Topic Options
#276024 - 11/20/09 11:37 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Nice!

I really like this way to demo, humorisic and fun, as well as
good playing.
If I go for a PA2X Pro, I got to have that USB stick as well....

Cheers

GJ

Jonny what do you mean IF you go for the PA2X - you would be mad to buy anything else
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276025 - 11/20/09 02:40 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
then my ears have gone walkabout. I guess you have to take into account the sound systems the instrument is played through but although the demonstrator was terrific and Ketron would do well to consider who they use to demonstrate the Audya, this demo did not sound better than the Audya demos i have heard. I am talking about actual sounds. Something isnt quite right because the pianos sounded toyish and the guitars sounded like GM guitars. I own the PA1X and i know for a fact my PAx sounds better that this without any doubt in my mind. I am playing the old PA1X demos right now on the same computer speakers and the difference is night and day

#276026 - 11/20/09 02:51 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:

Jonny what do you mean IF you go for the PA2X - you would be mad to buy anything else

To be honest, I've been tempted to go for PA2X Pro for some time, but my experience with the SD1
made me believe in that Audya would be the right thing for me.
The only matters that made me hold back to buy (as I said so many times now), are the pricelevel
they put Audya into in this country compared to rest of the world.

So, now I'm just lurking at the fence to see what happening. Does Audya grow up from the stage of
"children's disease", does Korg or maybe Roland release a high end followup in the near future,
or (as some people whisper about), will Casio give us a big surprice by put a new high end model
who really sets a new arranger keyboard standard into the market?

Exciting times, in the meantime I'll try keep the dust off of the G-70. Just pushing the power on
button, select some styles and sounds and play it as it is. No deep diving into things that need
lots of brain activity, just play, relax and enjoy the moments.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276027 - 11/20/09 03:50 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Fran

can you get this in the uk

Wow what an enthusiasm.
Yes Tony you can buy the usb stick online for example here http://www.musik-produktiv.de/korg-musikant-usb-stick.aspx

#276028 - 11/20/09 03:58 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
then my ears have gone walkabout. I guess you have to take into account the sound systems the instrument is played through but although the demonstrator was terrific and Ketron would do well to consider who they use to demonstrate the Audya, this demo did not sound better than the Audya demos i have heard. I am talking about actual sounds. Something isnt quite right because the pianos sounded toyish and the guitars sounded like GM guitars. I own the PA1X and i know for a fact my PAx sounds better that this without any doubt in my mind. I am playing the old PA1X demos right now on the same computer speakers and the difference is night and day

Don't forget you listen to a youtube video.
And the PA500 is 3500 Euro cheaper here in the Netherlands then the Audya.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-20-2009).]

#276029 - 11/20/09 10:22 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
[Balthough the demonstrator was terrific and Ketron would do well to consider who they use to demonstrate the Audya[/B]

Glad you spotted that about the demonstrator as well or I would be accused of being totally bias. But when I say I think that demo of the 500 was better the my Audya, I am listening to the demo through PC speakers and I am play the Audya through a brand new set of SR 500, so come on is that a fair test for the KORG, if the 500 sounded better through PC speakers than my Audya through a set of SR then I am lost for words.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276030 - 11/21/09 09:28 PM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Lucky2Bhere Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ07XqtGij4
KORG TV / PA500 Musikant mit Jürgen Sartorius / Teil 3

Now demos like this is what sells keyboards!

I liked those beats on the following songs:

Jailhouse Rock
Satisfaction
The Walk of Life
Bad Moon Rising

Are these “stock” rhythms and are they the same in the PA2xPRO?

Also…..what is that box or book he has in his hands halfway through the video?

What does one do with the USB stick?

I have a feeling Korg is going to be the new kid on the block now, making up for all the time they lagged behind Roland in the early arranger days.

Lucky

#276031 - 11/22/09 12:38 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I think what he actually demoes is the Korg Musikant USB Stick by use of the PA500.
As far as I understand, it's also compatible to the other Korh PA's.

- Special Entertainer PCM-Multisamples
- New Entertainer Drum- und Percussionsamples
- New Entertainer Drumkits
- 320 Entertainerstyles
- 128 new Usersounds
- 82 new Pads und Padsequenzes
- More than 600 Songbook titles (My german is bad, so maybe it is Songbook setups)

Great consept, and not that heavy priced either if you look at what you get for te money.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276032 - 11/22/09 02:47 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Someone please explain the USB stick + the Pa500. The 500 uses SD for external memory - and that only for styles and songs, not voices. What am I missing here?

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#276033 - 11/22/09 08:39 AM Re: Demo Korg Musikant
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Someone please explain the USB stick + the Pa500. The 500 uses SD for external memory - and that only for styles and songs, not voices. What am I missing here?

Tim

My guess is that it has something to do with copy protection. The only need for the memory stick is to likely supply the data in a format that makes it difficult to copy.

Regards
James

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online