SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#275978 - 11/22/09 06:40 PM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wing: I tested it!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
The Korg PA-800 has built in speakers, as well as Roland's recently departed E-80...I would say they are TOTL arrangers.

I can't comment on the Roland because I don't really know where they stand right now in the market and if they are going to push forward with flagship arrangers.

But if you take KORG, the Pa800 is the budget version of the Pa2X and so that kind of reinforces what I'm saying here.

KORG add to this a little bit more than others do too to make the separation. For example, take the Pa1X Pro and the Pa1X. The pro edition is made from metal and has no speakers, and the standard version is made from plastic and does have speaker.

Even back as far as the i-Series. i30 no speakers, lower models did have speakers.

Yamaha PSR 9000 and the PSR 9000 Pro, again one with and one without speakers.

The Tyros Series 1, 2 and 3. Now speakers and not even standard.

Ketron Audya... again no speakers.

Regards
James

#275979 - 11/22/09 07:01 PM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wing: I tested it!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm very curious to what Roland is up to...or...in this case, down to, as it seems it's only lower end arranger instruments for now.

The Tyros sort of covers both pro and home, so Yamaha has not needed an extra model, and I don't think we'll see a 76'er in this instrument....only way would be if the pro division picks up the torch, and does a combination 88/76 Motif-Tyros hybrid based arranger with arps, full featured sequencer and auto accompaniment in one (or two) instruments.

I wouldn't buy a digital piano without speakers either...I like the feeling the vibration imparts to the fingers, and the stereo separation in front of me....like a piano!

The S910 sort of does a similar thing...more intimate when the speakers are so close, and pointing up at you.

It's too bad things sometimes get defined that way....speakers on-board not being pro.

The CP-300 I had here had built in speakers, and awesome they were...as loud and as good as my MS60S monitors, but it was 62 lbs without the road case...eeeeek!

Today, it's give me something light (under 30 lbs) and something with speakers, and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn if it's considered non-pro.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online