Topic Options
#274653 - 10/28/09 05:24 PM Roland E60 Foot Pedal
BBBB Offline

done

Edited by BBBB (09/03/18 08:16 AM)

#274654 - 10/28/09 06:06 PM Re: Roland E60 Foot Pedal
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Brian, you don't HAVE to put an expression pedal in the Footswitch/Expression input...

As it's name implies, it can receive either continuous OR switched pedals. Start/stop is one of its' options if you put a switch in there.

Look up p.55 of the manual...

It is also quite easy to go to that page on the fly and retask the F/S to do something else, but its' function is only stored in the UPS, NOT the UPG.

Hope this helps.

#274656 - 10/28/09 07:54 PM Re: Roland E60 Foot Pedal
Diki Offline

Any old F/S with the correct polarity (or a switchable polarity one) will work. Not sure I'd bother with an expensive one from Roland unless you are into brand identity!

#274658 - 10/29/09 10:31 AM Re: Roland E60 Foot Pedal
Diki Offline

You could also do the breaks in All Shook Up, etc., using the Break/Mute function. It can be assigned to the F/S too...

#274660 - 10/30/09 12:26 PM Re: Roland E60 Foot Pedal
Diki Offline

My favorite thing for the D-Beam is ACC on/off. One swipe of your hands, you are down to just Bass and drums, another and back in comes the full band...

It has one quirk, though. If you START out with some of the ACC Parts muted, if you do the ACC off (with anything, actually), when you do the ACC on, ALL the parts get un-muted. It doesn't remember which ones were muted in the first place

There are two workarounds for this... first is, don't MUTE Parts that you want to STAY muted. Just turn their volumes down to zero and store the UPG like that. Or, you can mute style Tones (not Parts) quickly in the Style Makeup Tools Mixer (just tap the icon of the sound at the top of the mixer) on the fly, and the ACC on/off doesn't affect these.

Live band, I like the D-Beam for the resonance cut (wish it worked like a low cut filter on the entire output, though... that would be cool for techno) for lead sounds, or sometimes for Leslie fast/slow...

But there are MANY uses for it I wish it had, but doesn't. First thing would be the ability to chose WHAT sound I want on the INST setting. There's a GREAT small club applause in the soundset, but the one that is assigned is this huge stadium roar/white noise sound which is useless live (unless you ARE doing huge stadiums!). Roland ought to let the user chose what sounds (and what gate time they have).

I wish it had the synth sound/theremin effect you can get on the GW-8. I wish you could modulate effects with it. I wish that Fill went cyclically... You can fill up, OR fill down, but you can't fill up to Var4 then go back to Var1 with one more wave (can't do that with a single F/S either... would be nice for those without FC-7 input if you could).

There's a million and one things that it COULD do that would be useful, but of the 62 things it CAN do, I really have a use for about three..

Roland need to make it programmable...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online