SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#274229 - 10/23/09 01:39 AM Re: german octoberfest
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Interesting to see what they're playing in Germany for Oktoberfest.

I am 100% Prussian German stock, all settled in Wisconsin in the 1800's as was the whole area.

So, I grew up in that chip kicking music But there it is mostly to honor and remember the German heritage. So the typical songs are Beer Barrel, Tinker, Lichtensteiner, Barbara (Baruska), Just Because, Helena, Schottishes, etc

Here is one of the top hot polka bands from Whitewater, Wisconsin. They also travel to the other Polka capitol, Pennsylvania.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlF11QaloCw

We didn't listen to this kind of music in our family

#274230 - 10/23/09 03:52 AM Re: german octoberfest
RobertU Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Robert, is Jurgen Drews the same person as Jurgen Andrews?

Regards

Taike

No, he sings, too, but other songs. Jrgen Drews is very very pupular for his music in Mallorca (Spain) and on the Oktoberfest.

#274231 - 10/23/09 02:36 PM Re: german octoberfest
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertU:
Hello my friends!

Im a little bit surprise, what songs are playing on your german octoberfest!

Im living in germany and they dont listen to any songs on the october fest, which posted here in the thread.

But I know, in USA theres another opinion about our german party. Thats not a critism to you. Its another feeling and culture and thats good, too!

Best regards from germany, Robert ;-)

Robert, Are "Wooden Heart" and "Du Du liebst mir im herzen" known in Germany? Are they popular 'folk songs'?
If I played them for my German neighbors who were born and have lived in Germany all their lives except for some work assignments in other countries, would they know them?
thank you,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-23-2009).]

#274232 - 10/23/09 05:20 PM Re: german octoberfest
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Tony, both are well-known songs in Germany. "Wooden Heart" was based on "Mu i' denn zum Stdtele hinaus". I would say that "Du, du liegst mir im Herzen" is the more popular one.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#274233 - 10/23/09 09:12 PM Re: german octoberfest
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Robert,

I don't recognize most of the songs you listed. I played at Bierkellars in Germany and other western European countries throughout the 80's. We did the traditional beer-drinking songs like:

Der mann am klavier
Du kannst nicht treu sein
In Munchen steht ein hofbrauhaus
Kornblumenblau
Kufsteinlied
Nach hause geh'n wir nicht
O du wonderschoner
Schneewalser
Solang der alte Peter
Trink, trink bruderlein
Waldeslust
Wer soll das bezahlen
Wiener praterleben
Alte kameraden
Der treue Husar
Deutschmeister Regimentsmarsch
Es war einmal ein treu'r Husar
Radetzky March
Tolzer Schutzenmarsch

I'm playing these same songs and others here (in America) at Oktoberfests and every German who attends recognizes every one of the songs I listed.

Is there a reason you didn't list these traditional songs that most older Germans know? Do they not play them anymore these days in Germany? I haven't been there in years.

Lucky

#274234 - 10/23/09 11:04 PM Re: german octoberfest
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
They still do, Lucky. Schlagers and Pop are usually played after the more traditional songs. Most of the songs in your list are still played to this day.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#274235 - 10/23/09 11:17 PM Re: german octoberfest
RobertU Offline

Loc: Germany
Dear Lucky,

In theses days, a lot of young guys come to the Oktoberfest. Because of, they play more modern songs like Ive posted here. All the time, they play music like this, but also on our Karneval (traditional party here in germany for 3 days). I play this songs on partys on my Pegasus, too and here in germany, they really like it. But I have to say, that your list is right, too. We play this songs, when the orchestra walks through the streets in bavaria and the people like it really, too. I only posted this list, because its list of todays music on Oktoberfest in bars, etc.. The other songs, (I know them) are a little bit older.

But I have to notice you, that you neednt play my list. Yout octoberfest is different like our Oktoberfest. In your place your songs are very famous and they like it. I think, even you play my list, the people become wondering, what music this is....they thinking: "What the hell, is this...? LOL".

Well, I only noticed, that you play some very old songs on your octoberfest and I would like to bring them to an actually stand. Your songs are welcome on octoberfest, too! ;-)

I thank you for your interest on my opinion, best regards, Robert ;-) http://www.youtube.com/user/kilney

PS: Please please forgive me, for my terrible faults by written in english ;-)!

#274236 - 10/24/09 02:09 AM Re: german octoberfest
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi RobertU

Just checked out your youtube page. Had a chance to listen to And I Love Her. Very nice interpretation.

#274237 - 10/26/09 09:18 PM Re: german octoberfest
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Most of the songs in your list are still played to this day.

Taike......whewwwwwww! 'cause I love those old German standards.

Lucky

#274238 - 10/26/09 09:28 PM Re: german octoberfest
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertU:

In theses days, a lot of young guys come to the Oktoberfest. Because of, they play more modern songs like Ive posted here. ;-)!

Robert....thanks for your explanation. I thought that's what it was....new "blood" at the Oktoberfests.

But, I'm glad to hear they're still listening to the older ones 'cause those are some great songs...Kufsteinlied, Schneewalser, the Strauss waltz's, and many others.

This Internet communication is wonderful. I can know the latest that's happening with Oktoberfest music with helpful people like yourself and vice versa....you can find out what's happening here in the USA.

I was listening to your demo's on Youtube. Very nice. I didn't even know Wersi did auto-arranger keyboards. How do you like yours? If you had to pick over again, would you go with the same keyboard?

Lucky

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online