SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#274794 - 10/30/09 07:13 PM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

agreed, but "others" barely uprgrade at all and problems never get fixed.

Please dont get there...with all due respect i dont think you know anything about Korg and
their updates and fixing of bugs...i think James warned you about it...lol.

#274795 - 10/30/09 07:15 PM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
[B] Ketron has never charge for any upgrades, even the ones that were issued 5 years later.

Tell me of one that charged??? You know whats an update or an upgrade??? Take a look at
OS 1.5 for KORG PA series, which brought the Guitar Mode and then take a look at OS 2.0
which brought the DNC...then you'll figure it out...did anyone pay for it??? And it was an upgrade
same as handing you a new free synth not an upgrade of 300 styles and sounds
(the same ones but rebalanced)...

Ok, enough laughing...lets be real and nice.

#274796 - 10/31/09 02:34 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Nedim,

it took you 6 posts to say what you easily could do in one.
Are you trying to become No.1 at The Top Of The Posts list?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#274797 - 10/31/09 03:55 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Please dont get there...with all due respect i dont think you know anything about Korg and
their updates and fixing of bugs...i think James warned you about it...lol.

just the same as you do about ketron, do you still have the shirt

I know enough not to buy one again.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-31-2009).]

#274798 - 10/31/09 03:59 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Tell me of one that charged??? You know whats an update or an upgrade??? Take a look at
OS 1.5 for KORG PA series, which brought the Guitar Mode and then take a look at OS 2.0
which brought the DNC...then you'll figure it out...did anyone pay for it??? And it was an upgrade
same as handing you a new free synth not an upgrade of 300 styles and sounds
(the same ones but rebalanced)...

Ok, enough laughing...lets be real and nice.

As I remember Ketron did the same thing with the SD1, new sounds, new styles and revoicing, look it up.

#274799 - 10/31/09 04:59 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
As I remember Ketron did the same thing with the SD1, new sounds, new styles and revoicing, look it up.

Yeah, and OS4 was the last one for SD1 ....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#274800 - 10/31/09 05:11 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

Revoicing sounds is a far cry from what KORG did. They they rebuilt the entire sound engine and expanded it from 5 OSC's to 16 and more.....

You won't find an arranger made by anyone else as deep as a KORG. They are the closest you can get to Workstations with Arrangers built in.

#274801 - 10/31/09 06:07 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Methinks Korg upgraded their sound engine to what it was supposed to have been at launch.

Nothing wrong with that, and they also should be commended for the upgrades being free...but, what choice did they have , when the initial instrument did not compete very well with Yamaha's SA and Mega Voice technology?

Not everyone wants a lot of depth in sound editing on an arranger...a workstation/synth, yes, but arrangers are primarily for home users and amateur players.

That's why they have easy play features, like single finger chords, and Karaoke style midi players...sure, they are used by some pros, but their main purpose is for the amateur.

Having said that, Korgs are for the amateur/home players (and pros), who like like to delve a little further into the sound engine, and they serve that purpose very well, although it appears to be a niche market.

Elaborate sound editing (as opposed to basic filter and amp ADSR which is on Yamaha and, I believe Roland) on an arranger is not for everyone, but it is nice to see at least one manufacturer making instruments that have this feature for those users that need/want it.

#274802 - 10/31/09 08:15 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Revoicing sounds is a far cry from what KORG did. They they rebuilt the entire sound engine and expanded it from 5 OSC's to 16 and more.....

You won't find an arranger made by anyone else as deep as a KORG. They are the closest you can get to Workstations with Arrangers built in.

I'm not knocking korg as if it is a bad arranger, but for my personal uses I find ketron suits my work better than korg. I find that ketron styles and sounds just sound a whole lot better. Even with with some problems that audya may or may not have at this moment. I would still take the audya over the pa2x anyday. just my opinion like it or not.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-31-2009).]

#274803 - 10/31/09 09:05 AM Re: AUDYA >> OS4 ... Coming Soon... YES, OS4 !!! Keeps getting better & better...
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Irishacts,

I think I will go with you , you appear to be the expert here I can feel it in my water, what do you think of the Audya compared to the PA2x, don't hold back on the crap if you don't, want lets have it both barrels
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online