Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#276034 - 11/22/09 08:58 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Someone please explain the USB stick + the Pa500. The 500 uses SD for external memory - and that only for styles and songs, not voices. What am I missing here?

Tim

The demo is the PA500 Muzikant. This is the German version of the PA500. This version is also available on USB stick so you can use it on a PA800 and PA2X Pro. The PA500 international version don't have USB so you can't use it on the international PA500.
See http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa500loc_info.html?en for all the special versions of the Korg PA500.

#276035 - 11/22/09 09:23 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
So there is no North America/USA/Canada specific model...not enough Korg arrangers sold in this part of the world to warrant a special model?

#276036 - 11/22/09 09:29 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So there is no North America/USA/Canada specific model...not enough Korg arrangers sold in this part of the world to warrant a special model?

The PA500 is the North America/USA/Canada/Europe model

#276037 - 11/22/09 09:34 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
ianmcnll Offline

So, you can't use the stick on it then?

That's a bit of an oversight, don't you think?

#276038 - 11/22/09 09:59 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Maybe there is adapters to find, or as easy as copy from USB stick into SD card?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276039 - 11/22/09 10:06 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
ianmcnll Offline

Although, GJ, perhaps the idea of the stick was to protect the data from being shared.

If you can get it off the stick and into your PC (to put on your SD card), then it seems that there's no more control over where the data will go.

Maybe they'll offer a specific SD card for North American users?

Ian

#276040 - 11/22/09 03:32 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So, you can't use the stick on it then?

That's a bit of an oversight, don't you think?

Not really. The PA500 don't have a sample fuction and the Musikant Stick have samples you must load in the PA800 and/or PA2X Pro to make it compatible with the musikant. But if you buy the PA500 Musikant and the normal PA500 together its still cheaper then a PA800 .

#276041 - 11/22/09 09:09 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:

Jailhouse Rock
Satisfaction
The Walk of Life
Bad Moon Rising

Are these stock rhythms and are they the same in the PA2xPRO?

Lucky

I read all the messages here and I'm MORE confused.

Are you saying that those styles (above) are on a USB stick that gets inserted into the American model PA2xPRO.

Also, how is the German PA2xPRO different from the American version?

Lucky

#276042 - 11/23/09 01:37 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I read all the messages here and I'm MORE confused.

Are you saying that those styles (above) are on a USB stick that gets inserted into the American model PA2xPRO.

Also, how is the German PA2xPRO different from the American version?

Lucky

I don't think there's a German PA2xPRO, Lucky.

Pa500 Musikant

Exclusively for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

A keyboard built by entertainers for entertainers

The Pa500 Musikant is the ideal instrument for all the musicians of the German-speaking world, which preferably play entertainment, dance and folk music and place great emphasis on local sounds and rhythms! Developed by entertainers for entertainers, it offers everything you need for successful music-making. No matter whether you play for the most demanding audience, or simply at home for fun the Musikant is the most reliable and best equipped key board of its class!

Flexible party guarantor

As a musician for different situations during ceremonies, celebrations or events, you have to offer always the right music. For this reason, you need a reliable keyboard with captivating sounds, that gives you the opportunity of covering different musical needs, while saving from time-intensive programming work, or having to buy additional expensive software. We do justice now to this heart desire! The Pa500 Musikant is the first and only keyboard equipped in one blow with all that music, which you need in this country for an ideal appearance. Whether you are in a wedding party, at a fair, at a birthday, at a meeting, in a club or in the middle of a luxury cruise, the Musikant offers you the full range of styles and national typical sounds.

He speaks German

For the first time in the history of entertainment keyboards, the style, sound and performance banks are labeled in German. For example, do you need a schlager? Simply press the Schlager style button, and you get the extensive selection of all schlager styles contained in the Pa500 Musikant. If you look for a particular akkordeon, select the Akkordeon sound button. But thats not all: all the sounds, styles, songbook entries, performances, STS and pads are in German.

In addition there is a German-speaking, context-sensitive help system that makes the Pa500 Musikant very simple and clear to operate even for beginners. Curing even the smallest details was a basic concept while developing a keyboard dedicated to German-speaking musicians, something you will never want to miss again.

Oh...it's not blue but black.

Some demos to be found on the German site:
http://www.korg.de/nc/produkte/keyboards...duktinfo-2.html

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#276043 - 11/23/09 07:45 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Thanks Taike,

I understand now what it is. I also called Korg today to inquire about it...they had no info on it.

So this keyboard looks exactly the same as the American version except for the color?

My main interest is the dance styles. They're different from the ones we get here? And I assume that's where Jailhouse Rock, etc came from....the basic styles in that Musikante?

The reason I'm so interested is that I have been both American and European trained. The PA2xPRO whets my appetite but much of it is too contemporary for me to spend that much money. I like what this Musikante is all about.

Lucky

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online