I've listened to so far, appear to be the same as the onboard styles even though the names differ.
Some of them actually sound better than the onboard version even though they're only using internal sounds, not the Musikant sounds, so I can only assume they've been tweaked to make them sound a bit warmer?? for want of a better term.

Note
the site mentions
New User Sounds ( drumkits,percussionetc)
Doesn't really say "336 New Styles" http://tinyurl.com/ydfkre2

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[B]I thought I'd start a new thread here about the Korg Musikant.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#276876 - 11/30/09 09:10 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:

Originally posted by rikkisbears:
quite a number of the styles I've listened to so far, appear to be the same as the onboard styles even though the names differ.

Some of them actually sound better than the onboard version even though they're only using internal sounds, not the Musikant sounds, so I can only assume they've been tweaked to make them sound a bit warmer?? for want of a better term.

Hi Rikki,

Thanks for your message here. Sometimes I think you’re the only one that gets deep into a situation like this where actual “music” is involved.

Could you wrote over again what you wrote above? I was able to open your tinyurl but when I went to do it again, it wouldn’t open so I don’t remember what the site said.

How did you listen and what did you listen to with the Musikant stuff? I think you said you had a PA-500. So….you were comparing Musikant sounds (from the computer) to what you had there?

You wrote: “Some of them actually sound better than the onboard version even though they're only using internal sounds, not the Musikant sounds,”

I’m not sure I understand that. And…can you or someone explain to me how sounds can be changed. I’m very used to the analog synths, but I’m afraid I’m not keeping up with new technology. I thought that the “sound generator” (oscillators in the old synths) produced a particular sound and that can’t be changed by what’s on the USB stick? That you can only download the dance patterns?

This is wearing me out. You get little to NO answers from KorgUSA. The German site seems to be the complete opposite (but, unfortunately in German!). The web site alone is tantalizing, the many demonstrators, and that wonderful European music that I weaned myself on.

I was listening to the dance styles and sounds here. Very impressed with most of them…
The big band had me tapping my feet in the library...nice cha-cha and rhumba...organs were incredible (though I thought the accordions...and the tango...and the trumpet were a bit limp)
http://www.korg.de/nc/produkte/keyboards...duktinfo-2.html
I also sent another message to Frans about the dance styles:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/020439-2.html

Lucky

#276877 - 12/01/09 07:03 AM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Rikki,

Thanks, but don't take the time to address what I wrote above. I have a Wayne Dyer Spiritual attitude about life. If something doesn't go smoothly, then you're going in the wrong direction.

And this "buy a new keyboard" idea I've had for a year now doesn't quite fit into the groove, no matter HOW good I like these Korg styles.

I'm going to take a ride up to FrankieV's place when I get time and ask him to show me what it can do. He's good at that. Also I can listen more closely to the onboard styles.

Lucky

#276878 - 12/01/09 12:49 PM Re: would you want to purchase a Korg Musikant USB stick?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lucky,
I'd already sent you a short email in regards to the above.

Your best shot is to go and try one at Frank's and see if you do like it. You really can't go on demo's.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[B]Rikki,

Thanks, but don't take the time to address what I wrote above.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online