SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#274013 - 10/19/09 03:53 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Is there any way to add "1, 2, cha cha cha" to the list of banned words or phrases? When it starts to get used in practically every other post, apparently to hide the inability to articulate even a simple thought, then the sheer agony of hearing it used over and over and over and over, should be enough to get it on the 'banned list'. Remember how we used to use this tactic as kids to shout another kid down. Since we had no counter-argument (too dumb or too inarticulate), we'd just shout out some gobbledygook. Reminds me a lot of that. In the meantime, we can assign 'idiot points', 1 for each time the phrase is used (2 if it wasn't your phrase to begin with). After accumulating 10 points, the abuser would have to take a mandatory class in "Life without Cliche's".

chas

#274014 - 10/19/09 05:42 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwelMWLBPik

Dont we have enough censor in life as it is now you want to add more?

#274015 - 10/19/09 06:04 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cgiles Offline

This has nothing to do with censorship.......as your response clearly illustrates. I'll bet if we took a poll on how many people would like to never hear that phrase again on this board, not because of censorship, but because it has been used to the point of asininity. I'm guessing even it's original utterer would like to see it retired at this point.

Instead of scouring the 'net like some kind of cliche-bot, looking for a place to plug itself in, why not wait until there is something you'd like to respond to (as opposed to pouncing on anything that moves), compose a response that articulates the point you're trying to make, and THEN post.

chas

#274016 - 10/19/09 07:43 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
What amazes me is how fast some are wanting to call a "discussion" and argument.

Thanks for turning up the "discussion"

#274017 - 10/19/09 09:02 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Actually, Donny's "one two Cha Cha Cha" doesn't bother me at all.

It's just his way.

I'm sure I have "ways" that don't jive with everybody....that's their problem, not mine.

It's just not that big a deal, in my opinion.

#274018 - 10/19/09 09:20 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
124 Offline

Yeah, everybody's got their schtick. Every time I hear the famed phrase, I want to jump up and trip the light fandango and trun cartwheels 'cross the floor . . .

#274019 - 10/19/09 09:35 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Dnj Offline

I have to agree with Ian again........

I actually like it better then the phrase
"The Real Deal" in many ways....

#274020 - 10/19/09 09:54 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
ianmcnll Offline

You know, there's lots of stuff said to Donny(and me, and Diki, and Chas etc) that is meant as a "dig" or at the very least, an attempt at getting a rise out of that person....supposedly in fun, but sometimes, there can be a darker meaning, the latter, not very often, thankfully.

And sometimes it works.

Donny has his reply for those occasions (courtesy of Joe), that seems to have the same effect on his perpetrators.

Long term members on SZ know just the right buttons to push to get another long termer annoyed...just like a big dysfunctional family.

I miss Fran being here, and what ever happened to "keybplayer" (Mike)?

He hasn't posted in ages.

#274021 - 10/19/09 10:35 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Actually, Donny's "one two Cha Cha Cha" doesn't bother me at all.

It's just his way.

Well let's hope your new found affection for Donny extends past the time when he trades that Yammy in for a Korg (or Keytron, or Roland, or ...... . At that time, all the 'shortcomings' of the S900 will be revealed. Hey, I've got a Tyros2, a Motif ES, and I thinking about getting a WX5 (for fun). Don't I at least get a kiss on the cheek. BTW, I miss Fran too. The air temperature is at least 5 degrees cooler without his presence .

chas

#274022 - 10/19/09 10:49 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Well let's hope your new found affection for Donny extends past the time when he trades that Yammy in for a Korg (or Keytron, or Roland, or ...... .

Hey Chas, buddy, Donny knows how to get under my skin, too...it's just that particular phrase doesn't bug me....it works on you and Diki pretty good.

He's got another Yamaha (the S910), so he'll be happy for awhile.

I'm thinking of getting a Roland...the GW-8/Prelude look promising, once they add style assembly to the OS.

How's the hip?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online