SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#274981 - 11/02/09 03:48 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
mistake, sorry

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 11-02-2009).]

#274982 - 11/02/09 03:57 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow! That's....ahhhh...groovy, Dom.

At a quick glance, it looks like a crossword puzzle...sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, when will we be able to buy and use this product...before the New Year?

#274983 - 11/02/09 06:38 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Wow! That's....ahhhh...groovy, Dom.

At a quick glance, it looks like a crossword puzzle...sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, when will we be able to buy and use this product...before the New Year?

It's out now.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/groove-x6-d-p-235.html?osCsid=ddec396f59ee33fe340ad0db3f3a7f12

Regards
James

#274984 - 11/02/09 07:24 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
ianmcnll Offline

So, I'm supposing this is a derivative of the Mediastation?

That product had a rocky beginning, and a less than enthusiastic reception here on SZ.

I hope the Groove fares much better.

I must say, looks far better in black than red, but that's just my relatively conservative taste.

Since this is a General Arranger forum, are there any demos using styles?

#274985 - 11/02/09 10:02 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Great Topic

I really think the Arranger module is going to end up being a laptop arranger. The prices of PC's are now so cheap, it would make sense for any of the the Major Players (Roland, Korg, Yamaha. Etc) to create a Program on a Dongle ready to plug in.

They have the resources (sound Styles Etc) so it could be a really vaible and profitable medium.

Jerry

Jerry

#274986 - 11/02/09 10:10 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Great Topic

I really think the Arranger module is going to end up being a laptop arranger. The prices of PC's are now so cheap, it would make sense for any of the the Major Players (Roland, Korg, Yamaha. Etc) to create a Program on a Dongle ready to plug in.

They have the resources (sound Styles Etc) so it could be a really viable and profitable medium.

Jerry

Jerry

Now, that's a cool idea, Jerry. Isn't there a PC program that plays PSR styles in an arranger sort of way?

Would just be a matter of developing it further.

Also, what about Band-In-The-Box? Would it be that difficult to allow it to be played "live", like an arranger?

I think you're spot on with your prediction.

#274987 - 11/02/09 10:33 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Great Topic

They have the resources (sound Styles Etc) so it could be a really vaible and profitable medium.

Jerry

Jerry

They have been out for donkeys years
http://www.live-styler.de/home/
http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm

Regards

Bill

#274988 - 11/02/09 11:09 AM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
ianmcnll Offline

But these are just little home made donkeys...Jerry is referring to the Big Three taking it to the next level, and making thoroughbred race horses.

They could even make some sort of adaptor to attach the laptop to your Wersi, Mediastation, or Ensoniq Mirage.

The basic idea has been done, sure, but, not to the level comparable to a full featured TOTL arranger.

Kudos again, to Jerry.

#274989 - 11/02/09 01:23 PM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
it would be a great concept, but I doubt they'd do it.

Wouldn't something like that cut back on their keyboard sales? Basically how much will a user be willing to pay for a piece of software?

We've got software like One Man Band & Livestyler, only thing holding them back is that they don't have a soundsource 100% compatible for the "psr styles" that they're capable of playing.
I bought a Ketron SD2 soundmodule to try & use with OMB software, psr styles need a fair bit of editing to sound any good with it.

I'm thinking of giving an XG soundfont another go as a soundsource. This time in a V Machine instead of the laptop itself.
Be interesting to see if it works.
James (IrishActs), thank you for offering to try loading a soundfont for me, won't be neccesary, I ended up buying a secondhand v machine on Ebay for less than half price, all but brand new. Couldn't resist, just waiting for it to arrive.

I still think it's a pity the main manufacturers have stopped making arranger modules. I've had all the Rolands, the Korg, even a Technics. Plus I used to own a QY700. Sorry I sold it, many years ago.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Great Topic

Jerry

Jerry

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#274990 - 11/02/09 04:43 PM Re: Regarding arranger modules....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well my friend, as I said, Yamaha reads these forums.

Why don't you put up a poll, or a post, that deals with the release of these codes and have the "arranger power users" respond and state in their own words why they want/need access to them.

I'm sure someone from Roland reads SZ as well, and perhaps from Korg, too.

It would be a start, and we have to start somewhere.

Just because I am not interested in carrying/adding more gear, doesn't mean that it applies to everyone...it's only this past decade that MOTL arrangers became good enough to use on a pro gig (for me) instead of TOTL arrangers, and finally I can simplify my kit even more, but perhaps I am in the minority of "arranger power users".

In any case, it would be good to make the manufacturers aware that there are people who want these codes, and there's no better place to start,than here on SZ.

I don't know, Ian. I keep posting this stuff and VERY few chime in or add anything to it.

I guess it's far more entertaining to sit around and bitch about each arranger's weak points (or ignore them completely to justify its' purchase ) than to actually DO something about it

I guess the day I start a topic about adding full MIDI codes to arrangers and it fills up quickly with other players going 'I want that TOO! ', that MIGHT be the day any of the manufacturers take any notice..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online