SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#274259 - 10/21/09 01:00 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
leezone Offline

well for one thing it's almost $5,000

and i would much rather have a Module Version of AUDYA, so i can use with keyboard of MY choice.

lots of Ketron products have had module versions, why not AUDYA?

and if i wait, maybe the Hardware will get bumped to 2 gig ram, 500GB HD,
maybe we see an AUDYA2 :-)

#274260 - 10/21/09 01:06 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
Dnj Offline

Lee why are you so unhappy with what you already have?......if the Audya was a bit less money would you buy one now even with it's drawbacks that have been discussed here on SZ since it's release? I'm sure what you now have is very adequate to produce some wonderful music..no?

#274261 - 10/21/09 01:11 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
leezone Offline

what i have is good, G-70, XD3 module,

but man the AUDYA would be nice, those drums and guitars are awesome

if AUDYA was alot less $$$ i would consider,
but i would probably want to sell G-70, even though there are certain styles on G-70 which i really like over Ketron, but not many :-)

#274262 - 10/21/09 01:16 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Where are you from, Leezone?

Do you do 'modern' Latin, or stuff primarily from the sixties and seventies?

Some of those GW-8L styles (you SURE you heard the -L variant?) seem pretty contemporary to me...

#274263 - 10/21/09 01:35 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
leezone Offline

Diki,

i'm originally from Portugal, but have been here all my life, NY/NJ

i think i have heard the L version, but please do send me link to hear GW8L styles just in case

Portugal and Brasil are not Latin, even though Brasil is in South America

i play MOSTLY portuguese music, and this is why AUDYA is great, because of FCMUSICA, who create authentic styles :-)

as far as Latin stuff, i play about 10% at gigs

#274264 - 10/21/09 02:17 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki,

i'm originally from Portugal, but have been here all my life, NY/NJ

i think i have heard the L version, but please do send me link to hear GW8L styles just in case

Portugal and Brasil are not Latin, even though Brasil is in South America

i play MOSTLY portuguese music, and this is why AUDYA is great, because of FCMUSICA, who create authentic styles :-)

as far as Latin stuff, i play about 10% at gigs

You have mail..

#274265 - 10/22/09 12:48 AM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I have been saying this for a LONG time, no manufacturer has decent Latino styles, and I mean styles that can be use in Mexico, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Argentina, even Spain. Brazil has their own styles, Samba, Batucada, etc...

If you listen to the popular Radio stations on any of the countries I mention at the beginning, that is the kind of styles I am referring to.

Manufacturers ask their style designers to make styles, and is evident that they are clueless about the culture to represent in their instrumentation, musical phrasing, etc. Been a good style designer, does not mean that can make ETHNIC styles accurately.

The attempt by Roland with the GW8L, fell pretty short, basically there are only 5, YES, only 5 Cumbias that to each, only tiny small variations on tempo and perhaps an instrument change, and THAT multiply by 5 times, made it to 25....so, that's why they got the names, Cumbia Radio 1,2,3,4,5, etc...
Is very disappointing coming from Roland, also to showcase those styles at the Summer Namm a year ago, with a guy that had no clue that Paso Duranguenze(Northern area of Mexico) has NOTHING to do with a Paso Doble (from Spain)....and in top of that, added to the left hand a B3 organ sound?????? is like putting in a Viennesse Waltz a Banjo and brass. And if you don't believe me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwRIYILOP0
check time line 1:35, is the worse demo ever.

I agree with the comment that Ketron makes the best ethnic styles SO FAR, not perfect, but is the most accurate until now.

------------------
mdorantes

#274266 - 10/22/09 04:00 PM Re: looking for some good Roland latin styles
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:

I have been saying this for a LONG time, no manufacturer has decent Latino styles, and I mean styles that can be use in Mexico, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Argentina, even Spain. Brazil has their own styles, Samba, Batucada, etc...

If you listen to the popular Radio stations on any of the countries I mention at the beginning, that is the kind of styles I am referring to.

Manufacturers ask their style designers to make styles, and is evident that they are clueless about the culture to represent in their instrumentation, musical phrasing, etc. Been a good style designer, does not mean that can make ETHNIC styles accurately.

The attempt by Roland with the GW8L, fell pretty short, basically there are only 5, YES, only 5 Cumbias that to each, only tiny small variations on tempo and perhaps an instrument change, and THAT multiply by 5 times, made it to 25....so, that's why they got the names, Cumbia Radio 1,2,3,4,5, etc...
Is very disappointing coming from Roland, also to showcase those styles at the Summer Namm a year ago, with a guy that had no clue that Paso Duranguenze(Northern area of Mexico) has NOTHING to do with a Paso Doble (from Spain)....and in top of that, added to the left hand a B3 organ sound?????? is like putting in a Viennesse Waltz a Banjo and brass. And if you don't believe me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwRIYILOP0
check time line 1:35, is the worse demo ever.

I agree with the comment that Ketron makes the best ethnic styles SO FAR, not perfect, but is the most accurate until now.

I couldn't agree with you more and that is worst demo I have ever seen. It cool that roland released a latin keyboard but there are two factors: quality of the styles and you get what you pay for, how good can a $800 keyboard be?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online