Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#276054 - 11/25/09 08:28 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
But the German PA500, if that's your choice, may not be availabe outside of Europe.

Regards

Taike

Taike you can look for an online store who can sent it to your country. Or ask your music store to import one for you.

#276055 - 11/26/09 08:54 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Frans,

Is this correct?

The Musikant comes with dance styles that are different from the American version? Do you know if they are ALL different, or just some of them?

The USB stick is NOT a copy of what's already inside the Musikant. It has all new and different dance styles (and sounds?)?

The Jailhouse Rock (and the other demos) I heard....those dance styles are IN the keyboard or on the USB stick?

Is there a listing of dance styles both in the Musikant AND on the USB stick (even if it's in German)?

You said on another thread to order one from Germany through your local music store. Is that a real possibility? Do they have dual voltage?

I really like that keyboard in black. The blue they have here is my latest favorite color...enough to stop me from purchasing one in blue!

Looking forward to your reply.

Lucky

#276056 - 11/27/09 08:08 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Hi Lucky
Here some answers

The Musikant comes with dance styles that are different from the American version? Do you know if they are ALL different, or just some of them?

Answer: Yes as far as I know they are all different.

The USB stick is NOT a copy of what's already inside the Musikant. It has all new and different dance styles (and sounds?)?

Answer: The USB stick contains exactly the same as the keyboard version.

The Jailhouse Rock (and the other demos) I heard....those dance styles are IN the keyboard or on the USB stick?

Answer:
On both the keyboard and the USB stick.

Is there a listing of dance styles both in the Musikant AND on the USB stick (even if it's in German)?

Answer: Yes in the end of the manual http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/pdf/pa500Local/Pa500-MK-119UM-GER.pdf

You said on another thread to order one from Germany through your local music store. Is that a real possibility? Do they have dual voltage?

Answer:
There you got me I didn't think about the voltage. This question you have to ask your local store.

I really like that keyboard in black. The blue they have here is my latest favorite color...enough to stop me from purchasing one in blue!

Looking forward to your reply.

Lucky

#276057 - 11/27/09 07:29 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Frans,

Thanks again, you've been real helpful.

That "manual" download is too big for me. But I found the style listing here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46971&sid=bccc2a1eb51b0f68d96b91c007fe8d98

and the demo's here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=musikant+korg&search_type=&aq=f

I did a lot of Internet research and with what you wrote and what I found on the Net, I'm more familiar with it all now.

Correct this if it's wrong:

The USB stick has the same 320 dance styles on it that are in the Musikant. The American PA-800 and PA2xPRO have USB ports and will read the USB (Musikant) stick. The PA-500 can NOT read the USB stick.

I mentioned that I'm not familiar at all with Korg keyboards. I telephoned KorgUSA here in America, but they were no help at all. The usual for them.

All that's left now is for me to somehow hear some of those styles. The (American) PA2xPRO dance styles are too sterile for my tastes, but I like what I heard from that Musikant so far.

Lucky

#276058 - 11/28/09 09:18 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

The USB stick has the same 320 dance styles on it that are in the Musikant. The American PA-800 and PA2xPRO have USB ports and will read the USB (Musikant) stick. The PA-500 can NOT read the USB stick.

Answer: Yes Lucky thats correct. The best deal is a PA800 with the USB musikant stick.

Here in the Netherlands Korg is more helpful. It's a shame that they can't help you. No wonder Yamaha is more popular in the USA.

#276059 - 11/30/09 08:43 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Frans,

I've been viewing Internet sites about the Musikant. I'm confused again. Telephoning KorgUSA is like talking to a revolving door! Can you view these questions for me again?

Is there a German PA-500....AND....the Musikant? Or the Musikant IS the German PA-500?

Now...the confusion comes from the dance styles.

Do the following all have the same 320 dance styles in them?:

Musikant
PA-500 (German version IF there is one)
PA-800 (German version)
PA2xPRO
and...the American versions of the three I just listed

I went to this site and was VERY impressed with the sounds and dance patterns:
http://www.korg.de/nc/produkte/keyboards...duktinfo-2.html

Where actually do those styles he used to play Jailhouse Rock, Satisfaction, Walk of Life, etc come from? Which keyboard or just the USB stick?

Is Jrgen Sartorius a top player in Germany or is he just a good demonstrator?

Thanks again for your help here.

Lucky

#276060 - 11/30/09 09:21 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Lucky,

The Musikant IS the German PA500. Easy to distinguish by its black color which looks better than the blue version.

Here's the homepage of Jurgen:
http://www.juergensartorius.de/

I'm sure that, if you were to contact him, he'd answer all of your questions.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#276061 - 12/01/09 08:10 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Frans,

I've been viewing Internet sites about the Musikant. I'm confused again. Telephoning KorgUSA is like talking to a revolving door! Can you view these questions for me again?

Is there a German PA-500....AND....the Musikant? Or the Musikant IS the German PA-500?

Now...the confusion comes from the dance styles.

Do the following all have the same 320 dance styles in them?:

Musikant
PA-500 (German version IF there is one)
PA-800 (German version)
PA2xPRO
and...the American versions of the three I just listed

I went to this site and was VERY impressed with the sounds and dance patterns:
http://www.korg.de/nc/produkte/keyboards...duktinfo-2.html

Where actually do those styles he used to play Jailhouse Rock, Satisfaction, Walk of Life, etc come from? Which keyboard or just the USB stick?

Is Jrgen Sartorius a top player in Germany or is he just a good demonstrator?

Thanks again for your help here.

Lucky

Lucky there is no German PA800. If you buy a PA800 you also need to buy the USB Musikant stick to get the styles available on the PA500 Musikant keyboard version.

I have some good news. The PA500 Musikant is totally compatible with the international PA500. That means if you buy the Musikant you get about 200 sounds more then the international PA500 for the same price. And if someone is so nice to sent you the styles of the international PA500
then you both the styles of the Musikant and the international PA500. The only disadvantage is that the keyboard is in german including the manual and the help funtion.

The styles Jrgen Sartorius played are on both the stick and the PA500 Musikant keyboard. Here are some more demos of the PA500 Musikant http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa500loc_demo.html?en

#276062 - 12/01/09 10:14 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Lucky there is no German PA800. If you buy a PA800 you also need to buy the USB Musikant stick to get the styles available on the PA500 Musikant keyboard version.

The styles Jrgen Sartorius played are on both the stick and the PA500 Musikant keyboard.

Thanks Frans, it doesn't get much clearer than that.

I did some "surfing" last night and found those demo's on the German site. They really whet my appetite for playing. I particularly like the Big Bands and the Cha-Cha.

The ones I've heard here are too sterile, too clean...not a lot of "feel" to them. But then again with that many styles on the machine, I'm sure I haven't heard them all.

The arranger market here is so sad. If you want a high end keyboard, you have to go with the "luck of the draw!" Buy one and hope it's what you're looking for, 'cause at $4,000, and with our current economic situation, you're not going to be able to unload it that easy!

I'm going to look further into what styles are available and "where?" But I'll wait until I see what's unveiled at the winter NAMM before making a decision.

Lucky

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online