SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#275642 - 11/11/09 09:27 PM Not to steal Hank's thread ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Now THAT'S getting personal! You have to have all your STUFF on the golf cart and in the boat. I'm thinking about getting a trailer to pull behind my golf cart so I can take more stuff when I play.
The necessities: 20 or 30 clubs, a few dozen balls, sweaters, rain suits, extra shoes, towels, ball retrievers, sunscreen, first aid kit, extra gloves, hats, GPS, cell phone, radio, tools, extra battery cables, tow rope, mosquito repellent, heater or fan, ice chest, notebook for writing bets, extra pens, pencils, ERASER (most important), ballmark repair tool, sand bottles for divots, box of tees and extra score cards, drugs (aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve), snacks, umbrella, insulated drink holder, camera and small spinning rod/reel in case the course backs up by the pond. I have actually used every one of these items during a round of golf.
Don't get me started about what's in the bass boat!
DonM

... but I needed to respond to this one ...
I don't doubt that Don's used all of these at one time or another ... the question is "Has he used any of them in the past 10 years?!?" ...
Actually, having had the honor and privilege of playing golf with Don and Semi Live (and that's just about what he was that day), I can attest that the only things Don needs are one tee, one ball, a driver, a pitching wedge and a putter ... and a wallet to put the bet payoffs in, on those days when Semi Live is off his game ... these boys can PLAY some golf !!! ...
Let me put it this way - Don plays golf as good as he sings and emulates a guitar on the kb ...
'nuff said ...
t.

#275643 - 11/11/09 09:48 PM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony,
You caught Bill the morning after the night before. Not only was he hung over, he got only a few hours sleep. He is a better player than you and I put together when he's on his game. He has played very little in the past few years. Too busy making money!
I took a lesson last week. The pro told me I was standing too close to the ball . . . AFTER I hit it.
DonM

#275644 - 11/12/09 01:09 AM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
GEEEzzz, DonM, as much as I love the game, you would have trouble getting me to play with all that STUFF alongside me, and probably a few others as well. Leave that bl***y mobile at home and I may reconsider. That is, unless you are a member at Augusta, and then I might drop my standards, (just once)!!!!!
My rule book might have problems with 6 or 16 of those clubs too. But then again , if the bets were on and strict Rules in force, I would be again VEEERRRYYYY interested.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#275645 - 11/12/09 02:59 PM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
tony mads usa Offline

Don ... definitely no slight intended for Bill ... he showed me more than he had to to tell how good he is ...
and I only personally know about 1182 golfers who are better than me ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-12-2009).]

#275646 - 11/12/09 10:29 PM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That was a funny post, Don. It's amazing you thought of all of that. Except it's in your golf cart now. I can barely fit in when we play. The only man I know who takes two bags on his cart. For himself.

TonyM, that night before was a rare occasion. I don't remember the occasion, but it was rare. Actually, I guess it wasn't that rare. I trust I had fun. Come on down!

#275647 - 11/14/09 09:19 AM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
That was a funny post, Don. It's amazing you thought of all of that. Except it's in your golf cart now. I can barely fit in when we play. The only man I know who takes two bags on his cart. For himself.

TonyM, that night before was a rare occasion. I don't remember the occasion, but it was rare. Actually, I guess it wasn't that rare. I trust I had fun. Come on down!

Bill the night before WAS a rare occasion - an opportunity for cyber space friends to actually meet in person and share food, music and most of all FRIENDSHIP ... It is really a shame if you don't remember it ... but I think you may be 'putting on' a little bit about that ... it's a night that Lydia and I will never forget, and I thank all of you who were there ...
t.

#275648 - 11/16/09 05:49 PM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
My memory is often, less than stellar, but I do remember the evening at Ernest's. That WAS where we were, right? Haha, maybe it was what I did afterwards. She shot me up with Tequila. Or maybe one of those fancy Gary Diamond drinks he's talked about for years. Kickappoo Joy Juice or something. Yeah, that was it. When I was a kid, we had a locally famous restaurant -- Kickapoo Restaurant. Fond memories. Right on that famous drag, Hwy. 80. Something notorious happened there, I forget what. Don prolly remembers. I was only about 5. He was out of college by then, he'll remember.

#275649 - 11/16/09 06:04 PM Re: Not to steal Hank's thread ...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In the words of John Conlee, "but that was before my time". I came to town in 1977, just at the death of the notorious Bossier Strip. I think I actually finished it off myself.
I'm not THAT much older than you Wild Bill.
And I putt better than you too.

DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online