SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#275865 - 11/20/09 10:13 AM Re: Most recent songs added...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Russ,

I used to play We're All Alone rather roughly (more like, wrongly ), but the arrangement I found in an old Fake Book, has the proper chords...a lot of slash chords, and boy, do they ever make a difference.

I modified an E.Piano Ballad so that it will play over the 2/4 measures in the song...used a program that Michael Bedesem made for me, called StyleAdjust.

I have a DVD (Boz Scagg's Greatest Hits "Live") of Boz doing this, and his other excellent tunes (Look What You've Done To Me is another super ballad), at the Great American Music Hall, San Francisco.

Would have loved to be as fortunate as you and saw him "live".

He had two terrific keyboardists with him in San Fransisco, and, the bass player, Matt Bissonette, was absolutely astonishing.

Boz is definitely one of the greats.

Ian

#275866 - 11/20/09 12:58 PM Re: Most recent songs added...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Russ,
Boz is definitely one of the greats.
Ian

... and one of the most UNDERRATED and UNDERAPPRECIATED vocalists in the business ...

t.

#275867 - 11/20/09 01:11 PM Re: Most recent songs added...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Great writer, too!

Russ

#275868 - 11/21/09 02:55 AM Re: Most recent songs added...
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Almost off-the-topic

Since I have retired my song list has changer radically;
It is no longer what is effective or what they would like to hear, now it’s all about me. I get to play all the songs that I love. One of the blessing of getting older.

John C.

#275869 - 11/21/09 04:00 AM Re: Most recent songs added...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

Since I have retired my song list has changer radically;
It is no longer what is effective or what they would like to hear, now it’s all about me. I get to play all the songs that I love. One of the blessing of getting older.

John C.

John....I can relate very well to your post...I've decided to take this winter off (for personal gigs), and it is so nice to just sit down and play a tune without analyzing whether it will work well in a gig context.

It's sheer joy to play without that pressure.

Ian

#275870 - 11/21/09 06:40 AM Re: Most recent songs added...
124 Offline

Good points, Ian and John. I think we all have our 'other' side. Of the five 'new' songs I listed earlier only the last two are gigworthy(?) for the type of gigs that I do. The others are just for home consumption only.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online