SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#274555 - 10/27/09 11:01 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Cool Beakybird. I learned something...but I still can't find Jorgen's slashed O.
Eddie

To enter Jørgen's " ø ":

Simply press & hold the "ALT KEY", then enter "0248". Works For me.

#274556 - 10/28/09 02:14 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Weird... most of those symbols are simply achieved on a Mac...

ø is Option(alt) o (small O).. å is Option a... in fact here's my Querty with option...

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆∆˚¬Ω≈ç√∫˜µ

Shift option: Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏ÅÍÎÏ˝ÓÔÒ¸˛Ç◊ı˜Â

plus others for numbers, etc.

Why does Windows make this so hard?

#274557 - 10/28/09 02:49 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Scott

good to see you again after some years, my friend.

ciao from Italy

#274558 - 10/28/09 03:30 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
bomba6 Offline

Loc: Israel
You are writing in Hebrew.
Well, it might be depending on regional settings on each machine.
I have Hebrew Windows 7, Using Firefox 3.5, with page coding of Hebrew (windows-1255).

What I see is Hebrew letters.

#274559 - 10/28/09 09:04 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Nice to see you back Scott!!

#274560 - 10/29/09 09:33 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Is there some combination of keys (alt/ctrl/shift, etc) to enter which will include these unique markings/accents?

Yes . . . on a Mac.

eg, ALT + E = é.

What you guys put up with back there in the Windows world is just NUTS ("Alt + 0233", LOL).

#274561 - 10/29/09 10:53 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:

What you guys put up with back there in the Windows world is just NUTS ("Alt + 0233", LOL).

Nuts yeah , but growing up a Mac fan (we had Macs in school afterall ), I later only reluctantly moved to Windows so I could run critical Yamaha utility software and other 'available on windows only' software. I keep contemplating returning home to the Mac platform, but Mac vs Windows PC prices and far greater windows software availability have kept me on a PC now. That said: Is 'dual boot' or 'Windows emulation software' the better choice for running both the Mac OS and Windows on a Mac?

Scott

#274562 - 10/29/09 11:28 AM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
What keys do I press (on a Mac) if I want this type of è or ê or ë?

I've been using the Alt + xxx for Unicode special characters since....well, since the days of DOS, I guess. Want a real tough password to crack, throw in a few Unicode special characters (just don't forget the key sequence).

Here's a continuation (from the link above) on keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word and WordPad (doesn't work in IE).

-mike

#274563 - 10/29/09 03:05 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Scott, nice to see you post again .

Many native characters such as i.e. æ, ø, å (Æ, Ø, Å) etc. are not possible to find in
every fonttype simply because they're not in the particular font library.
To change the location/language for the keyboard (Controlpanel) may be helpful, but
since the characters are not visible on the keyboard itself, it's not a easy way.

Maybe this is a bit helpful?
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/charmap.html

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#274564 - 10/29/09 03:27 PM Re: How can I Type letters with accents/marking? ö; ä, è, é
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
What keys do I press (on a Mac) if I want this type of è or ê or ë?

If you know your European languages, the accents are all exactly where you'd intuitively look for them.

ALT + ` = è
ALT + i = ê
ALT + u = ë

"Unicode special characters", LOL.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online