SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#276662 - 11/24/09 03:44 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Age has nothing to do with whether that kind of behaviour is acceptable. If you dont have a level of moral background then anything goes at any age. I know lots of 25 year olds that would be quite shocked at this kind of behaviour.

#276663 - 11/24/09 03:48 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I don't think it's a "God given right" to set standards, I think it is a God given RESPONSIBILITY !!! ... without standards what are we? ... without standards, why is it not right for me to steal someone else's property, or to bring it to the extreme, take someone else's life, if that is what [b]I think is right?

....but with the moral decay in this country due in large part to the lowering of standards

t.

[/B]

....steal someone else's property?

....take someone's life?

....moral decay?

I'll tell you what I think 'moral decay' is.

Effectively committing genocide on an entire population of Native Americans.

Kidnapping and then enslaving ten generations of Africans in this country.

Burning women at the stake (in Salem, Mass.)in the name of religion.

Dropping a nuclear bomb on hundreds of thousands of civilians....twice.

Invading (and destroying) a country that had neither attacked nor threatened to attack us, killing thousands of civilians in the process.

Polluting our planet to the point of causing the extinction of hundreds of species a year and making it less and less habitable. If we care about our children so much, shouldn't we be concerned about that?

I'd say we had a long history of 'moral decay' which continues to this day. But it's much more comfortable to ignore issues like these and save our real moral outrage for some guy (Adam who?) grabbing his crotch on public tv (God save us).

I know you're all good guys that mean well but I question whether it's worth all your energy. You know what. Go help build a house with Habitat for Humanity, volunteer in some soup kitchen or homeless shelter. The VERY BEST way to teach your kids or grandkids, BY EXAMPLE.

chas

#276664 - 11/24/09 03:52 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cgiles:

....take someone's life?

....moral decay?

Invading (and destroying) a country that had neither attacked nor threatened to attack us, killing thousands of civilians in the process.

Polluting our planet to the point of causing the extinction of hundreds of species a year and making it less and less habitable. If we care about our children so much, shouldn't we be concerned about that?

I'd say we had a long history of 'moral decay' which continues to this day. But it's much more comfortable to ignore issues like these and save our real moral outrage for some guy (Adam who?) grabbing his crotch on public tv (God save us).

I know you're all good guys that mean well but I question whether it's worth all your energy. You know what. Go help build a house with Habitat for Humanity, volunteer in some soup kitchen or homeless shelter. The VERY BEST way to teach your kids or grandkids, BY EXAMPLE.

chas
[/QUOTE

Thank you, Chas.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#276665 - 11/24/09 03:57 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

....take someone's life?

....moral decay?

chas

Well said, Chas...my sentiments are much the same.

Ian

#276666 - 11/24/09 05:31 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... perhaps if some people let their outrage be known in those times, those deeds would not have taken place ...

and please don't EVER think you have to tell me what to do for my fellow man !!!

t.

#276667 - 11/24/09 07:03 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
please don't EVER think you have to tell me what to do for my fellow man !!!

t.

Sorry Tony, I guess I'm not expressing myself very clearly. I wasn't telling you or anyone else what to do for your fellow man; I was merely trying to show/promote the concept of 'teaching by example'. Too much misunderstanding going on, I'm bowing out of this before more damage is done through misinterpretation.

chas

#276668 - 11/24/09 08:05 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Sorry Tony, I guess I'm not expressing myself very clearly. I wasn't telling you or anyone else what to do for your fellow man; I was merely trying to show/promote the concept of 'teaching by example'. Too much misunderstanding going on, I'm bowing out of this before more damage is done through misinterpretation.

chas

Then I am sorry for the misinterpretation and I too will bow out, as friends ...
t.

#276669 - 11/25/09 07:13 AM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thank you both for bowing out. It was getting difficult to follow any further. Chas, I tried to keep your unique sense of humor and point of view in mind as I read, but I see how easy it is to misconstrue some of your comments. T, I've never seen you so passionate about a topic.

Peace, and let the guy have his 16 minutes of fame and let's be done with it.

#276670 - 11/25/09 07:41 AM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

cass ... you got mail ...
t.

#276671 - 11/25/09 07:42 AM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Well said, Chas. Believe me, I share your opinions and appreciate the sincere, articulate way you expressed them. Kind of makes "little ole Adam" grabbing whatever he wants a non-issue to me (unnecessary, though).

R.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online