SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#274565 - 10/29/09 03:34 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A guy walks into the doctor's office and says, "Doc, I haven't had a bowel movement in a week!" The doctor gives him a prescription for a mild laxative and tells him, "If it doesn't work, let me know."

A week later the guy is back: "Doc, still no movement!"

The doctor says, "Hmm, guess you need something stronger," and prescribes a powerful laxative.

Still another week later the poor guy is back: "Doc, STILL nothing!"

The doctor, worried, says, "We'd better get some more information about you to try to figure out what's going on. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a Mac User."

The doctor looks up and says, "Well, that's it! Here's $10.00. Go get something to eat!"

LOL

#274566 - 10/29/09 08:32 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Thanks to Scott for bringing up this topic and thanks to everyone posting here.

I type the lyrics to foreign songs on 4x6 cards and memorize off of them. I just re-typed some of them using the appropriate letters. Now the Spanish and German look authentic and easier to read.

Lucky

#274567 - 10/30/09 01:07 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Just install more than one keyboard layout and switch using CTRL-SHIFT. The keyboard icon in your system tray will tell you what layout you're using. Véry ëásy :-) løl

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#274568 - 10/30/09 02:35 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
A guy walks into the doctor's office and says, "Doc, I haven't had a bowel movement in a week!" The doctor gives him a prescription for a mild laxative and tells him, "If it doesn't work, let me know."

A week later the guy is back: "Doc, still no movement!"

The doctor says, "Hmm, guess you need something stronger," and prescribes a powerful laxative.

Still another week later the poor guy is back: "Doc, STILL nothing!"

The doctor, worried, says, "We'd better get some more information about you to try to figure out what's going on. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a Mac User."

The doctor looks up and says, "Well, that's it! Here's $10.00. Go get something to eat!"

LOL

I don't get it.

#274569 - 10/30/09 05:52 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
I don't get it.

The guy apparently spent all his money on the Mac (they tend to be expensive), and didn't have enough left over for food.

BTW, did you get yourself a Prelude, or GW-8?

I just bought and resold a Roland Pro-E...remember that one? Short keyboard.

It even had Super Card with it, and both were in excellent condition...they were well made instruments, and this one had only seen home use, on top of a mint Yamaha Clavinova CLP-300, which I also bought and sold.

BTW2...my buddy uses a Mac in his studio...he loves it, but he's awful thin.

It does music apps exceptionally well.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-30-2009).]

#274570 - 10/30/09 06:51 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
In Canada...don't you need a little more that $10.00 to have a meal???

:-)

Just got back from London...$10.00 didn't buy much!

Lee S.

#274571 - 10/30/09 07:06 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
In Canada...don't you need a little more that $10.00 to have a meal???

:-)

Just got back from London...$10.00 didn't buy much!

Lee S.

Well, Lee, at my place, Chef Stouffer rules the kitchen.

I don't even have a stove...just a microwave, and a toaster oven, and if it doesn't fit in either of those...

I buy only "heart smart" frozen dinners.

You can still get a great pizza (small veggie combo) here in town, for under $10.

London?

Ontario, or England?

#274572 - 10/30/09 12:58 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's an old joke, that's why the small amount of money...

Most Macs can be had for FAR less than you spent on your arranger... a Macbook laptop for under $1000, and a Mac Mini (works with your current display) for $599.

Yep, that MIGHT seem a lot compared to an Acer or Notebook, but when you consider all the software (full versions, not crippled demoware) that you get (Garageband alone will cost you over $400 for a PC equivalent), and their top rated customer service and satisfaction ratings (malware is a thing of the past), it starts to even out.

We are prepared to pay through the nose for an arranger that doesn't misbehave, crash, or make simple tasks onerous.. Why are we so eager to cut corners on our computers? Most of us could probably USE a few meals less, anyway!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online