SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#275891 - 11/19/09 01:22 PM Re: Latin Styles
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No problemo! Do you happen to know Vince Ramos from Houston? He uses an SD1, and does a wide variety of Latin and Italian music. I'm certain he will be here to check out the Audya. He has been a Ketron rep for many years.
Don

#275892 - 11/19/09 06:20 PM Re: Latin Styles
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
No, I don't know Vince Ramos but I'll look him up.

Thanks again guys for the links and emails of Latin styles. So far I haven't found many usable syles. I know there are desent Latin syles out there for the Yamaha but I can't find them. I was in Mexico City last summer a heard a guy playing a psr 900 and he had some nice cumbias amd merengues. He told me he would sind some files but it never happened. If anyone knows were I could get some good authentic latin, please let me know. Gracias por su ayuda.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#275893 - 11/20/09 06:53 AM Re: Latin Styles
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The biggest problem with style files is there are so many bad ones out there. I would suggest going to www.psrtutorial.com and click on the styles tab. You'll find thousands upon thousands there, many of which can be categorized from fair to good. A significant number, however, rage from good to excellent, and a small percentage could be placed in the outstanding category.

Of course there's another option. You have an outstanding keyboard, one that has a wonderful program called Style Creator, onboard. If you happen to find a style file that is close to what you are looking for, you can run it through the program, change any instrument, remove or add instruments, and a huge number of other features, then save this information to the style.

In addition to the style files, you'll also find detailed instructions for using Style Creator at the same web site.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#275894 - 11/20/09 08:09 AM Re: Latin Styles
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
A couple things came to the surface of my mind while reading the above posts.
A couple of days ago I cranked up the psr9000 to see if it still works ok as it has been sitting a long while. I was amazed at what a good keyboard that is and immediately begin to wonder why I bought the tyros 2 which I hardly ever play anymore favoring the Roland E 80 much more.
the other thing that a post above brought to mind is that I have invested well over 100,000.00 in my recording studio and today it probably has a net worth of maybe $10K. Now days most of it just sits. What a waste.
time for a big sale.
Bebop

#275895 - 11/20/09 02:16 PM Re: Latin Styles
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I have invested well over 100,000.00 in my recording studio and today it probably has a net worth of maybe $10K. Now days most of it just sits. What a waste.
time for a big sale.
Bebop

Bebop, you've got plenty of company. That's one of the downsides of lightning-fast technological advances. While that old Steinway keeps increasing in value, modern electronic keyboards seem to have a half-life of about 3 months. Good for the economy, though; at least the Italian and Japanese economy . Damn, it's hard waiting for my new VP770 to ship. Anybody interested in a really, really cheap Tyros2?

chas

#275896 - 11/22/09 05:52 PM Re: Latin Styles
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
Perhaps I can help here. I also concentrate on latin rhythms, and constantly look for styles suitable for Yamaha keyboards. One of the FEW sources I have found that do not simply list the usual PSR styles is:
"mundo ritmos" -- the link is:
http://groups.google.com/group/mundoritmos?lnk=

Join and examine the "archive".

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online